PDA

View Full Version : Are modifications possible for a 1998 Honda Accord V6-L?

hondaskywalker
25-06-2006, 02:58 AM
Hi guys,

Just wanted to ask is it possible to install fog lights close to the bumpber for the 1998 V6-L Accord? Moreover, what mods do you suggest for this vehicle? If I can make my ride looks slightly better, smoother and faster... I would happily dump my new ACCORD EURO anyday and go for my beloved American-made 1998 V6-Luxury!

Regards,

SW

h22a accord
26-06-2006, 08:55 AM
install coil over suspension and drop the ride height by 3" then screw ona set of 18" rims with loww profile tyres.

If your accord is fitted with any type or accessory like mudflaps, head light protectors, bonnet protector, windsheilds, make sure you remove them all for clean smooth look.

then throw some tints on the windows if you havnt already.

Dray_Templar
26-06-2006, 11:44 AM
thanks hondaskywalker, i just got my 1998 honda accourd V6-L, and wanted to ask the exact same thing, a mate has suggested that i look at getting the exaust fixed (he believes that the standard one is alittle small) up and maybe extractors fitted.

i will post anything else i find out that will improve our awesome rides, let me know if you find anthing please.

anyother suggestions from members would be great thanks all.

P.S does anyone know wear i might be able to get a nice body kit for my new baby in Oz?

SiReal
26-06-2006, 12:40 PM
Hmm...Good to see the 6th gens are coming of popularity!~ I don't have a V6 but an I4. jump onto v6performance.net for all your AV6 needs.

Sussy = any lowering too extreme u'll get problems a plenty! be sensible when doing mods. And don't listen to those that say slam it, cos u'll be regretting it (like me now). The undercarriage of the accord is very low already and more so when lowered 2".

As for rims, stock offset is +55.

Bodykit? Good luck mate :)

Dray_Templar
26-06-2006, 02:58 PM
i just found this site http://www.shophyperformance.com/store/scan/fi=products/st=db/co=yes/sf=/se=Honda_Accord_body_kits/va=banner_image=/va=banner_text=Honda%20Accord%20Body%20Kits%20-%20$499%20Shipped.html

some nice ideas there, wish i new somwhere in Oz i could get those kits though :(

Aco3n
26-06-2006, 03:40 PM
I have to change my front tires every approx 15000 kms (that's include flipping the tires), for slamming the car.. but it's worth the look.. LOL..

vtec_jet
26-06-2006, 03:41 PM
wow!! our accordz are starting to get popular ... you were right jeff we are gona need our own forum soon ! haha ....

i also own the 4 cyl , and i think mine would be considered as "slammed" so if you want a daily driver i suggest you do not slam it ! lol undercarriage iz very low ... im a nut wen it comez to modz ... and jeff would be the very sensible mod person !

Dray Templer- if you are after a body kit PM me! i have sumin you mite like ! tryin to get rid of !

peace!

SiReal
26-06-2006, 04:54 PM
yep solo, i think your accord sums up slammed. You can probably scrape up road kill off the road and into your radiator...mmmmm...yummm...

Having the car lowered that amount for such a short time, i really hated driving my car, it was impractical and i was always worrying about damaging things - a car is meant for driving pleasure and enjoyment right? so up it goes woot woot.

dundas
26-06-2006, 05:02 PM
if u are going to "slam it" then get sum good suspension such as adjustable coilovers so that when u know u need to be practible about things.. raise it.. when going to a show .. once u get there.. belly flop it.
mmmz V6 accord is good- get urself an intake, or even change the standard filter to a KN replacement.
strut bars. sway bars, sound system

hondaskywalker
26-06-2006, 07:28 PM
Guys, I am very pleased that a lot of aussies out there appreciate the V6-L... for it's age, I feel it can still be compared headon with the likes of Mercs and BMW's today and the top-notch 1998-99 Honda Accord V6-L still kicks butt... I've relisted my Hond Accord Euro after after weeks ownership and want to get rid of it asap...

