PDA

View Full Version : Is it true that that 1998 HONDA ACCORD V-6L is the best so far from Honda?

hondaskywalker
25-06-2006, 12:28 AM
Guys,

I've owned the Honda Accord V6-L since it first came out 8 years ago and paid approximately $50,000 for it at the time, it's got everything - leather interior, wood grain, power eletric everything and rides like a plane - smooth and very luxurious indeed... recently, my Wife and I decided to upgrade and went for the 2006 Honda Accord Euro... despite the various difference in looks, trend and some latest features... I have discovered that for some reason, all in all, nothing beats my 1998 Honda Accord V6-L. The V6-L rides smoother, has fair better handling and is so much roomier... although the new Accord Euro outranks in looks and has some more features inside... I personally feel for what's it's worth all all the hype... Honda's best Accord so far to this day, remains the 1998 Honda Accord V6-L. Does anyone has a similiar car, similiar experiences and thoughts... not to mention, alot of Accord Euro's have been recalled due to various faults... and the Euro's doors are so stiff, uncomfortable seats and the steering is less dynamic than the V6-L...I know it sounds hard to believe... but not all new things are better...and oh, after 1998, most of the Honda rang is assembled in Thailand not Japan anymore...so maybe this is why?

If you have any similiar thoughts, please do share this with me... my Wife is saying that I am dreaming and am too attached to my first car... but trust me, after some years driving, you can start to feel the difference... :thumbsup:

Thanks,

SW. :wave:

EuroDude
25-06-2006, 12:59 AM
The Euro is designed in Britain and manufactured in Japan ;)

Note that the Euro is a sportier Accord so its ride is a bit firmer. But in saying this, I have found that the stock tyres are quite hard. I have Yoko C-Drive on my Euro now and the ride is alot smoother now :)

I have never driven any other accord so I cant comment any further, but the Euro has proven to be an excellent car for me. Sure the earlier models had a couple of issues (what car doesnt?), but the MMC 2006 model has yet to fail me at all :thumbsup: There were three rattles, but they turned out to be Sunglasses in the sunnies holder above, the rear reverse light not put back properly by the tinting dudes, and too many coins in the coin holder on the right lol

hondaskywalker
25-06-2006, 01:03 AM
The Euro is designed in Britain and manufactured in Japan ;)

Note that the Euro is a sportier Accord so its ride is a bit firmer. But in saying this, I have found that the stock tyres are quite hard. I have Yoko C-Drive on my Euro now and the ride is alot smoother now :)

I have never driven any other accord so I cant comment any further, but the Euro has proven to be an excellent car for me. Sure the earlier models had a couple of issues (what car doesnt?), but the MMC 2006 model has yet to fail me at all :thumbsup: There were three rattles, but they turned out to be Sunglasses in the sunnies holder above, the rear reverse light not put back properly by the tinting dudes, and too many coins in the coin holder on the right lol

Firstly, The Euro is a sportier accord indeed... I've seen your pics and my new car is very similiar... but you gotta take into consideration the year and put it on an equal competitive scale... I have read so much reviews and I have spoke to so many proud owners of the 1998 Accord V6-L and wow, it sure runs so much more smoothier!

EuroDude
25-06-2006, 01:14 AM
Maybe you guys should have purchased the normal V6 Accord instead ;)

The normal Accord is a more conservative car, more similar to the 98' Accord.

In various ways, the Accord Euro is virtually the Prelude replacement (which are no longer produced).

yfin
25-06-2006, 02:07 AM
Guys,

I've owned the Honda Accord V6-L since it first came out 8 years ago and paid approximately $50,000 for it at the time, it's got everything - leather interior, wood grain, power eletric everything and rides like a plane - smooth and very luxurious indeed... recently, my Wife and I decided to upgrade and went for the 2006 Honda Accord Euro... despite the various difference in looks, trend and some latest features... I have discovered that for some reason, all in all, nothing beats my 1998 Honda Accord V6-L. The V6-L rides smoother, has fair better handling and is so much roomier... although the new Accord Euro outranks in looks and has some more features inside... I personally feel for what's it's worth all all the hype... Honda's best Accord so far to this day, remains the 1998 Honda Accord V6-L. Does anyone has a similiar car, similiar experiences and thoughts... not to mention, alot of Accord Euro's have been recalled due to various faults... and the Euro's doors are so stiff, uncomfortable seats and the steering is less dynamic than the V6-L...I know it sounds hard to believe... but not all new things are better...and oh, after 1998, most of the Honda rang is assembled in Thailand not Japan anymore...so maybe this is why?

If you have any similiar thoughts, please do share this with me... my Wife is saying that I am dreaming and am too attached to my first car... but trust me, after some years driving, you can start to feel the difference... :thumbsup:

Thanks,

Good to see some passion out there for Accords :D A couple of points though, there has only been one recall on the Euro - the boot harness. There have been recalls for your model too. Hard to comment on differences in build quality - both seem to be very reliable cars (at least mechanically).

The Euro is built in Japan. I thought the 98 Accord was build in Ohio, USA? Check under your hood. Someone will correct me if I am wrong.

Re handling - when you say the V6 has better handling, what has drawn you to this conclusion? I would be surprised if this were the case given the market intentions of the two vehicles are totally different. I would expect the V6 to be a much softer ride.

Mr_will
25-06-2006, 02:32 AM
you mention that the v6 has better handling, yet also is a smoother ride, these seem somewhat incompatible. I would suggest that due to the larger, heavier engine, the v6 would understeer more.

having driven an accord euro luxury and a v6 accord i would have to disagree - the euro was superbly built, i think the seats were exceptionally comfortable, the leather was not the best in a car ive ever seen, but still of a very high standard. quiet as a mouse on the 16' wheels and overal very luxurious for what it is - a competitively priced mid-sized car.

hondaskywalker
25-06-2006, 02:42 AM
you mention that the v6 has better handling, yet also is a smoother ride, these seem somewhat incompatible. I would suggest that due to the larger, heavier engine, the v6 would understeer more.

having driven an accord euro luxury and a v6 accord i would have to disagree - the euro was superbly built, i think the seats were exceptionally comfortable, the leather was not the best in a car ive ever seen, but still of a very high standard. quiet as a mouse on the 16' wheels and overal very luxurious for what it is - a competitively priced mid-sized car.

I know it sounds a bit hard to believe... but not all new cars are better built and drives the same... only a true car enthuasiest will understadn this...and I am sure we all are here of course...

Well, the new Accord Euro looks nice but for some reason feels slightly smaller than the V6-L... when turning the V6 despite the 8 year gap feels smoother, softer and makes less noise when hitting the 100 km/h+ region.. I guess for some reason, I prefer the old one better... everything about it feels better... I kinda regret paying 40+G's for mine...

If only all cars are built like the V6-L... does anyone here own a 1998 V6L like mine and can make some comments?

Chris_F
25-06-2006, 07:21 AM
You're making me wanna drive a V6-L haha.

Honestly though, I'd say the differences your noticing between the car have a fair bit to do with post-purchse dissonance (regret) and your love for your previous car. I find it hard to believe that the euro would handle any worse, especially not at the limits or around a track. Perhaps you prefered the smoother, more refined nature of the accord V6-L and the way it handled like a luxury vehicle as apposed to a sportier vehicle?

If anything, just give the accord euro some time and I'm sure it will grow on you. Well hopefully it doe anyway :thumbsup: personally i think it's a great car.

accordingly flash
25-06-2006, 09:03 AM
hahahaha represent 6th gen owners of the world....i love my 6th gen,only prob with em i can see is the auto tranny,i cant compare it too a euro cos iam yet too drive one,i do like the look of the euros and tried to con the minister for war and finance into trading our 6th gen for one but she loves the 6th gen too much..good too see another pasionate owner..

Mr_will
25-06-2006, 10:44 AM
I know it sounds a bit hard to believe... but not all new cars are better built and drives the same... only a true car enthuasiest will understadn this...and I am sure we all are here of course...

Well, the new Accord Euro looks nice but for some reason feels slightly smaller than the V6-L... when turning the V6 despite the 8 year gap feels smoother, softer and makes less noise when hitting the 100 km/h+ region.. I guess for some reason, I prefer the old one better... everything about it feels better... I kinda regret paying 40+G's for mine...

If only all cars are built like the V6-L... does anyone here own a 1998 V6L like mine and can make some comments?

its not hard to believe at all, i know what you are saying. i would rather drive my integra than say a new excel or other crappy small car.

the specific point i was making was in relation to handling, you said that the v6 handles BETTER than the euro, and I am struggling with this concept, after having driven both the extra weight up front in the v6 is very apparent, i think the euro handles much better

EuroDude
25-06-2006, 11:56 AM
its not hard to believe at all, i know what you are saying. i would rather drive my integra than say a new excel or other crappy small car.

lol very true. I drove a newish 2005 Mitsu Lancer ES and it was terribly slow (auto) and the plastics were discraceful - it had that cheap black plastic that you would see on a 1985 car. Even my 1993 civic's interior was of better quality.

primetimex
25-06-2006, 01:49 PM
I used to own a 1998 Accord although it was the 2.4L 4 cylinder one and I must say I far prefer the Euro in terms of handling, performance and most definitely looks and comfort.

I thought that the '98 was bit soft on the handling like yfin said and a bit 'wallowy'. In contrast, the Euro steering even though stiff (I prefer it this way) it is precise and with the sportier suspension you get a lot more wheel and road feedback which gives you confidence when you want to throw the car around a bit.

Plenty of good acceleration and VTEC on the Euro - and it's a car that wants to get up and go real fast and not lethargic at all

Level of equipment is definitely up - won't say too much here and the looks far outclasses the '98 Accord. - the Euro may well be the successor to the now discontinued Prelude!

hotout
25-06-2006, 01:50 PM
think you're comparing apples to oranges, a better comparo b/w your 98 V6 would be the V6 Accord, NOT the Euro.

Test drive the current V6 Accord, and tell us what you think :D

Unkie
25-06-2006, 02:00 PM
I would be less inclined to consider the 98 Accord and the Euro as comparable cars (in the same way the current V6 Accord does not go head-to-head with the Euro).

