PDA

View Full Version : Gearbox need help~

NeRV
25-06-2006, 01:13 PM
Hey guys, i dont know much about gearbox's and problems about them, i have a EG with a D16Y8 motor+gearbox, lately everytime i give my car abit of gusto, from 1st to 2nd... 2nd wont stick, like when i shift i can feel it slot in but the second i take my hand away, it pops out and i end up sitting there reving my **** off... :( ... ive never had a problem with going into 2nd smoothly but for some reason it has started to do this to me and its the 5th time now and its annoying me to death...

Some of you might know, but about a month ago, my car ran completely out of clutch fluid... and i dont know why that happened cause i had it topped up about 2 months prior to it running out, ive been monitoring my clutch fluid level... and from full, its almost empty again... all within a month... whats wrong with it?? :confused: and can this problem be connected to me having troubles getting into 2nd??

any help would be kindly appreciated.

bennjamin
25-06-2006, 01:41 PM
clutch slave cylinder is probably gone/leaking...replace it as your clutch simply isnt engaging properly

NeRV
25-06-2006, 02:23 PM
ahhh ok so whats the rough price on replacing the slave cylinder?

bennjamin
25-06-2006, 02:39 PM
depends really - you can either "rebuild" the cylinder or you can just install a used one. + labour ofcourse...id think about $150 all up would set you there.

BTW i got a spare slave cylinder if u need it - pm me