PDA

View Full Version : Wiring headunit, and antenna help

Lowa
26-06-2006, 05:17 PM
I was wondering if there is a way to wire the antenna trigger to my pioneer headunit (DEH-P5850MP) so that the antenna only comes up when I'm in tuner mode and comes down when it is off and in CD mode, right now the antenna trigger is connected to the system remote control wire and the antenna comes up when the headunit is on.

Also i seem to have the problem of the headunit resetting itself everytime the car is off (i.e. settings are back to factory and starts the cd all over again), I'm assuming i've have connected the ignition wire wrong, as i've seen a few guides and they tell me different wires are ignition.

BTW this is in a DC2R

Thanks.

Fr3aKi3
26-06-2006, 05:25 PM
Where have you got the antenna trigger wire connected to now? Usually on the wiring loom of the h/u there'll be one wire which is designated as the antenna trigger (possibly labelled as Ant Cont.), so that the antenna will only go up when the h/u is in "tuner" mode.

As for your headunit resetting, I wouldnt have a clue.

Slow96GSR
26-06-2006, 05:31 PM
You have the ignition and constant backwards on the wire harness.

destrukshn
26-06-2006, 05:37 PM
referring to the antenna problem, you can't with pioneer head units, they only have 1 out put for remote, they don't have a seperate one for the 'antenna' or 'amp' they will both run off the same wire, unfortunately, so whenver you have your head unit on, either CD or radio, the antenna will be up, unless you disconnect it.
another method people have used to fix their problem, is putting a inline switch, so it will go up when you switch it on, and go down when you switch it off.

regarding to losing memory, "Slow96GSR" comment sounds right.
cheers.

Lowa
26-06-2006, 05:59 PM
alright, thanks guys i'll swap the constant and the ignition and see how it goes, with the antenna maybe i'll just go get a s2k replica one

zorrt
26-06-2006, 06:53 PM
As SlowGSR said most prob your wires are wrong way round as constant wires feeds a small voltage to the HU for it to maintain its memory. Without that the HU resets each time you switch ignition off. For reference white with yellow stripe is constant, and yellow with red stripe is ignition. For most HU red is ignition, yellow is constant.

Antenna going up and down, pioneer HU doesnt have the wire to control it which sucks. A way around that is to add a switch into your antenna power line which is the brown white wire. Switches are only a couple of dollars from most electronic stores such as Tandy, Dicksmith etc etc.

Lowa
26-06-2006, 10:18 PM
thanks for that, figured out it was the white with blue stripe that was my constant, a few threads and wiring diagrams had said it was the blue or some other colour.

destrukshn
26-06-2006, 10:44 PM
white and blue stripe? that sounds like you antenna wire form the head unit?
the yellow one should be your constant?

Lowa
26-06-2006, 10:48 PM
whoops i ment ignition, before the problem wasnt that i had the constant and ignition backwards, it was because i couldnt find a proper ignition and had put them both onto the yellow and orange, also i think my antenna one was a brown one or something like that

zorrt
27-06-2006, 10:59 AM
blue and white stripe is the antenna trigger (you wont be using this as the pioneer HU doesnt support antenna trigger). White and yellow is your constant. And yes antenna power is brown.

tekling
15-07-2006, 02:11 PM
sorry to bring this old thread up but i was looking over the DIY of how to chuck the switch for the antenna problem in the DIY/ Reviews and it just confused me. I was wondering after u cut the antenna wire, do u just put the switch wire in between it?? or am i totally wrong
cheers

destrukshn
15-07-2006, 04:20 PM
yups
that's it.