I have the Euro and my dad has his '98 V6 next to it. The V6 definitely has the torque advantage, and thus more feel on the bum-G-meter in a straight line. But make it change directions, and albeit smooth in turn, it rolls and pitches like a boat, and has a distinct "lead-tipped arrow" feel, being a nose-heavy FWD. The Euro is definitely a MUCH nimber handler (read sportier, not more comfortable). Especially given the two cars are of almost identical weight.

The '98 Accord is comparable to the Merc E-class in design philosphy, for a solid feeling car, with a heavy accelerator and has nice comfort levels for cruising about like your floating.

But gun it into a corner, and floating doesn't cut it. If I drove my dad's Accord in the same fashion and entry speeds as the Euro, there is much more body pitch and roll, the gearbox is more laggy, the engine less responsive (but more powerful), more understeer, and less agility.

The '98 Accord is indeed roomier (simply because it's wider and longer).

So it depends on what your expectations of a car are. Those who desire a E-class probably won't fancy a C55 AMG.

Chris_F
25-06-2006, 02:24 PM
good post mate :thumbsup:

hondaskywalker
25-06-2006, 09:28 PM
Dear friends, I must say, after having made this post - I then went and took both cars for a good spin around the city this afternoon... I considered both cars as similiar vehicles of the same release year and soon realised that these vehicles are clearly so different... that's face it, the ACCORD EURO is much more fancier looking, has newer features and of course has a newer engine... but let us not forget, the V6-L was by far a more luxurious vehicle for it's time... the accord euro now only retails at around $40,000++ driveaway, whereas the 1998 Accord V6-L cost over $50,000++ driveaway... for some reason, the V6-L is smoother on the long-straight roads and just seems so much more comfortable to drive as it handles to well and really packs a kick to driving... the Accord EURO is a bit too small inside, the wheels wooble a bit and what's more... when you drive fast it feels a bit like a sports car and takes our the luxury... I have read somewhere and have heard a lot of people say that the 1998/1998 Honda Accord V6-L is the very best Honda has produced in years and still remains it's best engineered vehicle! Anyone else agree?

hondaskywalker
25-06-2006, 09:33 PM
Friends, I have done a lot of research... and it looks like for what's it's worth and if both vehicles came out the same time... the V6-L kicks butt... read the attached link:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Ao3XUMjzkSNjXCJZN0n8btbzy6IX?qid=200606 24100748AA92U0f

Mr_will
25-06-2006, 09:35 PM
youre getting pretty obsessed dude...

yfin
25-06-2006, 09:38 PM
the wheels wooble a bit
:confused: Are you driving a Euro or a Lada? You should get that checked out.

1998/1998 Honda Accord V6-L is the very best Honda has produced in years and still remains it's best engineered vehicle! Anyone else agree?
I like Accords and the Euro but can't agree any Accord model is Hondas best engineered vehicle. That feat would have to go to the s2000 or the NSX-or at least something sporting the Type R badge.

ps-who on earth gave this thread a 5 star rating. lol.

EuroDude
25-06-2006, 10:23 PM
Dude I think you should give your wife the V6-L and drive the Euro yourself for a week and get used to the Euro.

With my Civic that I drove for many years, going straight to the Euro was quite foreign, but now since I drive the Euro all the time and had a chance to get used to it, the Civic is now foreign for me to drive. I actually had difficulty changing the gears and steering the Civic.

If you drive the Euro for a while, I can assure you you will find that its a great car and value its features. You need to get used to a car before passing judgment :)

EuroAccord13
25-06-2006, 10:31 PM
The bottomline of this discussion is....

Each to their own opinions so just let it be... :D

Chris_F
25-06-2006, 11:12 PM
haha i've never seen so much love for the V6-L. Just give your euro to me i wouldnt mind a spare :angel:

kam
25-06-2006, 11:58 PM
my 1988 toyota cressida is THE BEST car ive ever been in

pure pimp. just so comfortable to be in. older cars have so much charactare to them
new cars are all just cold cheap plastic bits, with no feel to them at all

hondaskywalker
26-06-2006, 12:20 AM
haha i've never seen so much love for the V6-L. Just give your euro to me i wouldnt mind a spare :angel:

Hi Chris, after reading this reply I fell of my arm-chair and hit my head on the floor laughing.... you're so funny man...

Seriously, the V6-L is just so good, so comfortable to drive in... to show how insane I am, just after 4 weeks of purchasing the Honda Accord Euro, I might just put it back onto the market... that's how much difference I see... the V6-L is just way way better in all aspects besides look... however, the V6-L is very good-looking too you know! hi hi hi :cool:

Sky

yfin
26-06-2006, 12:23 AM
give us some pics man. Share the love of your car hehe :D

hondaskywalker
26-06-2006, 12:23 AM
my 1988 toyota cressida is THE BEST car ive ever been in

pure pimp. just so comfortable to be in. older cars have so much charactare to them
new cars are all just cold cheap plastic bits, with no feel to them at all

Well in some ways you are right my friend... newer cars now-a-days are way too stockly and blocky... seriously peoples, look inside an old 1998-1998 Accord, prelude or even Civic and you can find the difference from the newer models nowadays... nowadays, it's all about looks outside and everything inside is mainly plastic... just look at a top-notch, well-maintained 98 Accord V6-L - after 8+ years, you still can sell it for around $17,000 on a good day... mate, they keep their value heaps better than say a Ford or a Toyota can... look at newer cars...say a 2003 Honda Accord, just after 3 years, you'll be lucky to get $22,000 for it after buying it for nearly double the price... see what I mean guys, newer cars nowadays just don't cut it!

YES - my love for my 1998 Honda Accord V6-L is paramount!

hondaskywalker
26-06-2006, 12:34 AM
give us some pics man. Share the love of your car hehe :D

You betcha, I love my car heaps and think the 1998 Honda Accord is the best in its range forever... when it gets older, I will recondition it and will continue using it forever!!

No worries, pictures will come....

READ HERE TO SEE HOW GOOD and how much effort was put into the magnificient 1998 HONDA ACCORD V6-L...

http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/!aol_content.research_specs?vehicle_code=19980701. 17:15:12&sort_type=&current_rec=17&make_name=HONDA&model_name=ACCORD

hondaskywalker
26-06-2006, 12:43 AM
Read here and you will understand why I am so crazy about my vehicle:

http://autoweb.drive.com.au/cms/A_50232/newsarticle.html

Some extracts:

THE 1998 Honda Accord gains a powerful V6 engine and all-new platform under the most thorough re-design of one of Honda's most popular car lines in its 22-year history.

The Accord V6 and V6-L models get the all-new 3.0-litre, 24-valve, SOHO VTEC V6 featuring class-leading performance from 147 kW of power and 265 Nm of torque. Like its four-cylinder counterpart, the 60-degree V6 is exceptionally smooth.

The Accord's new chassis features a new five-link double-wishbone rear suspension and a redesigned double-wishbone front suspension, combined with innovative front and rear sub frames that yield a high degree of isolation from vibration and precise, stable handling.

Honda Australia Senior Director Neal Robertson said the new Honda Accord was set to continue Accord's leadership in the Australia prestige car market.

"We have every confidence that the new Accord has what it takes to remain No. 1 in the Australian prestige market." - Honda Australia CEO

MAJOR FEATURES

Accord V6-LUXURY

2.3-litre SOHC 16-valve VTEC 4 cyl. engine producing 110 kW \@ 5700 rpm.
5-speed manual transmission or optional 4-speed Grade Logic Control automatic.
4-wheel double-wishbone suspension.
Torque-sensitive variable power assisted steering.
ABS four-wheel disc brakes.
Dual SRS airbags.
Air-conditioning.
Cruise control.
8 km/h bumpers.
Moquette trim.
Central locking.
Power windows.
Electric mirrors.
AM/FM radio cassette with four speakers.
Tilt-adjustable steering.
Height-adjustable driver's seat.
Driver's footrest.
Fold-down rear seat with pass through and centre armrest.
Body-coloured bumpers, mirrors and protective side mouldings.
Remote fuel lid release.
195/65 R15 91V tyres.
Metallic paint.

3.0-litre SOHC 24-valve VTEC V6 producing 147 kW at 5500 rpm.
Grade Logic Control automatic transmission as standard.
Dual exhausts.
Alloy wheels.
205/65 R15 94V tyres.
Keyless central locking.
6-speaker stereo.
Power height adjustable driver's seat.
Passenger side vanity mirror light.

Leather trim.
Electric sunroof.
Climate control air-conditioning.
Woodgrain console.
6-speaker stereo.
8-way adjustable power driver's seat.
Auto off headlamps with 15-second delay.
Sunglasses holder in headliner.

yfin
26-06-2006, 03:15 AM
Read here and you will understand why I am so crazy about my vehicle:

http://autoweb.drive.com.au/cms/A_50232/newsarticle.html

Nice work young skywalker. I am feeling the love.

BiLL|z0r
26-06-2006, 08:49 AM
I don't mean to nit pick but I feel I had to make some comments back as maybe you're thinking the Euro is a car it isn't.

... the V6-L was by far a more luxurious vehicle for it's time... the accord euro now only retails at around $40,000++ driveaway, whereas the 1998 Accord V6-L cost over $50,000++ driveaway...

That proves nothing except you get more for your money. Also consider when GST came in the cost of new cars dropped as sales tax on new cars was much higher than 10% :)

for some reason, the V6-L is smoother on the long-straight roads and just seems so much more comfortable to drive as it handles to well and really packs a kick to driving...
I've driven the 2003 V6 Accord Lux and yes it was somewhat smoother but only maybe 5% more than the Euro and this is only due to the stiffer suspension of the Euro. Luxury cars like your Accord are always smoother than cars with a more sportier feel. That's why Aust Honda have 2 Accords for our market. 1 for sports and 1 for pure comfort.

... the Accord EURO is a bit too small inside
It's a different sized car. A Focus is smaller than a Falcon. Did you not sit in the car when you bought it?

... the wheels wooble a bit
You should get that looked at. Also note the Euro steering is heavier than the Accord so you feel more bumps. I like it like that cause I feel like I've driving it. The current Accord V6 has very light steering.

