PDA

View Full Version : New Clutch on 5th gen lude, want to hear your experience.

vtec999
26-06-2006, 02:44 PM
Guys,

I just went to see a mechanic and am told to replace clutch on my ride.
(I found weird feeling when I shift gears since this morning.)

Anyhow, he gave me a quote on clutch and the brand name is pronounced 'deken' or similar, whch I never heard of it.
(well, I only know Excedy from afforable brand.)

I am wondering if anyone has ever heard of that brand.

And he told me that I also need to do flywheel machining. (Correct?)
(I thought I need to put new flywheel as well.)

I am quite looking forward to having a new clutch on my ride, even if my poket will be totally emtpy after this.

I want to listen to your experience on replacing clutch.

Safe Drive.

vtec999
06-07-2006, 09:24 AM
I have done my clutch over the weekends and I got my ride back yesterday.
Now it has got Exedy Std Clutch Kit.
It feels so different after the clutch changed (So smooth and easy drive).

Since then, I am having bit of smoke coming out from the bonnet when the cooling fan is running. (cooling fan? whatever the fan in front) but it doesn't smell like burning, so I am going to see for next couple of days.

Anyhow, it did cost me $$$ but I always wanted to have a new clutch, cuz I bought this car when 120K km on the clock and the clutch was already worn out I guess.

Now I am looking forward to having other modifications, such as short shift kit (help me to find this), HID, or racing driver seat.

Safe drive guys.

CUL8R
06-07-2006, 04:36 PM
good luck with the short shifter, it took me frieken a whole year before a lean racing pro SS came up and i grabbed it so fast its not funny.
not many people in aus have ss on their 5th gens (would say less than 5) coz lean racing is the only propper ss setup. lean racing consists of like 3 guys who make parts on a made to order basis so its very hard to track one down. i would search US forums and when one pops up snatch it quick and dont expect to pay 100 and have it, ur looking at 320+

vtc
06-07-2006, 05:10 PM
only 5? dam.. looks like im one of the 5... :)

vtec999
07-07-2006, 06:05 PM
where did u get your one, 'vtc'?

Can't it be imported from Jap? only US?

vtc
08-07-2006, 02:10 AM
I got mine through US forums.. not sure if i like it or not though.. might sell it soon.

hurstyboy
27-07-2006, 11:07 PM
hey mah mine just went prety completely on me...just wondering if you could pm me the details on your priceing and where you got it done and stuff

aznpsuazn
28-07-2006, 04:07 AM
The smoke is most likely excess oil/degreaser that was smudged around the exhaust/extractors when th clutch was changed. it is heating up and vapourising! totally normal. This does not apply if your car is on fire.

|N|
28-07-2006, 04:09 AM
i think u meant daiken

daiken=excedy