PDA

View Full Version : Cant find any 18" rims for Euro

avid
23-06-2006, 08:55 PM
Hi everyone,i'm what you guys call a complete noob,im also an old dude( ex mechanic)so please go easy on me if i stuff up on the way you do all this posting.Ive been trying to buy a nice set of rims to replace the crap 16's on the standard Euro.Ive looked at a lot of the great rims you guys are using and i particularly like the Advan Kreuzer X Series ive seen on a few of your cars.Its almost impossible to find rims here in Brisbane with at least a 45 offset,let alone a 48ET(the tyre dealers here think everyone drives holdens and falcons).Anyone know where i can pick up these rims(or similar) any where in Aus ?
Could i also ask, if you thought it a good idea, that a thread be started for Euro drivers where everyone could record their brand of rim,style or model, size and offset, mabye even where they got them from.This would be a big help and save a lot of web time for people looking to get new rims.Thats actually how i found OzHonda.I now really enjoy reading your threads and checking out all the mods you guys do.

EuroDude
23-06-2006, 09:12 PM
I would check eBay or google for them. Or maybe buy a Hot4's magazine and ring up the rim advertisers in there - there are heaps of them.

That thread idea would be great :thumbsup:

driven
23-06-2006, 09:12 PM
If you're looking for 2nd hand rims, try the yahoo auction traders.

would you be interested in these?
http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/9205/p10000578oo.jpg
18x8 5x114.3 +49 SSR SP1s
with 2000kms Kumho esta 712s.
they're currently on my euro and they fill up the guards perfectly. Will be up for sale pretty soon.

avid
23-06-2006, 09:54 PM
Thanx for the quick replies guys,thanx too Euro dude,i see you started the thread already.And yes,ive looked at all those places you suggest but no go so far. I bought 'Auto Performance' mag today too, and have emailed Stamford Tyres who advertise in there,but not getting my hopes up.
Oooh,they're a nice lookin set of wheels Driven,i could be tempted,but my car is the off white colour and i know a lot of people think the contrasting rims look good against the light colour but i was hoping to get some all silver rims, or rims with silver centre and polished outer rim.

Ferrarista
24-06-2006, 02:19 AM
My car has replica Advan Kreuzers on them

Here is what they look like

http://www.supercars.net/gallery/30227/54/1.html

They are 18 x 7.5 and can be purchased from www.ozzytyres.com.au who also have a branch in QLD, they come in white, gold, gun metal

yfin
24-06-2006, 02:33 AM
Many good tyre shops will be able to order for you Advan rims from Japan as they are made by Yokohama tire co. Also PM the traders as they may be able to help. Go for known brand rims - otherwise you may be going down in quality from the stock Enkei rims.

Ferrarista
24-06-2006, 02:40 AM
Many good tyre shops will be able to order for you Advan rims from Japan as they are made by Yokohama tire co. Also PM the traders as they may be able to help. Go for known brand rims - otherwise you may be going down in quality from the stock Enkei rims.

Oh noes :eek:

stephen8512
24-06-2006, 04:10 AM
avid, here in sydney, theres a place called IS MOTORACING that sell the advan kreuzerX. give them a call. Im sure they can freight it to brizzy

IS MOTOR RACING
02 9599 9918
Ask for either INDY or CHRIS. They'll help you out.

Theres also a trader (i think BT Revolution or JDM Import) that sells ADVAN rims. PM them and ask for a quote

hope this helps

avid
24-06-2006, 08:10 AM
Hey Ferrarista,your pics were the first ones i saw with that style of rim.Ive got no problem with copies of the Advan so long as they are Aus compliant quality. I'm too old for hard driving and burnouts anyhow.So long as they dont crack after the first couple of potholes. I would be guided by the experience all you guys have with your rims.Thanx for that name and number Stephen8512,i will give them a call.As for good tyre shops,thats the problem yfin.I reckon i've been to almost all the big and little shops up here and only one place had even heard of Advan by Yokohama.Most of them tried to convince me it was only a Yoki brand of tyre. I have tried Ozzy Tyres up here,they have not been able to get any brand in a 45ET or higher, other than the classic 5 spoke designs, which i'm trying to go away from.Ive had a quote on some new style BBS rims, but they're still on the water a few more weeks,and they're pretty exe,so im still thinking about those.

mugen88
24-06-2006, 10:13 AM
Check this sticky for BT Revolution (OZ Honda Trader)

They can import original Yoko wheels.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33389