Remember peoples, it's not the age or release of a car that makes it better ... just look inside a 98 V6-L and the new-spunky 2006 Euro and you will the difference right away... forget about the fancy child-like gadgets and the cross-coloured buttons... remember, don't judge a book by it's cover... most things inside the new accords today are plastic fantastic... look for craftsmanship inside a 1998 V6-L and you will find that everything has been carefully installed, designed and engineered for superior luxury and driving experience... the V6 Vtec engine is a beast in itself... I asked my Uncle to run me down the street with my new accord euro and my trusty V6-L accelerated much faster and ran so much smoother... damn, I which all cars are made like this now... look around, all cars past 1999 are just cheap-boxes despite their spaceship-like looks, I stilll prefer a vehicle that was delicately made between 1995-1999....

Guys, if you own a 1998,1999 or 2000 Honda Accord V6-Luxury... treasure it, mod it up, fix it, love it, make love to it... hi hi ..... it's a gem!!!

People, do me a favour, do some comparisons for me please.... take your V6-L and then take your father's, mothers or granny's car and see the difference... the V6-L rides like a plane, moves like the wind and rolls like a true luxury vehicle should!!!

Sky

hondaskywalker
26-06-2006, 07:32 PM
Fellas,

As for mods, I suggest getting nicer 16" Alloy wheels, some nice foglits, some neon-colour rims and tint the beast up... just think about it, going cruising this summer, got the jam to the highest and the sunroof down... oh yeah, this what luxury is all about!!

SiReal
26-06-2006, 07:37 PM
haha... thats awesome. its good to see someone so enthusiastic about their car. kudos. I like my car. except it doesnt have a sunroof. but its so comfy, the ivory leather seats..mmmm.... and everything is quite well laid out. i can see where you are coming from in terms of interior. i was put off hte euro interior after the test drive. i found it too 'cheap' ->IMO<- but the engine of the euro is a great engine, as with the tiptronic (its handy!)

Putting that aside, the CG/CK accords are great cars in their own right, although as with each batch of cars ever made, they do stil have their problems. For ours, its a significant gearbox problem.

hondaskywalker
26-06-2006, 07:42 PM
haha... thats awesome. its good to see someone so enthusiastic about their car. kudos. I like my car. except it doesnt have a sunroof. but its so comfy, the ivory leather seats..mmmm.... and everything is quite well laid out. i can see where you are coming from in terms of interior. i was put off hte euro interior after the test drive. i found it too 'cheap' ->IMO<- but the engine of the euro is a great engine, as with the tiptronic (its handy!)

Putting that aside, the CG/CK accords are great cars in their own right, although as with each batch of cars ever made, they do stil have their problems. For ours, its a significant gearbox problem.

No offense, are you female??? You sound like it... asian as the pic suggests?

SiReal
26-06-2006, 07:45 PM
puahahaha....mang...hell no man! i'm male! but the way i type is quite work oriented, cos i'm so used to typing emails at work that the habit flows onto personal charateristics! But i had quite a laugh when i read that!

the avatar/pic is one of my favourite japanese female singers thats all. but i am asian :)

hondaskywalker
26-06-2006, 09:30 PM
puahahaha....mang...hell no man! i'm male! but the way i type is quite work oriented, cos i'm so used to typing emails at work that the habit flows onto personal charateristics! But i had quite a laugh when i read that!

the avatar/pic is one of my favourite japanese female singers thats all. but i am asian :)

I don't know mate... the word "coffy" kinda sounds feminine... hi hi....
I'm Asian too... I am also from MEBL too... PM me your contact details perhaps and we'll hook up!

hondaskywalker
27-06-2006, 12:22 AM
gUYS - i STILL THINK THE 1998 HONDA ACCORD V6-L IS THE BEST!!

accordingly flash
27-06-2006, 12:41 AM
6th gen owners of the forums unite lol./...

hondaskywalker
27-06-2006, 01:44 AM
6th gen owners of the forums unite lol./...

You betcha... like I said, I have both vehicles... both are Hondas and of course the Euro looks better and is much more expensive now... but to judge it fairly, we gotta forget the release date and think of the two cars as being released at the same time.... this is fair!! If we do this - I strongly feel, the Honda Accord V6-L is much better!! Honestly and sincerely... drive the two, with respect to it's age, the V6-L not only does the job, it's got the power... if you modify it right, damn... I think it might even look better than the EURO.. the EURO looks like an Alien Spaceship... no luxury in that!

msnealo
27-06-2006, 07:30 AM
the EURO looks like an Alien Spaceship...

You're weird!

Just because you own them both doesn't mean they're comparable. They're two completely different cars.

aaronng
27-06-2006, 09:21 AM
You're weird!