... when you drive fast it feels a bit like a sports car and takes out the luxury
That's why most of us bought 1.

It seems to me that you should have bought a current V6 Accord Luxury. They are more aimed at the luxury market and provide that posh car status that people like that buy them.

Me: I bought me Euro because it has most of the things you don't like.

SiReal
26-06-2006, 09:02 AM
simple question: hows your gearbox btw?

IS250
26-06-2006, 10:22 AM

hehe, neither have I. The V6L is a great car, I comtemplated getting one last year. Though I can't agree that its the best car Honda has ever made. Not to mention it was somewhat of a sales flop. The leather does seem to be of a much higher quality than the Euro Luxury though.

Skywalker, it does seem as if you bought the wrong Accord. Did you even look at the Accord V6? Because that would've been a better fit for you; big, V6 power, comfortable, smooth, light steering, almost $50,000...

Tobster
26-06-2006, 10:26 AM
This has become a really long thread!

My 2 cents: each to their own. Different people like different things in a car -- it doesn't necessarily make one better.

My personal answer: I would never own a V6-L because I don't like automatics!

As someone said earlier, the V6-L is more closely related to the other wide-body Accord: both were designed primarily with the US market in mind -- what a lot of motoring journalism has described as "boulevard cruisers". In fact, you'll also find a lot or motoring journalism describe the 6th gen as "bland" (don't have a direct reference -- do a search on http://www.drive.com.au).

Yes, the Euro is smaller inside -- it was designed to be more of a sports sedan, and you would assume than when you're punting a car hard, you'd want it to behave more like a sports car than a luxury car so that you get feedback both from the chassis and the road.

Don't get me wrong -- I'm not a one-eyed Euro die-hard (thgey're not a perfect car, but is anything?) and I can't say I've driven a V6-L: I'm just recounting what I've read.

I do love my Euro though, because it works for me...

EuroDude
26-06-2006, 10:35 AM
I'm sure if he drives the Euro for two weeks, his wife will never see it again ;)

Dray_Templar
26-06-2006, 11:09 AM
Just got my 1998, Honda Accord V6-L VTEC on friday, and i loves it. defiantly imo one of the nicest cars to drive.

SiReal
26-06-2006, 11:39 AM
I didn't get the V6-L but I got the VTi-L. no sunroof but still have everything else. i want a sunroof bad.

They are nice cars but I hate the gearbox. such a b1atch. And when lowered, u get alot of issues (clunking, ticking, all sorts of weird sounds)

msnealo
26-06-2006, 02:06 PM
You simply cannot compare these two cars! The fact they both have the name Accord means nothing, they are two different beasts.

Dray_Templar
26-06-2006, 02:30 PM
from what i have read here, seems you pretty much right, msnealo. seems to be if you want sporty ride go the euro, if ya want a cruising ride go the accord.

I looked at 2 doors, and integras and ludes, love the looks of them. but apart from being alilltle small for me, and the Accord V6-L was bas about 6-7k cheaper.

anyway's if you just want a nice cruising ride, love the 98 Accord V6-L.

vtec_jet
26-06-2006, 03:55 PM
will have to definetly agree with that after all that reading ^^^

hondaskywalker
26-06-2006, 07:17 PM
Just got my 1998, Honda Accord V6-L VTEC on friday, and i loves it. defiantly imo one of the nicest cars to drive.

To be honest, my 2006 Honda Accord is the top-notch type... I chose every option under the sun... but we gotta remember, we gotta put them in the same time-frame, same release date and the same catergory...

Dray - you made the right move buying the 1998 V6-L... the look will never be out-dated, and if you maintain it well... boy, this car beats any luxury vehicle around... I love it from head to toe...

EVeryone - thanks for the support you've shown this thread...

Sky

aaronng
27-06-2006, 02:31 AM
As a luxury car for highway travel, I have no doubt your 98 V6-L whips the Accord Euro around and upside down. I just drove 1200km over the weekend, 1000km of those on the highway and 200km in the mountains up to the snowfields. I have to say, the Euro is noisy and harsh on the freeway. Any road imperfection is transferred into the cabin. It was so loud that conversation had to be louder and the radio was up 3 notches just to hear the lyrics. Yes, this was with the engine at only 2600rpm...

But once I got into the mountains, it was superb. Handling was great. I'm not talking about straight line, slow down to 30km/h to turn at the intersection type stuff. I'm talking 100km/h speed limited roads with advisory signs telling you to take the corner at 35km/h. The car did not disappoint at all, even with the -1 ºC temperature producing a frosty road and snow on the side. I didn't once manage to engage the traction control nor the VSA. That's how good the stock Euro chassis is when in smooth flowing corners. When in sharp corners though..... it's a different story. But you'll never see high speeds in the sharp corners except on the track.

xtercii
27-06-2006, 09:40 AM
these cars are purely and simply family cars, they are too boring to cruise around, too soft for a spirited drive. Technically there is nothing amazing, equipment wise there is nothing innovating, and I think honda will be shamed to death if that car is crowned as their best car ever.

Dray_Templar
27-06-2006, 09:56 AM
thanks you for your opinion xtercii. It's good to hear the opposite side somtimes.nice to no my car is and aways will be a family car :P

we will see my friend, we will see.

xtercii
27-06-2006, 10:05 AM
I am sorry but I am just saying the truth from my heart, it serves the purpose well and it probably beats every other jap competitor during its era, but I just don't see which criteria would make it standout so much.

Dray_Templar
27-06-2006, 10:17 AM
xtercii, no need to be sorry mate. thats why we use the forum, to listen to other peoples opinions, and advice.

SiReal
27-06-2006, 10:28 AM
They are nice cars but are by no means the best honda car ever made i think. Some of the earlier model Japanese made honda cars are superior in build quality and defect clearance, as opposed to the stuff we get from thailand (which is still excellent - but designed by buffoons from the states?). I would definately vouch for the EG-EK civic range as being some of the best, as well as the DC range integras and the CD range accords.

pilotb777_300
27-06-2006, 10:55 AM
When I sold my bemma 1.5 years ago, I looked at a few different Honda's to buy. I was very close at buying a 2000 V6-L which I thought was excellent value for money and has just about every option under the sun ! The thing that changed my mind was when my dad came to look at the car with me once and totally loved it ! hes 63 years old and said its the smoothest ride hed expereinced for a while and heaps of space to put the rest of the family in the back. Now I'm 25 years old and I realised thats not what I wanted from a car. I wanted something classy yet sporty and under 28K. I looked for months at every make and model car including german types and the only one that fit that catagory was the honda Euro. It had the best balance of class, sportiness, power, comfort, looks and most importantly at a very reasonable price.I stuck some rims on it and lowered it a touch and it looks even sportier now. I often think about seling it before It starts to get old, but everytime I think of what else to buy I hit a brick wall. I honoustly cannot think of a better car to buy at that price.
ohh and resale value, honda skywalker mentions 22K after 3 years... I've just looked up carsales.com.au and the average price is around 25-28 K for a 2003 euro Standard 6SMT with average KM. I think ud be hard pressed to find a car hold its value better than that ( besides some high end german makes).

I still admit though the V6-L is an awsome car... just not for me...

h22a accord
27-06-2006, 02:58 PM
go the CD accords :)

hondaskywalker
27-06-2006, 07:26 PM
guys just face it... the 1998 accord v6-L stands out!

Dray_Templar
28-06-2006, 08:51 AM
Yes, Yes it does :)

Mr_will
28-06-2006, 09:51 AM
my Wife is saying that I am dreaming and am too attached to my first car

i think your wife is right

thatdbeme
28-06-2006, 10:37 AM
I have a 2000 Accord V6L and i really love it aswell... it definately makes me wanna move to a newer model of the V6 next time i trade up.

One thing i think honda should consider is bringing the Acura TL 3.2 V6 here to sit between the Accords and the Legend that is on its way. with 258 hp and a 6 speed auto or manual it would edge the Accord V6 in performance and appeal to people who like the euro styling... i guess i dont know if they make a RHD version though...

razaman
28-06-2006, 04:53 PM
i guess i dont know if they make a RHD version though...
Not currently. Rumours are that Japan might get it. The latest inspire in japan is the aussie/nz/usa accord V6, it's rumoured it would be badged the saber or vigour.

I love the TL/inspire/saber. I hope to have a 2nd gen (2000/2001) in a few months. I've even seen a type-s for sale in NZ - 265hp.:thumbsup:

Raz

razaman
28-06-2006, 04:59 PM
The thing that changed my mind was when my dad came to look at the car with me once and totally loved it ! hes 63 years old...
hahaha, you should have made it look like this!

http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/11/141rl.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/884/70iq.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Raz

Dray_Templar
28-06-2006, 05:20 PM
damn razaman thats the shit what i wanna do to mine only want mine to look better :P

thanks for some more insperation

hondaskywalker
28-06-2006, 05:33 PM
You know what guys - cars like the 1998, 1999 and 2000 Honda Accord V6-L's after modded looks groice - it's the shape and stuff... whereas if you mod a newer Accord, they look like a Spaceship - really wierd looking and it doesn't feel as nice... agree?

Guys, I have just checked with some other 1998 V6-L owners and they agree, the V6-L is way too cool to ever say... rather keep for another day or something... damn too good!

hondaskywalker
29-06-2006, 12:26 PM
hahaha, you should have made it look like this!

http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/884/70iq.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Raz

Love those wheels...please tell me where to get them!!

razaman
29-06-2006, 12:36 PM
Love those wheels...please tell me where to get them!!

OZ Racing Superleggera

http://www.wheelspecs.com/specs/wheelmodels/289

Raz

msnealo
29-06-2006, 01:44 PM
http://www.autosportz.com/body_kits/tsx/ks_ss.jpg

I can't remember hondaskywalker......which one is it again that "looks like a spaceship"

Dray_Templar
29-06-2006, 02:16 PM
I'm guessing the one that floating in mid air with no road under it :P with all the light glowing from it..

msnealo
29-06-2006, 03:55 PM
I'm guessing the one that floating in mid air with no road under it :P with all the light glowing from it..

