PDA

View Full Version : electrical and other problems in an ed6

vinnY
26-06-2006, 01:13 PM
so i installed a headunit into a friends ed6 auto dual carby.

before installing it *just* started.

so after installing the headunit, the car won't start :(
the headunit works, accessories work, lights work, windows work.
no fuses blown, everythings grounded well but it still won't start :(

anyone have any suggestions on what may have gone wrong and what to check?
the car cranks, but just can't start. we've tried to jump start it, no go.

also there seems to be oil going into a cylinder(second on from the left, assuming cylinder 2?). checked the spark plug and its covered in engine oil :( would this suggest that the piston ring has been damaged?
also the other spark plugs have oil where the spark leads plug into the spark plug but not inside the cylinder chamber. would this suggest that the spark plug seals need replacing?

the dizzy and alternator was replaced and reconditioned respectively. there seems to be about ~220,000k's on the engine.
the car also has what i believe is an alarm(has the unit with the keyhole in the engine bay, etc) but the previous owner apparently didn't have the keypad, etc so it was sold as without an alarm. could the alarm have armed itself and not letting the car start?

ECU-MAN
26-06-2006, 09:46 PM
also there seems to be oil going into a cylinder(second on from the left, assuming cylinder 2?). checked the spark plug and its covered in engine oil :( would this suggest that the piston ring has been damaged?
also the other spark plugs have oil where the spark leads plug into the spark plug but not inside the cylinder chamber. would this suggest that the spark plug seals need replacing?

the seal in the roccer cover is causing that problem. either reseal or replace all 4 seals and the main roccer gasket.

an alarm could be causing it not to start

as can a faulty fuel pump.

bad ignition switch or blown ICM. did you leave the ignition on for a very long time ????

just coz the dizzy was reconditioned doesnt mean they replaced the coil and ICM they could still be at fault

check for spark then let me know what you find