Just because you own them both doesn't mean they're comparable. They're two completely different cars.
Yes they are comparable! They are both cars! LOL. ;)

Dray_Templar
27-06-2006, 10:03 AM
i can see this is going to be alot of fun :)

nice one aaronng, that made me grin like a fool

vtec_jet do use msn mate? if you do could you add me somtime plz.

vtec_jet
27-06-2006, 06:24 PM
hahaha .... man im so proud of seeing all the 6th gen accordz 2getha !! we need a CRUISE!!

must attend the krispy kremes meetup and take a few pix!! haha ..

SiReal
27-06-2006, 07:27 PM
Agreed. I'm going to go to the KK pre meet and take some happy snaps so i guess we'll see hondaskywalker, vtec_jet and myself all with our accords. sweeet. I'm black, solo's champagne and you are light blue/silver so it shouldnt be too hard to spot.

hondaskywalker
27-06-2006, 07:32 PM
Agreed. I'm going to go to the KK pre meet and take some happy snaps so i guess we'll see hondaskywalker, vtec_jet and myself all with our accords. sweeet. I'm black, solo's champagne and you are light blue/silver so it shouldnt be too hard to spot.

We all should organise a mini 1998 Honda Cruise.... let's catch up, go for a barbeque or something... damn, I love my Honda V6-L... i just took it for a spin... damn, the beast can move... honestly, I reckon the V6-L is more than meets the eye...take it for a little race... you will feel the power from a so-called luxury-only car!

hondaskywalker
27-06-2006, 07:32 PM

We all should organise a mini 1998 Honda Cruise.... let's catch up, go for a barbeque or something... damn, I love my Honda V6-L... i just took it for a spin... damn, the beast can move... honestly, I reckon the V6-L is more than meets the eye...take it for a little race... you will feel the power from a so-called luxury-only car!

aaronng
27-06-2006, 09:45 PM
I wish I could come along. But I bet you don't want an Euro tagging along during a 98' cruise. LOL

hondaskywalker
27-06-2006, 10:28 PM
There's something wrong with this thread...can't proceed!

aaronng
28-06-2006, 07:50 AM
It's probably because the server is so slow that everyone's giving up on replying. LOL. 8am now, and it is fast for me. I think the server is overloaded during peak hours.

aaronng
It's probably because the server is so slow that everyone's giving up on replying. LOL. 8am now, and it is fast for me. I think the server is overloaded during peak hours.

aaronng

Dray_Templar
28-06-2006, 08:47 AM
aaronng, you can edit you post and then delete it, as far as i no, if you want to get rid of one or rwo of those triple posts. but really i don't mind done the same thing myself before ;) by accident of coarse :P

the forum was driving my nuts yetesterday. dropping out and such, think we kinda need a server ugrade, and maybe more bandwidth.

Would love to come for a cruise with you all :) nopefully off my L's then, just a case of doing the rest of my P's test. you no how it is no money, then to time becasue your flat out working, or the company you work for is sending you tassmainia, or sydney or melbourne, can't win i tell ya's

anyway catch ya all soon.

Dray_Templar
28-06-2006, 08:50 AM
oh and by the way i got a guy here in campbellfield, at a Place Called DPC Perfornmance was going to look into possible mods for me 1998 accord V6.. so will pass that on when i find out.

hondaskywalker
28-06-2006, 05:37 PM
Thanks Dray - you're a champion...actually a champ with a nice car... trust me bro... spend some time and efefort on modding your V6-L and it will be hot and very nice... think about it, the V6-L's got a fairly sporty look for a luxury vehicle and then once modded... damn, it's best of both worlds - luxury inside and sporty outside... damn.... where you from bro? I'm from MELBOURNE... let me know how you go with your mods and we'll definitely catch up soon to share mod ideas... form a V6-L loyalist gang ro something!

amato2
28-06-2006, 11:41 PM
im from melb....im rite next to the melb airport....

cept i have a CK V6L i like the front of mine a bit betta, "no offense"..

yeah id luv to meet up wit some ppl to get some ideas of mods for my car

vtec_jet
28-06-2006, 11:56 PM
im from melb, south eastern , Glen Waverly area ...

and i own tha 4Cyl CK model , :) ( just thought id add my 2c )

vtec_jet
29-06-2006, 12:01 AM

Dray_Templar
29-06-2006, 09:12 AM
none taken amato2, ;) i only got mine last week, so havn't had alot of time to change anything yet :(

vtec_jet always love your 2 cents mate, don't stop putting them in, they will make my rich oneday :P well maybe not rich but still like reading it.

