PDA

View Full Version : Code 43- Da9 (yay another problem!)

Cold Fusion
24-06-2006, 02:32 AM
today randomly my engine light came on, since my engine is new i immediatly stopped to check it out, i checked oil and fluids and everyhting was fine, i did a ecu check and it was comming out as 43 (four long dots and three short ones, then a pause then repeated), i rung up the people who put the engine in and after they told me it wasnt 43 it was 2 seperate codes (morons), then telling me that i can drive it with light on, then after 10min they told me to bring it to them (i live a while away from them and i couldnt) i turned the car on to check if the engine light was on and it wasnt, so i drove straight home and checked ECU codes, the code is for the fuel system...i only have had premuim in it since new engine and im not THAT good on cars, can anyone suggest anything? then engine light still isnt on but the ECU is still flashing 43, hopefully its nothing major and can be fixed easily...

anyone got any ideas :)

Thanks

CRXer
24-06-2006, 03:22 AM
Does car seem to be driving normally otherwise?

Reset ecu to clear the code & see if it comes up again.

O2 sensor is mixed in with this code as well,could be worth checking.

If not O2 sensor then could be just an intermittent elec fault,ie dodgy connection between O2 & ecu somewhere,check particularly any joins made when new engine installed.

LO_N_SXC
25-06-2006, 05:48 PM
www.g2ic.com

Cold Fusion
03-08-2006, 04:11 PM
its still tehre and im buring alot of oil, any suggestions?

tseesinngwailo
03-08-2006, 04:32 PM
I posted 2 days ago with a very similar problem, could be a full moon or something ha!, but seriously I only found a loose pos connection on my battery, I still feel its down on power. But if you are losing oil I would be very worried. will let you know if i find any bad codes on mine

ECU-MAN
06-08-2006, 12:47 AM
check your

O2 sensor
fuel filter ( how old is it )
fuel pressure
spark plugs
spare tyre air pressure

as mentioned above, reset ECU and see how you go, might be ok untill the next full moon,