I was trying to be sarcastic:rolleyes: but when you look at it that photo of the Euro really does look like a space ship flying. I guess it back fired.

Dray_Templar
29-06-2006, 04:40 PM
mate if i had the money i would probable get a spaceship :P they still look damn nice.

oh and sorry i ripped you sarcastic commet to pieces i was borred, and it seemed funny at the time.

DOHCVTEC
29-06-2006, 06:22 PM
Guys,

Thanks,

I have both cars 1998 and 2006, the 2006 Euro has far better handling.

The turn in with the euro is much sharper, with better mid corner speed. You can also adjust the car's behaviour instantanously through the throttle - a little lift off and the rear will slide to tighten up the cornering line.

The 1998 accord respond slower to ur inputs, the chassis waits a bit b4 it turns in.

Sure, the 1998's engine might be more relaxed cos it has fatter torque down at the low revs, but you have to bear in mind that the euro's engine is designed to be rev hard. i.e. you have to rev it up past 5000rpm to get the best out of it, just like any NA sports car engine.

I don't know about reliability, since i just got the MY06 model recently. However, the 1998 never had any problems (other than failing CD player, failing central locking system which are minor problems).

DOHCVTEC
29-06-2006, 06:22 PM
Guys,

Thanks,

The turn in with the euro is much sharper, with better mid corner speed. You can also adjust the car's behaviour instantanously through the throttle - a little lift off and the rear will slide to tighten up the cornering line.

The 1998 accord respond slower to ur inputs, the chassis waits a bit b4 it turns in.

Sure, the 1998's engine might be more relaxed cos it has fatter torque down at the low revs, but you have to bear in mind that the euro's engine is designed to be rev hard. i.e. you have to rev it up past 5000rpm to get the best out of it, just like any NA sports car engine.

I don't know about reliability, since i just got the MY06 model recently. However, the 1998 never had any problems (other than failing CD player, failing central locking system which are minor problems).

hondaskywalker
30-06-2006, 05:57 PM

I guess you do have a point... I mean....

they are indeed two calls...however, if you separate the two cars apart and think of them as having just been released at the same time... surely, the 1998 Honda Accord sure does kick a bolt!

stephen8512
01-07-2006, 07:03 PM
i'd like to have my input in this topic if i may :D
today, my friend came and drove me home as I had a big night the night before and when i woke up i still felt tipsy (yeah i had a shitload to drink). His car is a BB6 5th gen prelude but atm its at the panelbeaters as his front bumper and his bonnet is sorta crunched.
in the meantime, he is driving his parent's 1998 accord V6. Its not the V6-L but the 50th anniversay edition or something?

anyway, i think i can now understand where hondaskywalker is coming from. the car is dead quiet and for a 1998 model, its a very comfortable ride. it has a very linear power delivery (no neck snap) and it has a quite a bit of torque down low i felt.

headunit still retains the honda tapedeck which is a bit disappointing seeing as how even our 1998 camry back then had a CD player from factory.

the passenger side glovebox sorta looks like the mark IV supra's glovebox position. sticks out like a sore thumb. woulda been better if that part of the dash was just smooth like the euro.

the drive and comfort of this car, i was very surprised and impressed. the car seems to just glide on the blacktop whereas with the euro it is a little more sluggish IMO. like i said before, its a very quiet and comfortable ride. I asked him if he had any engine problems or failures and he said there hasnt been any. regular service intervals from honda every 10K kms and seeing as how this particular car has done 100,000km +, i can say that the accord V6 is very worthy of competing with the big boys eg beamer, merc etc.

coladuna
01-07-2006, 11:44 PM
Although most of you are going down the path of "Accord V6-L was a nice car but Euro is better" route, I beg to differ.
Accord V6-L was way too soft, looks too conservative and also had terrible resale value as it was very unpopular.
I don't know how anybody can think Euro is inferior unless you are really old and have absolutely no concept of what makes a car handle better.
From the way you're phrasing your opinion, I seriously doubt you have much technical knowledge and you are solely basing your opinion on the fact that it's quiet and smooth which mainly comes from the fact that Accord V6-L had a very lousy, soft suspension that makes the car devoid of any feel at all.

the V6-L was by far a more luxurious vehicle for it's time... the accord euro now only retails at around $40,000++ driveaway, whereas the 1998 Accord V6-L cost over $50,000++ driveaway...

Euro is only cheaper than your Accord because Honda had a real trouble selling their cars in Australia because it was way too expensive. Prior to the introduction of the Euro, Honda's sales mainly consisted of Civics. The have since then reduced the price of their entire range to make the brand a lot more affordable.

the wheels wooble a bit and what's more... when you drive fast it feels a bit like a sports car and takes our the luxury...

WTF? Nobody gets what you are trying to say here.

just look at a top-notch, well-maintained 98 Accord V6-L - after 8+ years, you still can sell it for around $17,000 on a good day... mate, they keep their value heaps better than say a Ford or a Toyota can.

Who says? You? 2000 year Accord V6-L cost more than $50,000 when brand new, but you'll be lucky to fetch $18,000. Hardly a great resale value if you ask me. it's not surprising considering how unpopular they were.

guys just face it... the 1998 accord v6-L stands out!

In what way? To me, it's the most boring car ever and everytime I look at the car, all I think of is "granny car"

they are indeed two calls...however, if you separate the two cars apart and think of them as having just been released at the same time... surely, the 1998 Honda Accord sure does kick a bolt!

What are you on about? If both cars were released back in the 90's the Euro would've made headlines everywhere because it's too advanced for its time. If Accord V6 was released now, no one will even look at it because it's inferior to anything that's on the market. Therefore, if we think of them as having been released at the same time, Accord Euro is superior in every way still.

Omotesando
01-07-2006, 11:49 PM
I've always loved that 1998 Accord. Its just a really great car that caters for the occasions.

If my Euro Accord has 5 cylinders, it'll be one of the best cars in the world (which it already is). May be an LSD or at least ATTS would be nice. It'll be perfect actually.

yfin
01-07-2006, 11:53 PM
I've always loved that 1998 Accord. Its just a really great car that caters for the occasions.

Exactly, especially for those trips to the local lawn bowls club... (joke people - don't take things too seriously). :D

amato2
02-07-2006, 01:17 AM
i have been reading this thread for a while and i now am deciding to put in my little bit...being a proud V6L owner i am more biased to it....but the euro is still a great car..

i say that both cars are as good as each other "for what they are designed to be and do".....

V6L - obviously luxury plush ride...quiet...
Euro - obviously sports mid sized sedan....

honda designed these cars with two different intensions..so u cant say that one is better than the other....because simply they where designed for different reasons.....one thing is comparable they both do what there designed to do in typical Honda style.

vtec_jet
02-07-2006, 01:17 AM
Exactly, especially for those trips to the local lawn bowls club... (joke people - don't take things too seriously). :D

LOL ... im gona find out which lawn bowl club you go to and egg you..

hondaskywalker
02-07-2006, 01:38 AM
Okay guys - firstly, hanks for the huge support that everyone has shown this thread... I know it sounds corny and kinda wierd for someone like me to pin a 1998 accord against a 2006 mode that's obviously 8-9 years younger, more advanced and surely looks much more fashionable...however, allow me to convey the following... the follow is perhaps a definitive suggestion why I feel the 1998 Honda V6-L is really worth a re-think...

Look people, just because something is newer, doesn't mean it's always necessarily better and efficient etc... look around you, although unfortunately this seems to be the trend of perception, let us reset out mind and be fair...here are some differing examples...

1. Look at Windows 98 Second Edition - damn, it is surely Microsoft's best, more reliable and by far the most stable release of a operating system compared to all the latest releases like Windows ME, Windows XP and the soon-to-be released Windows VISTA NET or something... Windows 98 obviously looks more boring, has less features and one could say it is less attractive visually...but guys, lift the hood up and you will notice the difference for games, the 98 version rocks as it displays more sprites and pixels on screen, loads far quicker than other versions of windows and what's more crashes fair less and has less bugs to say the least...it's one damn good version of Windows yet it is so old...

2. Computer monitors, the 1996 17" released Sony SF Trinitron Monitor rocks...displays the most dpi on screen, long-lasting and is excellent for games and movies...where as with the new flatscreens...yeah sure, they look better, more trendy and are most expensive and so on... but a shyte load of them stuff up within the first 2 years of use and nearly none of them last longer than 5 years without lessing clarity...for those that have a Sony SF - mate, I still got mine and it still has not stuffed up even once!

Now, the above are just some comparative examples for different things from other contexts...however, now back to the 1998 Honda Accord - yeah sure, it's older, it looks less trendy and perhaps ... yeah sure, it has less state-of-the-art features like the new Accords today...however, for your information, Honda has recalled far more vehicles in the last 4 years then it has in the past...come on bros, designed in a different country, engineered in Japan and the put together by people in the sweatshops in Thailand? Enough said...whereas with the 1998-2000 Honda Accords, it was soley designed in Japan, engineered in Japan, partially put together in Japan and the rest completed in Ohia USA...the 1998 Honda V6-L was designed for the American "prestige market." Guys, vehicles now-a-days have lost their prestige look... reason is because most people cannot afford them...too much competition in Australia and all manufacturers...not just Honda are now more focused on Quantity (how many vehicles they can sell) and no so much how pleasing these vehicles can have for their drivers...'

Guys, take it from me... I have nothing against anyone that drives a 2006 Honda Euro - damn me, they the bes mid-size sedans in the Australian Market for the mid-range price-tage no doubt... they look hot, so trendy and what's more if you change the rims and mod it up a bit...damn, it's hot...but did you know that most 2006 Euro Accord members have complained about this vehicle non-stop? Blimmey...there's a god-forsaken thread a few positions down from this thread titled "what do you hate about the new Accord Euro" ...read the wall of shame before you post the wall of fame!

I bought the Honda Accord Euro a few months ago and have since sold it...for around $7,000 lesser mind you...why? Because of the following reasons...I didn't do post a few reasons after all as I guess everyone has been baffled for ages why I am so against it...ok, read this...

1. It's suspension is way too stiff (use whatever word you want)...but bloody hell, when you drive it, it feels like you're trying a luxury-tank...way too stiff for a mid-size sedan.