Spoke to my mate last night, he does exuhusts, told him i was think of 2.5 inch stainless, he said that would be cool and np's also told him i was thing of putting a turbo on down the track abit, he suggested going 3 inch for the turbo. he kinda all excited about the possibitie of doing a custom 3 inch stainless steel exhust for me :).. mates don't ya love em.

anyway just thought i would get you guys take on what size to go for 2.5 or the 3.

the other things i wanted to ask you guys is, what are the best headers for the V6? and where can i get them and a rough ball park price?

will drop in at DPC Performance later today, see if my man has found out any good modding news?

hondaskywalker
29-06-2006, 12:25 PM

Excellent stuff V6-L lovers... since I started this thread, I guess it's only fitting that I should take the initiative and start something for V6-L owners...

OK, glad everyone is ok to meet up... the rule of this cruise...

only Honda Accord V6 and V6-L owners can join... years are from 1990 to 2000 as any vehicles after that are shyte boxes and are so plastic and look like spaceships... no class... no offense of course... and no, no Honda Euro's...sorry... I own one and have just sold it to a mate after only a few months ownership...was very dissapointed...lost $6,000 but it's well worth it.

ok, if you meet the above criteria...

Then please send me an email at kevintdnguyen@hotmail.com
state your name (full name) - your nickname on Ozhonda, phone number (preferrably mobile) and area of residence...then I will broadcast emails to you within the next few weeks to arrange a cruise or get-together date for all of us to catch up...I was thinking perhaps we can get-together, talk about mods and what we can do to make our cars better whiltst maintaining it's class...then we can go to repair shops, mod shops and alarm places etc to bargain and purchase together...by doing this, it makes our bargaining power better and also with 2+ heads surely we will be better off...if you're in and love your Honda Accord V6 V6-L's then please do the right thing and join !! hi hi ....

Skywalker - real name - Kevin

vtec_jet
29-06-2006, 02:10 PM
bcoz mine a 4CYL am i not eligible for the cruise ? lol ...

bcoz it states V6 and V6-L ONLY .... jus chekin ;)

Aco3n
29-06-2006, 03:18 PM
turbo for V6 accords?? might be a big no.. supercharger?? probably no.. standard tranny won't be able to handle.. even without any modification it's been worrying me for a while..

SiReal
29-06-2006, 03:25 PM
they have tranny upgrades in the states for the auto box ($3500 USD!) and they also have comptech superchargers which are pretty sweet. but aco3n is right! out trannys are crrraaap!

yfin
29-06-2006, 07:07 PM
Put any cruises in the upcoming events section please and dont misuse the 18 plus avatar.

xtercii
29-06-2006, 07:35 PM
years are from 1990 to 2000 as any vehicles after that are shyte boxes and are so plastic and look like spaceships... no class... no offense of course...

This is like calling someone a retard and moron, then turn around and say "no offence", you think that person will be offended?

Chris_F
29-06-2006, 07:44 PM
Excellent stuff V6-L lovers... since I started this thread, I guess it's only fitting that I should take the initiative and start something for V6-L owners...

OK, glad everyone is ok to meet up... the rule of this cruise...

only Honda Accord V6 and V6-L owners can join... years are from 1990 to 2000 as any vehicles after that are shyte boxes and are so plastic and look like spaceships... no class... no offense of course... and no, no Honda Euro's...sorry... I own one and have just sold it to a mate after only a few months ownership...was very dissapointed...lost $6,000 but it's well worth it.

ok, if you meet the above criteria...

Then please send me an email at kevintdnguyen@hotmail.com
state your name (full name) - your nickname on Ozhonda, phone number (preferrably mobile) and area of residence...then I will broadcast emails to you within the next few weeks to arrange a cruise or get-together date for all of us to catch up...I was thinking perhaps we can get-together, talk about mods and what we can do to make our cars better whiltst maintaining it's class...then we can go to repair shops, mod shops and alarm places etc to bargain and purchase together...by doing this, it makes our bargaining power better and also with 2+ heads surely we will be better off...if you're in and love your Honda Accord V6 V6-L's then please do the right thing and join !! hi hi ....

