PDA

View Full Version : Toda Header on DC2R

TYPE-R617
26-06-2006, 12:01 PM
Has anyone ever fitted Toda header on stock DC2R catback? does fit, wat do i have to change? i will change my catback later on wen i've saved enuff dough to buy it im just itching to put the headers on cos i've already got it, is it worth putting it on now? any info would be appreciated. thanks in advance.

Q_ball
26-06-2006, 12:11 PM
Yes it will fit.
Check this thread out,
It covers off a wide range of header types in comparison to stock and the HP gains associated.
http://austeg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77
Hope that helps.

VTECACCORD
26-06-2006, 12:50 PM
Actually fitment depends on the collector size, if its a 2.5 inch collector it wont fit the stock AUDM ITR exhaust,

In order to have a system that fits properly your going to need the JDM Cat and the JDM catback system of your choice.

If you got it with a 2.25inch collector I think you wasted some hard earned cash

Moya
26-06-2006, 02:09 PM
On the same topic, for all headers (TODA, 5zigen, Mugen) with the same 60mm (2.37") outlet - what size cats can they, or rather, SHOULD they bolt onto?

I have my 2.25" custom cat back at the moment, but my TODA headers are going in in a week. What high flow cat should I go with?

Sorry, hope I'm not stealing your thread. I figure it's on the same topic.

Q_ball
26-06-2006, 02:22 PM
On the same topic, for all headers (TODA, 5zigen, Mugen) with the same 60mm (2.37") outlet - what size cats can they, or rather, SHOULD they bolt onto?

I have my 2.25" custom cat back at the moment, but my TODA headers are going in in a week. What high flow cat should I go with?

Start another thread mate, this is classified as a hijack.

barefootbonzai
26-06-2006, 02:30 PM
Has anyone ever fitted Toda header on stock DC2R catback? does fit, wat do i have to change? i will change my catback later on wen i've saved enuff dough to buy it im just itching to put the headers on cos i've already got it, is it worth putting it on now? any info would be appreciated. thanks in advance.

the headers will not fit on stock audm cat. You'll need to get a jdm cat or get an exahaust shop to make the bell shape join need to collect the headers. The if you're getting a JDM catback later on, that too won't fit the other side of your audm cat.

VTECACCORD
26-06-2006, 02:44 PM

Go with the jdm cat, so 2.5inch. Should fit nice and snug

nipnip
26-06-2006, 07:00 PM
Go with the jdm cat, so 2.5inch. Should fit nice and snug

wont't fit with stock cat-back, ausdm b-pipe is shorter than jdm b-pipe. do everything all at once

xtercii
26-06-2006, 11:14 PM
would it be a better idea to get an aftermarket high flow cat instead?
it will probably work out to be cheaper and flow better than jdm cat??

Jomsy
27-06-2006, 08:17 AM
it would be best to get an exhaust shop to modify your existing cat, you would need the 2.5" flange though, be aware that alot of exhaust shops wont have the correct one so shop around first, you may need to buy a jdm cat and cut it up

alternatively keep saving for a nice catback system and jdm cat and fit the whole lot in one go, thats what i did :D

barefootbonzai
27-06-2006, 09:10 AM
would it be a better idea to get an aftermarket high flow cat instead?
it will probably work out to be cheaper and flow better than jdm cat??

Yeah sounds pretty straight forward, but as Jomsy said many shops don't have the tools to do the bell flange. I had the same probably, so i just went for it and changed the whole lot to JDM goodness as well. Straight bolt on, it's awsome :thumbsup:

EG5
27-06-2006, 04:41 PM
easiest way is to get a jdm 2.5" cat with flanges.

and extend the stock cat back.

jords
27-06-2006, 06:00 PM
easiest way is to get a jdm 2.5" cat with flanges.

and extend the stock cat back.
Yep, thats what I did when fitting my Mugen 4-1 headders.

chai
27-06-2006, 08:45 PM
i got my toda header + JDM ITR caat + fujitsubo power getter catback in like 2 weeks ago. fits beautiful =pppppppp

VT3C
28-06-2006, 02:02 PM
JDM ITR cat will take a 2.33" - 2.5" collector.. but the JDM ITR cat is 'only' 2" exit diameter.. I thried to match the JDM ITR cat and my JDM Tanabe 4-2-1 header and the header's collecter was far too small for the JDM ITR cat.

norma
29-06-2006, 12:43 AM
the audm cat is also longer than the jdm cat. too long for a straight bolt on of toda headers.

if you get the jdm cat, you may also need the donut...flexi-gasket thing.

barefootbonzai
29-06-2006, 01:31 AM
JDM ITR cat will take a 2.33" - 2.5" collector.. but the JDM ITR cat is 'only' 2" exit diameter.. I thried to match the JDM ITR cat and my JDM Tanabe 4-2-1 header and the header's collecter was far too small for the JDM ITR cat.

This doesn't make sense. I think you meant Collector is only 2". But in that case it's not a jdm ITR header. Sounds to me like you have a JDM B16A header.

dynosaur
19-04-2008, 08:19 PM

yeah , the JDM ITR cat is 2" at exit diameter .

what should I do ? cut and extend ?

vincikwan
22-04-2008, 10:14 PM
damn it, i'll cancel my order on the toda header i guess. I thought all i need to do is bolt it on n maybe just slightly modify the audm cat.

Iwishiwasa Type R
31-07-2008, 11:29 PM
back from the dead. someone have this link?

Yes it will fit.
Check this thread out,
It covers off a wide range of header types in comparison to stock and the HP gains associated.
http://austeg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77
Hope that helps.

fatboyz39
02-08-2008, 10:30 AM
To fit TODA headers, you'll need a JDM CAT, which has a 2.5' collector. Or get a 2.5' donut flange (jdmyard sells this) and get a custom cat made to mate with the catback.