2. When the engine is idle, it shakes and weeps like a kitten out of milk...damn me dead, it drinks far too much petrol and when stationed, it cries too load...

3. Just like a few members have complained already...the Honda Euro is a bit noisy...remember guys, we're comparing a 1998 model against a 2006 model... damn, the 1998 is like a luxury liner cruising along softly whereas the 2006 Accord is like a mini-spaceship that's on Viagra...man, for what it's worth and what it's boasting...I am extremely dissapointed!

Man, the damn 2006 Honda Euro is so dissapointing (remember, for it's youth, boasted features and cost)...

Why you wouldn't:

Lacks effortless, torquey performance of competitor V6 autos
Climate control varies noticeably in temperature
Some throttle jerkiness

Why you wouldn't:

Slight jerkiness when getting on and off the power
Climate control air temp varies too much

Against: Tight rear seat, narrow boot opening, suspension can be tested over sharp bumps.

Guys, personally, if you don't mind a less out-dated look... the V6-L rules!

Man, some of you even posted your complaints here:

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17711

NeoNode
02-07-2006, 03:17 AM
Errr Windows 98 better than XP or the upcoming Vista? You're making comparisons to a product which isn't released until next year? Yet you are overly confident that Windows 98 is the holy grail to every other versions of Windows?
Pixels and sprites, crashes less and more stable?!? Ahaha wtf is going on there?
At least back up what you say with conclusive proof in your Windows and monitor analogies. I find these examples completely false and inaccurate.

Since this isn't a forum about Computers, feel free to start a new thread in the lounge to discuss this matter properly. ;)

And the reason why there's more threads on problems regarding vehicles on forums and less on praises is because it only takes one thread praising the vehicle which can sum up pretty much everything that needs to be said. Surely you don't want a zillion almost near identical threads about the same thing now do you?

With issues regarding these vehicles, people post them up in hoping others who might have experienced similar problems to help out and learn a few things or two in the process. Some are common and can be found using the search function while others are different for each car. Thus you will always get more threads on issues then praises.

Clearly the Accord Euro is not the car for you.
But why didnt you opt for the new Accord V6 Luxury over the Euro, it's definately your avenue by the looks of things.

It's like take for example, you wouldn't buy a BMW M5 over a normal 5 series BMW if your top priority being luxury above all else. As is the case with the Accord Euro and the new Accord, aimed at two different markets, you choosed the wrong one. But research prior to buying would have told you that.

MoonSha
02-07-2006, 04:33 AM
Am the only one thinking that in a few posts/pages we'll see a "Oh and also this great car is up for sale here LINK".

What you said about Win98 and old SF monitors, holyshit you got it wrong.

stephen8512
02-07-2006, 06:38 AM
just outta curiosity, how old are you? 30? 35? 40?

msnealo
02-07-2006, 07:23 AM
Man Hondaskywalker you are so off the mark, I mean man one minute you lost $6000 selling the Euro and then man you lost $7000, wow man. And another thing man is you say the Euro looks like a spaceship man and then in your last post you said that it looks hot. What's the story man.

Your comparison's man are correct, thay back up who you are. If you don't want to move forward in the world then don't. If what you have is already the best, as in your windows 98 runs great on your Sony screen then stick with it. Sound's to me like your stuck in 1998.

How's that cardigan you bought back in 1998, they don't make them like that any more do they?

coladuna
02-07-2006, 06:18 PM

I was wondering about the same thing.
For someone to love the old Accord V6 so much, he has to be quite old, but the way he phrases his opinion makes me think he's a teenager making up stories. Now I don't even know whether he really owned a Euro or not even though he claims to have.

albii
02-07-2006, 06:45 PM
Hi Chris, after reading this reply I fell of my arm-chair and hit my head on the floor laughing.... you're so funny man...

Seriously, the V6-L is just so good, so comfortable to drive in... to show how insane I am, just after 4 weeks of purchasing the Honda Accord Euro, I might just put it back onto the market... that's how much difference I see... the V6-L is just way way better in all aspects besides look... however, the V6-L is very good-looking too you know! hi hi hi :cool:

Sky
hey i got an idea.....why don't you just rape your v6-L....jesus christ...

oh and yes iam going to sell my euro too and get a v6-L tomorrow.
:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

albii
02-07-2006, 06:52 PM
can no one else see that these toolbuckets are all shitstirring newcomers..
all friends and obviously from the subaru forums again.....

stephen8512
02-07-2006, 06:53 PM
LOL @ albii
was about to say something along those lines but guess u beat me to it
hondaskywalker, u seem to like the older cars, saying that theyre better and that not all things newer are necessarily better.
if you use this logic of urs then, would you purchase, say, a mercedes or a beemer which was made back in 1995 or something compared to the current one?

EuroDude
02-07-2006, 07:07 PM
Someone should start a thread called "What do you hate about your V6-L" and see where that goes. ;)

Skywalker you should have bought the V6 Accord, not the Euro.
In fact the euro shouldnt have been called an Accord since its a mixture of the Preludes and Accords. Comparing a V6-L to the Euro is not a fair comparison especially from someone has driven a conservative V6-L and dislikes sporty cars.

razaman
02-07-2006, 07:14 PM
In fact the euro shouldnt have been called an Accord since its a mixture of the Preludes and Accords.

Perhaps it should be the other way around that the V6 accord should be called something else?

Raz

BiLL|z0r
02-07-2006, 07:40 PM
I was thinking either a teeny troll or genuine 50+ yo.

Who seriously thinks 98 was stable? I work in IT and 98 sucked + those trinitron picture tubes suck. "Our Sony monitors are so great". NNNOOOTTTT. There are 2 or 3 obviously lines through every Trinitron tube because of a design "feature". That's not quality, that's lack of research, something you should have done before buying the Euro. Hint for next car purchase: actually drive the thing before buying, might save you some crying and money.

Chris_F
02-07-2006, 07:59 PM
un-subscribed

BRU51N
02-07-2006, 08:02 PM
i used to own a honda accord v6L, they are awesome as, never had a problem, except for engine mounts, gearbox mounts, cracked sump, new exhaust, and a shit load of tyres.. (only because my car was lowered 4"-4.5")

having said that.. the suspension and ride was soooper smooth even at that height. til this date, i still have never sat in such a comfy lowered/decked out car before. even a totally dropped merc c-class merc doesnt compare with the ride quality of the v6L

yfin
02-07-2006, 09:08 PM
however, for your information, Honda has recalled far more vehicles in the last 4 years then it has in the past...come on bros, designed in a different country, engineered in Japan and the put together by people in the sweatshops in Thailand? Enough said...whereas with the 1998-2000 Honda Accords, it was soley designed in Japan, engineered in Japan, partially put together in Japan and the rest completed in Ohia USA...the 1998 Honda V6-L was designed for the American "prestige market." Guys, vehicles now-a-days have lost their prestige look... reason is because most people cannot afford them...too much competition in Australia and all manufacturers...not just Honda are now more focused on Quantity (how many vehicles they can sell) and no so much how pleasing these vehicles can have for their drivers...'

Such a real mid 90s sentiment to your posts! Windows 98, 1996 Sony monitors, 98 Accords! You are living in the past man - let me guess - this photo below is your favourite mobile phone of all time.

http://www.audiogold.co.uk/catalogue/images/BT%20Brick.jpg

Back to your post - the Euro is built in Japan, not in Thailand. I thought that was made clear earlier.

Also I fail to see any point in your claims about recalls (which are safety related - not necessarily related to reliability).

Mr_will
02-07-2006, 09:27 PM
this photo below is your favourite mobile phone of all time.

http://www.audiogold.co.uk/catalogue/images/BT%20Brick.jpg

baaaahahahahaha

EuroDude
02-07-2006, 09:44 PM
rofl nice one yfin :D

Omotesando
02-07-2006, 10:08 PM
yeah top post of the week kekeke... :)

hondaskywalker
03-07-2006, 02:41 AM
i used to own a honda accord v6L, they are awesome as, never had a problem, except for engine mounts, gearbox mounts, cracked sump, new exhaust, and a shit load of tyres.. (only because my car was lowered 4"-4.5")

having said that.. the suspension and ride was soooper smooth even at that height. til this date, i still have never sat in such a comfy lowered/decked out car before. even a totally dropped merc c-class merc doesnt compare with the ride quality of the v6L

Thanks Bru5in for your sentiment to my thread... as I said many times before... newer does not mean better... the reason why I compare the V6-L to the Accord Euro? Simply because it is the top of the range Accord for Honda now-a-days...back then, the V6-L surely was...

That's right my friend Bru5in, the V6-L is a top of the class vehicle... very comfortable but yet looks very elegant...a bunch of people here thinks newer is better... ok.. for those that have just bought the latest Euros...newsflash, in around 8 months your Accord is old shyte too... so you better scrap it and buy the 2007 Accord...hummmbbuugg!

A majority of past and present V6-L owners have agreed that this vehicle is top-class...therefore I guess the answer to my thread is clear YES YES YES!!!

Regards,

Sky

NeoNode
03-07-2006, 02:56 AM
Thanks Bru5in for your sentiment to my thread... as I said many times before... newer does not mean better... the reason why I compare the V6-L to the Accord Euro? Simply because it is the top of the range Accord for Honda now-a-days...back then, the V6-L surely was...

That's right my friend Bru5in, the V6-L is a top of the class vehicle... very comfortable but yet looks very elegant...a bunch of people here thinks newer is better... ok.. for those that have just bought the latest Euros...newsflash, in around 8 months your Accord is old shyte too... so you better scrap it and buy the 2007 Accord...hummmbbuugg!

A majority of past and present V6-L owners have agreed that this vehicle is top-class...therefore I guess the answer to my thread is clear YES YES YES!!!

Regards,

Sky
And as you said before with your computer analogies, you got the facts wrong, so what have you proven? Absolutely nothing, in regards to newer doesn't mean it's better.

Funny how you completely disregard the NEW Accord V6 that is it's direct competitor, not the Euro.
Just because the Euro costs more money doesn't mean it's the direct competitor to your old Accord V6-L that goes to the NEW Accord V6 Luxury, not the Euro.