Skywalker - real name - Kevin

non of the euro owners have said anything negative about your car, and generally we've agreed it is a good car (and we're happy that you're happy with it). There's really no need to rubbish other peoples car saying they have no class, look like space ships and are "shyte boxes". If you wanna organise an accord v6 and v6-L only event i take no offence to that at all and think it's a good idea. But i take offence to how you describe other accord models as others who own the car would aswell. I think you need to settle down with the flamboyant language before you make some enemies.

SiReal
29-06-2006, 07:44 PM
kevin, good to see you are excited, but yep, being open minded is another virtue we all appreciated :) and sometimes being a bit more dilpomatic at how we say things too. I think some euro owners might get offended!

Chris_F
29-06-2006, 07:45 PM
kevin, good to see you are excited, but yep, being open minded is another virtue we all appreciated :) and sometimes being a bit more dilpomatic at how we say things too. I think some euro owners might get offended!

posted at the same time :p

SiReal
29-06-2006, 07:46 PM
*great minds think alike* :)

Dray_Templar
30-06-2006, 12:28 PM
found a few bits and pieces.. http://www.stillen.com/product_list.aspx?page=13&make_id=13&model_id=165&year=1998

nice hood :P

this could be interesting

http://www.prototyperacing.com/header.htm

http://www.prototyperacing.com/dyno.htm

http://www.prototyperacing.com/headinf.htm

also just found this
http://www.turbomagazine.com/tech/02...ution_exhaust/

Dray_Templar
30-06-2006, 12:32 PM
turbo for V6 accords?? might be a big no.. supercharger?? probably no.. standard tranny won't be able to handle.. even without any modification it's been worrying me for a while..

from what i read, they can handle 8 psi boost with the supercharger, don't go and buy one on my word though.. and your right, ive read that the trannies are, well not the best, to put it nicely.

the Guy here at DPC Performance said he will take alook under the hood of mine and see if there is a way to, hook up a turbo with some "plumbing" but not holding my breathe, and would only do that after i have ran out of mods to do on the intirior and extirior.

but still fun to look into.

Dray_Templar
30-06-2006, 12:37 PM
they have tranny upgrades in the states for the auto box ($3500 USD!) and they also have comptech superchargers which are pretty sweet. but aco3n is right! out trannys are crrraaap!

$3500 US, damn i just want an upgrade not a whole new car!!!

Thanks for the great info, i no it's not easy to come across..

damn you guys with your 4 cyl got it so easy :P

hondaskywalker.. i no you love your V6 mate so do I, but i consider every one on the ozhonda forum, a friend and another great honda owner, no matter what year/model/mods they have.
there for if a freind asks me if they can come along, i would say sure thin happy to have you along/ not you don't quite fit in so you can't come. not ment in a nasty way mate, just i consider everyone here as an assett, and worth my time.

P.S if i had the money i would have one of every honda, i love's them all :)

IS250
30-06-2006, 05:24 PM
wow, I thought only Civic owners were this bias. Skywalker takes bias to a whole new level lol.

hondaskywalker
30-06-2006, 05:54 PM
wow, I thought only Civic owners were this bias. Skywalker takes bias to a whole new level lol.

hahahaha........................... seriously, the 1998 Honda accord is well too cool!

Try it and you will see

hondaskywalker
30-06-2006, 05:55 PM
$3500 US, damn i just want an upgrade not a whole new car!!!

Thanks for the great info, i no it's not easy to come across..

damn you guys with your 4 cyl got it so easy :P

hondaskywalker.. i no you love your V6 mate so do I, but i consider every one on the ozhonda forum, a friend and another great honda owner, no matter what year/model/mods they have.
there for if a freind asks me if they can come along, i would say sure thin happy to have you along/ not you don't quite fit in so you can't come. not ment in a nasty way mate, just i consider everyone here as an assett, and worth my time.

P.S if i had the money i would have one of every honda, i love's them all :)

point taken... you're right mate... ok, EVERYONE CAN COME ALONG THEN!!!

hondaskywalker
03-07-2006, 11:44 AM
I have recieved around 10 emails ... anyone else would like to come, please email me at kevintdnguyen@hotmail.com

Thanks...