PDA

View Full Version : Stronger Engine Mounts

timofytit
28-06-2006, 03:15 AM
I'm after some stronger engine mounts for my DC5R. My factory ones keep breaking. Anyone have any ideas??? I dont even drive the car hard. But i have just installed a new intake. The engine seems to move heaps, even with new factory mounts installed. I really want to get more power with engine mods, but i cant continue till i got some strong mounts in place that will handle added power.

|N|
28-06-2006, 07:52 AM
get engine damper... might also help

LowEk
28-06-2006, 08:34 AM
maybe hasport ones.

BlitZ
28-06-2006, 09:42 AM
yeah... its a really common issue with dc5r mounts..

all i can say - 3g window weld..

I think toda racing has done it in the pass too for a customerr.. works 100 better than oem

dsp26
28-06-2006, 11:00 AM
^^^ alternatively, Sikaflex for $20 a tube from supercheap... your mounts are guaranteed not to break but still has a bit of flex unlike solid prothane mounts

i personally would never go back to standard mounts after getting prothanes. i dont even care about the increased cabin vibration noise.... the effect of instant torque transfer from gearbox is amazing!!!

EGB18CT
28-06-2006, 11:17 AM
ive made up customs ones myself by filling in with 65A cold cast polyurethane resin, 2part mix i got it for 50bux for 1kg which is lots more than enough to fill out the mounts, works a treat, less wheel hop, shakes like a bit*h tho! the only thing is ull have to hunt around for it as not many people will sell it to u here, i got it from melb from engineering plastics to which they got it from the supplier that supplies australia in sydney, bit of a hasstle getting it but works a treat and no sign of cracking or movement what so ever! try it!

Slow96GSR
28-06-2006, 04:51 PM
Hasport, Energy Suspension, Engine damper or have some custom made. If you are still on a stock motor and you are breaking these you either installed them wrong or they are bad ones to begin with. I run 3+ times the power on stock mounts with Energy Suspension inserts and am just fine. We have run plain stock mounts on Hondas with over 500hp/500tq and they have been fine. Take the bad ones back and get new ones. Might want to have a pro install them for more warranty protection. Good luck on the fix.

dsp26
28-06-2006, 05:31 PM
EGB18CT: thanks for that... that is daaaamn cheap. i could probably solid fill mates ones for cheap and still make a slight profit hehehe some mate i am lol.

yeah what Slow96GSR said is true. mine kept braking but thats coz i had a bent crossmember. how are they sitting currently when you look at them visually?