Keep turning a blind eye because you're digging a bigger grave for yourself here.

coladuna
03-07-2006, 08:44 AM
He probably doesn't even own either of the vehicles.
I mean, it's more than obvioius he's just a teenager who's got nothing else to do than post rubbish on internet forums. You can tell by how he cannot construct a single proper sentence without the excessive use of a trail of full-stop.Everything about him reeks of a stupid teenager with serious acne problems.

msnealo
03-07-2006, 09:04 AM
Totally agree Coladuna

And hasn't he sucked us all in. Speaking for myself I can't believe I've given him the time of day. From now on it's:zip:

IS250
03-07-2006, 09:51 AM

Regards,

Sky

Stop comparing the V6-L to the Euro when there is a V6 Accord on the market. It shows that you have no idea what you're talking about.

Hell, the V6-L isn't even better than the Verada Xi let alone the current V6 Accord or Euro!

razaman
03-07-2006, 10:53 AM
C'mon guys, some of you are starting to get a bit silly as well.

The 6th gen accord came in 4cyl and 6cyl. Are you saying you can only compare the 4 banger to the euro? Even though the V6 has similar output to the euro?

The current V6 accord also comes in a 4cyl, can we compare that one to the euro? If we can then we can also compare the V6 as it's a purchase option.

As for the V6, the J series V6's are very nice engines. They are found in many hondas/acura's and come in a variety of guises. They sound absolutely awesome with a cai or short ram.

The 6th gen accord is similar in size to the euro as well. The 6th gen is slightly longer (not much), similar widths etc.

In fact I'm considering a 6th gen V6 accord (3.0 J30) or 2nd gen V6 Inspire (J32) as my next car purchase - they share the same platform. I didn't like the 6th gen 4 banger and the euro was the same size as my 5th gen accord. Though I really liked the euro.

And I'm not saying that skywalker is correct in all his assumptions (espeically windows 98!).

Raz

hondaskywalker
03-07-2006, 11:11 AM
C'mon guys, some of you are starting to get a bit silly as well.

The 6th gen accord came in 4cyl and 6cyl. Are you saying you can only compare the 4 banger to the euro? Even though the V6 has similar output to the euro?

The current V6 accord also comes in a 4cyl, can we compare that one to the euro? If we can then we can also compare the V6 as it's a purchase option.

As for the V6, the J series V6's are very nice engines. They are found in many hondas/acura's and come in a variety of guises. They sound absolutely awesome with a cai or short ram.

The 6th gen accord is similar in size to the euro as well. The 6th gen is slightly longer (not much), similar widths etc.

In fact I'm considering a 6th gen V6 accord (3.0 J30) or 2nd gen V6 Inspire (J32) as my next car purchase - they share the same platform. I didn't like the 6th gen 4 banger and the euro was the same size as my 5th gen accord. Though I really liked the euro.

And I'm not saying that skywalker is correct in all his assumptions (espeically windows 98!).

Raz

Dear all, look, if you must know... I am a 25 year old Australian-borned Asian... yes, I do own 2 vehicles...and what's more, in my house holds theres actually 4 vehicles... a 1998 Honda Accord V6-L, a 2000 Toyota Tarago, a 1999 Nissan Skyline and a 1995 Honda Accord VTI-S and I used to own the 2006 Honda Accord Euro as well.

Now guys, don't have to call me names just because I am complimenting an older vehicle... 8 years is not a huge gap in cars you know...what's more, this is only my personal opinion - it seems like a lot of people have agreed that the 1998 Honda Accord V6-L does stand out for some obvious reasons... look, to make it fair... the 2006 Honda Accord Euro is a lovely vehicle... but not for everyone and the same can be said for the Honda V6-L... this is just my personal thoughts on the vehicle...I can have my personal opions, right? This is a free democratic society right?

A lot of you out there feel that new is better...this is going off the rail about, but any ever driven a 1997-1998 Honda Prelude? Damn, it's much more smoother, looks better and rides far better than the last 2000 model!

That's it... anyone that believes the 1998 Honda Accord V6-L is amongst ONE OF THE BEST vehicles that Honda has produced thus far - please raise your hand!!

Sky

hondaskywalker
03-07-2006, 11:42 AM
It is with much pleasure that this thread has outnumberd any threads on the front page of this section... it's done this only in a matter of days! WOW

IS250
03-07-2006, 12:03 PM
Dear all, look, if you must know... I am a 25 year old Australian-borned Asian... yes, I do own 2 vehicles...and what's more, in my house holds theres actually 4 vehicles... a 1998 Honda Accord V6-L, a 2000 Toyota Tarago, a 1999 Nissan Skyline and a 1995 Honda Accord VTI-S and I used to own the 2006 Honda Accord Euro as well.

Now guys, don't have to call me names just because I am complimenting an older vehicle... 8 years is not a huge gap in cars you know...what's more, this is only my personal opinion - it seems like a lot of people have agreed that the 1998 Honda Accord V6-L does stand out for some obvious reasons... look, to make it fair... the 2006 Honda Accord Euro is a lovely vehicle... but not for everyone and the same can be said for the Honda V6-L... this is just my personal thoughts on the vehicle...I can have my personal opions, right? This is a free democratic society right?

Of course you're entitled to an opinion, but why do you feel the need to call other peoples' cars shyteboxes as you so eloquently put it?

A lot of you out there feel that new is better...this is going off the rail about, but any ever driven a 1997-1998 Honda Prelude? Damn, it's much more smoother, looks better and rides far better than the last 2000 model!

Please, find me one post that makes the claim that new is definitely better than old. Most people have conceded that the V6-L is in fact a smoother and quieter ride than the Euro. Two different cars for two different purposes, one was made to be a highway cruiser and the other for having fun in the mountains. You're the one who keeps making the reference that because the V6-L costs over $50K, that it is a better car than the Euro when in actual fact it was always seen as being overpriced while even the Euro Luxury is seen as being good value.

That's it... anyone that believes the 1998 Honda Accord V6-L is amongst ONE OF THE BEST vehicles that Honda has produced thus far - please raise your hand!!

Sky

So you've conceded that the V6-L isn't the best Honda?

Mr_will
03-07-2006, 01:35 PM
you said earlier that your wife owns the euro...make up your mind dude.

Mr_will
03-07-2006, 01:39 PM
It is with much pleasure that this thread has outnumberd any threads on the front page of this section... it's done this only in a matter of days! WOW

this is due primarily to your ignorance, and inability to either understand, or acknowledge what the people on this forum are saying.

VTECACCORD
03-07-2006, 01:45 PM
Couldn't be bothered reading 8 pages of posts, just wondering if anyone brought up the chronic V6 Transmission problem that plagued V6 Accords from 1998 till about 2001.

There were major problems with that tranny which would suggest its not the best

coladuna
03-07-2006, 01:50 PM
For god's sake, please stop using a trail of full-stops after each and every sentence. It's very obvious from what you have posted that you have absolutely no knowledge about cars. Therefore, all you can come up with is purely subjective opinions, which I might add, are totally inaccurate at the same time. I don't care if you think Accord V6 is a great looking car because what's attractive to you may not be attractive to me. However, I have a huge problem when you start pulling crap out of your hind-side and claim that Accord V6 is better handling, Euro's wheel wobbles and other numerous gibberish you posted here.

I for one don't think Euro is a perfect car, which is why it made its way to a WRX. The throttle is way too touchy and sensitive, which makes it very unpleasant to drive around the car park. There were some annoying rattles, my suspension bolt came loose once and started making knocking noise and some other minor stuff I cannot remember.
However, I am 100% sure it's a much more superior car compared to Accord V6.

hondaskywalker
03-07-2006, 01:51 PM
Man you guys are so mean! Can't a guy fall in love with his Accord just because it's older - you guys are "AGES"! LOL

If it makes any of you feel better... sorry, but even if you bash the shyte out of me, I still think the 1998 Honda Accord V6-L is by far the best vehicle Honda has ever created.

hondaskywalker
03-07-2006, 02:09 PM
http://www.motorsm.com/aus/cars/used/image/autoclass/SDR041_s.jpg

Here's the King of Honda vehicles!

Mr_will
03-07-2006, 02:10 PM
that looks shit.

msnealo
03-07-2006, 02:13 PM
[IMG]Here's the King of Honda vehicles!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

You have to be kidding!!!

EuroDude
03-07-2006, 02:13 PM
lol this is all going no where. someone close this thread before things go out of control

LukeSkyWalker obviously prefers the V6-L and thats his opinion. Some people prefer the original VW Beetle over the new one, and thats their opinion. Many of us here prefer the Euro over any other Accord and thats our opinion. There is no use battling over what we all prefer to drive.

EuroDude
03-07-2006, 02:16 PM
No, this is the king of all honda vehicles ;)

http://66.49.200.226/inc/05/bar007.jpg

msnealo
03-07-2006, 02:18 PM
lol this is all going no where. someone close this thread before things go out of control

I've never agreed on closing a thread....until now!

hondaskywalker
03-07-2006, 02:27 PM
I think some of you are bias and I guess I am too... so to conclude everyone for their own... trust me, I can afford to buy any vehicle I want...including a Porche... but look, like I've always said... newer doesn't mean better!!! Remember that...for you bs mf's out there, stop pushing the note that newer is better and stop abusing newcomers to this forum you shyteheads!

msnealo
03-07-2006, 02:30 PM
Can you please provide a quote from anyone who said newer is better?

hondaskywalker
03-07-2006, 02:35 PM
Can you please provide a quote from anyone who said newer is better?

Alright, if it makes anyone feels good... my car and all other peoples cars are shyter and just because your car is new it's way so much better! Happy...

Mate, I can farken buy your car and you.... LOL show-off mf!

msnealo
03-07-2006, 02:41 PM
Alright, if it makes anyone feels good... my car and all other peoples cars are shyter and just because your car is new it's way so much better! Happy...

You just proved my point. No one is having a go at you or your car, it's quite the opposite. No one has said newer is better!

Look if you had the money to own me and my car good luck to you but if that was true you wouldn't be on here spruiking your 98 Honda.

EuroDude
03-07-2006, 02:43 PM
No need for bad language hsw.
closing in 3..2..1..

hondaskywalker
03-07-2006, 02:45 PM
OK guys, I am sorry for losing it... the thing is I have a hot temper...

OK, would everyone agree with the following...

The 1998 Accord V6-L is a very good luxury vehicle...whereas the Honda Accord Euro is more like the Prelude where it's more sportier and made more for speed than comfort hence better handling? Agreed??

Once again, I am sorry if I have offended anyone. I just felt attacked by everyone just because I am new.

Mr_will
03-07-2006, 02:48 PM
I think some of you are bias and I guess I am too... so to conclude everyone for their own... trust me, I can afford to buy any vehicle I want...including a Porche... but look, like I've always said... newer doesn't mean better!!! Remember that...for you bs mf's out there, stop pushing the note that newer is better and stop abusing newcomers to this forum you shyteheads!

man i have ALWAYS wanted a Porche. i hear they are the shiiit

IS250
03-07-2006, 02:53 PM

LOL, this is ridiculous. He must be reading a different thread to us. Either that or he has difficulty with reading comprehension.

This is beginning to remind me of an argument I once had with someone who claimed that his stock '99 Celica was more economical than a Prius, faster than a V8 and as roomy as a Camry. Yes, there are stupid people everywhere.

albii
03-07-2006, 03:03 PM

Sky
is he still here?

SiReal
03-07-2006, 03:07 PM
mate, no one was hurling abuse at you until you said that all cars after 2000 are shyteboxes. it was your own predicament. and that V6 engine accord ONLY cruise? i drive the same car as you except 4cyl, thats all, and u discounted me due to my smaller engine. i didn't care, thats fine.But I wouldn't come here as a newcomer, and diss other Honda cars. I wouldl ove a Euro but I dont have the $$. Tough titties for me, but I don't mind.

Let me say that the V6-L is NOT the greatest car in the world, is NOT the greatest car Honda has made. Honda themselves are the only ones in the position to make that judgement based on sales, customer feedback, safety and all the other criteria they set when mass producing a car. We are only in the position to make biased judgements based on personal opinions.

Just calm down the biased opinions and understand that you may be offending almost ALL of the Accord Euro community as the Accord forum is basically a Euro forum.

As a newcomer, you should've known that coming in under the radar and being subtle is the best way to assimilate, rather than make outrageous statements.

My 2C, but ur still a Honda bro to me and I will treat you as such :)

albii
03-07-2006, 03:12 PM
Now guys, don't have to call me names just because I am complimenting an older vehicle... 8 years is not a huge gap in cars you know
Sky
just these few words are enough for me to know you have absolutly no idea whatsoever.

stephen8512
03-07-2006, 03:13 PM
Man you guys are so mean! Can't a guy fall in love with his Accord just because it's older - you guys are "AGES"! LOL

If it makes any of you feel better... sorry, but even if you bash the shyte out of me, I still think the 1998 Honda Accord V6-L is by far the best vehicle Honda has ever created.

fallling in love? i think u've done more than fall in love here mate. its reached the point of obsession im my eyes and thats never good, esp. when u try and justify ur views to say that this car is the best car honda has created. unless ur a blatent idiot, u mustve realised that that comment would have raised more than just a few pples eyebrows

if u really appreciate cars, why dont u list some cons about ur precious v6-L so we know what negative things you think there is about ur car, seeing as how you had a few with the euro, im sure u can think of a few things for the accord as well.
cuz we've been here listening and reading nothing but ur high praises for this vehicle.
and do post some pictures of ur accord plus other those other cars you have too

hondaskywalker
03-07-2006, 03:18 PM
fallling in love? i think u've done more than fall in love here mate. its reached the point of obsession im my eyes and thats never good, esp. when u try and justify ur views to say that this car is the best car honda has created. unless ur a blatent idiot, u mustve realised that that comment would have raised more than just a few pples eyebrows

if u really appreciate cars, why dont u list some cons about ur precious v6-L so we know what negative things you think there is about ur car, seeing as how you had a few with the euro, im sure u can think of a few things for the accord as well.
cuz we've been here listening and reading nothing but ur high praises for this vehicle.
and do post some pictures of ur accord plus other those other cars you have too

Hi Stephen... fair enough...

Ok, some things that I do not like about my Accord...

1. When it turns, it is a tad noise...

2. The arse bumber is a bit large...

3. Doesn't come with factory foglights...

4. The CD-player that came with the stock is a a no no had to change.

And that's about it!

h22a accord
03-07-2006, 03:31 PM
Hi Stephen... fair enough...

Ok, some things that I do not like about my Accord...

1. When it turns, it is a tad noise...

2. The arse bumber is a bit large...

3. Doesn't come with factory foglights...

4. The CD-player that came with the stock is a a no no had to change.

And that's about it!

I found a few things that people may not like about these accords after a quick search on google.

1998-2002 Honda Accord: Reliability

Trouble Spots

Consumer Guide's® Auto Editors have scoured repair bulletins and questioned mechanics to search for commonly occurring problems for a particular vehicle. In some cases we also give possible manufacturer-suggested solutions. In many instances these trouble spots are Technical Service Bulletins posted by the manufacturer, however, we have our own expert looking at additional vehicle problems.
Automatic transmission: On V6 models, transmissions may fail due to lack of thread-locking compound on nut for low clutch. Honda/Acura has extended warranty on affected vehicles to 7 years or 100,000 miles. (1999-2002)
Brakes: The brake light may not go off. The cause is a saturated float in the master cylinder that should be replaced under warranty or beyond. (1998)
Oil leak: Oil leaks from multiple locations including bolt holes on V6 engines. (1998-2001)
Paint/body: If the car is driven on rough roads, the spoiler on the trunk can rub through the paint unless spacer pads are installed between the spoiler and trunklid. (1998)
Suspension noise: Loose nuts on the rear stabilizer bar cause it to rattle. (1998)
Transmission problems: Automatic transmission problems prompted to company to extend warranty coverage to 7 years/100,000 miles. (2000-02)
Vehicle noise: Noises come from the top of the windshield and rear window because the teeth for the glass fasteners aren't engaged. The teeth must be trimmed and a wool felt installed. (1998) Wheels: Clicking noises from the wheels can be remedied by applying special grease between the wheels and hubs. (1999-2000)

Recall History

1998: Irregularity in transmission cover can allow car to roll down an incline while transmission is in "Park."

1998-99: Worn ignition switch may cause interlock to fail, allowing key to be removed without shifting into "Park."

1999-02: Ignition-switch interlock may not function properly, making it possible to turn key to -off+ position and remove it, without shifting transmission to -Park.+

2000: Airbags may not deploy correctly, due to improper welding.

2000: Rear suspension lower arms and/or control arms could break, due to improper welding.

2000-01: Certain rear seatbelt buckles were improperly manufactured and may be difficult to unfasten after a crash.

2000-01: Dimmer control for instrument panel lights on some cars could fail due to heat build-up, possibly causing instrument lights to fail.

2001: Broken plastic piece of air cleaner box cover could travel into the intake chamber. If the piece lodges in the throttle body, the throttle could stick in a partially open position.

2002 w/V6 engine: Engine will stall if timing belt breaks due to a misaligned tensioner pulley on the water pump.

thanks to consumerguide automotive.

http://auto.consumerguide.com/auto/used/reviews/full/index.cfm/id/2289/

hondaskywalker
03-07-2006, 03:32 PM
And hey... which thread is the most popular in the least number of days... mine! blah blah... hi hi.... ok ok, relax... the Honda Euro is a good vehicle... happy! But I still PERSONALLY think my Honda ACcord V6-L is better in all aspects! ha ha ha.... hey, it's a free world... you guys gotta skin me alive for voicing my personal opinions!

msnealo
03-07-2006, 03:36 PM
And hey... which thread is the most popular in the least number of days... mine! blah blah... hi hi.... ok ok, relax... the Honda Euro is a good vehicle... happy! But I still PERSONALLY think my Honda ACcord V6-L is better in all aspects! ha ha ha.... hey, it's a free world... you guys gotta skin me alive for voicing my personal opinions!

Oh My God!!!! You are too much!!!

SiReal
03-07-2006, 03:39 PM
you can voice! and it is a free world, but as a finance manager of some sort managing people, i would've thought the corporate communication skills would kick in thats all.

hondaskywalker
03-07-2006, 03:53 PM
Hey, most people in Ozhonda knows about me now right? Oh yeah... now I can tone down, hook up a bit, go on some cruises and I'll be popular.... learn from the best baby!

dc2dc2dc2
03-07-2006, 03:54 PM
just coz a thread gets alot of replies...doens't mean its popular.

stephen8512
03-07-2006, 03:54 PM
in reference to this thread...
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46859

I am a noob by all respects to be honest, do not know much about cars, how to fix them and how to mod them...I am more of a conservative person and like 'class', 'prestige' and 'elegance' over 'sports', 'racing' or 'fantasy modifications.
yes, i am willing to call you a noob myself as you dont seem to have driven or experienced many other vehicles to think that your honda is the best car in the universe. also, why did u post pics of a car that LOOKS LIKE yours but not actually urs? do you even have pictures to show?

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46558

OK here's my latest extreme thought... even if you give me a BMW 2 series plus the latest HONDA - I still wouldn't trade in my 1998 V6-L as it's the best Honda has made so far for the family-luxury series!!
like i said....noob. (im not hatin just cuz ur a noob. i just dont like ignorant noobs and ur starting to fall into that category) and im sure theres no such thing as a BMW 2 series

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46327

Remember peoples, it's not the age or release of a car that makes it better ... just look inside a 98 V6-L and the new-spunky 2006 Euro and you will the difference right away... forget about the fancy child-like gadgets and the cross-coloured buttons... remember, don't judge a book by it's cover... most things inside the new accords today are plastic fantastic... look for craftsmanship inside a 1998 V6-L and you will find that everything has been carefully installed, designed and engineered for superior luxury and driving experience... the V6 Vtec engine is a beast in itself... I asked my Uncle to run me down the street with my new accord euro and my trusty V6-L accelerated much faster and ran so much smoother... damn, I which all cars are made like this now... look around, all cars past 1999 are just cheap-boxes despite their spaceship-like looks, I stilll prefer a vehicle that was delicately made between 1995-1999....
its comments like that (the one in bold) that gets you flamed, not cuz ur a noob. thats a massive generalisation and it all comes back to the fact that you are a noob. stop being so ignorant and maybe pple will stop all the flaming? u ever think about that? and plastic fantastic? mate, ur V6-L has just as much "plastic fantastic" than the newer accords.

again in reference to this thread...
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46327&page=2

You betcha... like I said, I have both vehicles... both are Hondas and of course the Euro looks better and is much more expensive now... but to judge it fairly, we gotta forget the release date and think of the two cars as being released at the same time.... this is fair!! If we do this - I strongly feel, the Honda Accord V6-L is much better!! Honestly and sincerely... drive the two, with respect to it's age, the V6-L not only does the job, it's got the power... if you modify it right, damn... I think it might even look better than the EURO.. the EURO looks like an Alien Spaceship... no luxury in that!
.....mate, if these 2 cars were released at the same time (euro and V6-L), u really really think that pple will buy the V6-L? personally, i think a very small (.01%) minority of pple will buy it. but we're allowed to voice our own opinions right?

and in reference to this thread here

only reason why ur thread is "the most popular" is because u have raised a lot of eyebrows by your comments and threads. for your ignorance, people think that you are nothing but a little pimply kid thats got nothing better to do than be a keyboard warrior. and by saying shit like 'cars made after 1999 are all shyteboxes"....come on wat sort of reaction did you think that would have triggered? you really think someone would just go "yeah ur right.....wow ur so cool?"

i'll voice my opinion now. your car is shit. not anyone elses 6th gen. just yours. hows that. im only voicing my opinions right?

hondaskywalker
03-07-2006, 04:01 PM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46859

yes, i am willing to call you a noob myself as you dont seem to have driven or experienced many other vehicles to think that your honda is the best car in the universe. also, why did u post pics of a car that LOOKS LIKE yours but not actually urs? do you even have pictures to show?

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46558

like i said....noob. (im not hatin just cuz ur a noob. i just dont like ignorant noobs and ur starting to fall into that category) and im sure theres no such thing as a BMW 2 series

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46327

its comments like that (the one in bold) that gets you flamed, not cuz ur a noob. thats a massive generalisation and it all comes back to the fact that you are a noob. stop being so ignorant and maybe pple will stop all the flaming? u ever think about that? and plastic fantastic? mate, ur V6-L has just as much "plastic fantastic" than the newer accords.

again in reference to this thread...
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46327&page=2

.....mate, if these 2 cars were released at the same time (euro and V6-L), u really really think that pple will buy the V6-L? personally, i think a very small (.01%) minority of pple will buy it. but we're allowed to voice our own opinions right?

and in reference to this thread here

only reason why ur thread is "the most popular" is because u have raised a lot of eyebrows by your comments and threads. for your ignorance, people think that you are nothing but a little pimply kid thats got nothing better to do than be a keyboard warrior. and by saying shit like 'cars made after 1999 are all shyteboxes"....come on wat sort of reaction did you think that would have triggered? you really think someone would just go "yeah ur right.....wow ur so cool?"

i'll voice my opinion now. your car is shit. not anyone elses 6th gen. just yours. hows that. im only voicing my opinions right?

Nupe, no worries there... freedom is a wonderful thing, isn't it?

Ok, here's another of my personal opinions... and yes Stephen - this is personal one at you too not anyone else....

Hey, wake up you dip-shyte, stinking-rat-arse mule - build a bridge and get over it... I won't dis your car - but hey, I think you're shit...now how's that... get a spoon full of your shyte and tell me if it's tasty... newsflash - I got you pissed... pissed off enough to actually do all that snooping on all my threads... face it, you love me... you love my threads arsehole! LOL - thanks, you've just made my day... laughter is such a wonderful thing!!! ha ha ha

stephen8512
03-07-2006, 04:05 PM
Nupe, no worries there... freedom is a wonderful thing, isn't it?

Ok, here's another of my personal opinions... and yes Stephen - this is personal one at you too not anyone else....

Hey, wake up you dip-shyte, stinking-rat-arse mule - build a bridge and get over it... I won't dis your car - but hey, I think you're shit...now how's that... get a spoon full of your shyte and tell me if it's tasty... newsflash - I got you pissed... pissed off enough to actually do all that snooping on all my threads... face it, you love me... you love my threads arsehole! LOL - thanks, you've just made my day... laughter is such a wonderful thing!!! ha ha ha

loved u so much taht i snooped around ur previous posts? i only did that cuz i just couldnt believe someone out there could actually be really dumb but i guess u proved me wrong.
if you have a look at the past pages of this thread, i agreed with u to a point on ur views with the accord v6.
and finance manager? yes, laughter is a wonderful thing. u talk to all ur clients like that? Hahhahahahaha.

dc2dc2dc2
03-07-2006, 04:07 PM
im sick of ur bs hondaskywalker.....seirously...just stfu

stephen8512
03-07-2006, 04:07 PM
I just spoke to afriend over lunch and he feels that his 1996 Honda Integra sure kicks a punch too... he actually raced a WRX and won without much of a hassle... never driven one so wouldn't know... I know I a bit off topic... but I've also heard that the 95 VTI-X is similiar to a 96 Integra... any thoughts?

.......haha nah this is just too easy...............

hondaskywalker
03-07-2006, 04:09 PM
loved u so much taht i snooped around ur previous posts? i only did that cuz i just couldnt believe someone out there could actually be really dumb but i guess u proved me wrong.
if you have a look at the past pages of this thread, i agreed with u to a point on ur views with the accord v6.
and finance manager? yes, laughter is a wonderful thing. u talk to all ur clients like that? Hahhahahahaha.

Well, when you're 25 years old, have a beautiful wife getting paid 80K per year with the world at your feet ... not to mention a lovely, the best - 1998 Honda Accord V6-L to drive in.. hey, wouldn't you be like me?

Ok, shytehead - joking slang... let's drop this...friends, huh?

msnealo
03-07-2006, 04:09 PM
Someone please stop him I can't control myself much longer!!!!!!!!!!

hondaskywalker
03-07-2006, 04:10 PM
.......haha nah this is just too easy...............

Now you're tyring to be nice to me again ha?

Well, look, after I give you a turning, spinning, snapping Spanish kick to the head - yeah, we may be able to be friends! LOL - joking only of course -

IS250
03-07-2006, 04:11 PM
Stephen, just forget it. This guy is just a 16 year old attention whore. Its no coincidence that his join date coincides with the start of the school holidays.

hondaskywalker
03-07-2006, 04:11 PM
Someone please stop him I can't control myself much longer!!!!!!!!!!

On yeah, this was my whole intention all a long... hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work we go.... ha ha ha... "watcha ya gonna do, watcha gonna do when they come for you?" :zip:

razaman
03-07-2006, 04:12 PM
un-subscribed:thumbdwn:

dc2dc2dc2
03-07-2006, 04:12 PM
stfu hondaskywalker and keep to the topic or this WILL BE CLOSED.

hondaskywalker
03-07-2006, 04:13 PM
Stephen, just forget it. This guy is just a 16 year old attention whore. Its no coincidence that his join date coincides with the start of the school holidays.

Ok ok, take it easy... if you want to make a personal insult... why not post it in the open for everyone to see ah? Chicken licken it will be freaken kicked and moved again? ha ha ha

Dray_Templar
03-07-2006, 04:13 PM
um ok

For sale
1x 1998 Honda Accord V6-L
very clean car.

Regretfull sale, but don't wanna get bashed next honda meet, when my car gets mistaken, for hondaskywalkers.

Note: Car NOT really for sale.

:P

msnealo
03-07-2006, 04:16 PM
um ok

For sale
very clean car.

Regretfull sale, but don't wanna get bashed next honda meet, when my car gets mistaken, for hondaskywalkers.

:D :D :D

SiReal
03-07-2006, 04:17 PM
guys can we all GROW UP. FFS. Lets try keep the peace. If we could all just try to hold back on posting another insult/slander, then this situation would be easily stoppeD! If sky is being a immature, let him be, but dont drag ourselves down with him (no offence to you sky)

stephen8512
03-07-2006, 04:18 PM
um ok

For sale
very clean car.

hahahahahahahaha
hondaskywalker, even guys that own ur car are disgusted at you.
hahahahah this is too funny.
anyway ive said wat ive wanted to say so that'll be it from me.
IS250, dont worry mate. i actually had fun tryin to prove that he's a know nothing dumbass. he proved that for me.
would have thought finance managers to have a bit more integrity but i guess not.

msnealo
03-07-2006, 04:20 PM
Can Mod post a reply on why this thread hasn't been closed. There has been about 15 post's out of 130 that have been on the topic the rest including mine have been slanging matches

hondaskywalker
03-07-2006, 04:21 PM
um ok

For sale
very clean car.

Bro, I fell of my chair when I read you post... damn, that was bloody funny man... hey, trust me, people won't bash us, they'll love us!!

Face it peopls, before I came around this forum was pretty dead, a bit quiet and had little discussion right?

Bro - we're super stars!

hondaskywalker
03-07-2006, 04:24 PM
Can Mod post a reply on why this thread hasn't been closed. There has been about 15 post's out of 130 that have been on the topic the rest including mine have been slanging matches

Read the rules bro..

I only voiced my PERSONAL opinions... I did nothing wrong... people like you insulted me with foul language first... hey, people like you wanted to prove me wrong and just because I didn't concur you starting abusing me...so if the mods were going to ban someone, it'll be someone like you!

And oh, I've forwarded some rude, insulting and threatening PM's to the mods - so soon you'll be kicked off... don't say I didn't warn you! :angel:

So who's a dumb-arse now?

msnealo
03-07-2006, 04:29 PM
I have not sent one PM to you and have not swore. You'll be gone soon as there are plenty more forums out there to haunt. Man your parents must hate school holidays.

SiR JDM
03-07-2006, 04:31 PM
i havn't read this thread, but theres been numerous reports and it seems like a straight up waste of time and space... how bout no more of this shit?

*closed*