PDA

View Full Version : [Euro] Rear vision mirror relocation

EuroDude
28-06-2006, 06:56 PM
I find that my rear view mirror is too low and obstructs my view when turning left and going up hills. Rising it about an inch would be ideal.

Is it easy to relocate the mirror?

How do I remove it (professionally)?

Do I need new 'sticky stuff' to re-attach it so it wont fall off while driving?

:honda:

EuroAccord13
28-06-2006, 07:21 PM
Rising it one inch up would mean that the mirror will be closer to you and wouldn't that reduce your rear view vision even more? Have you tried using aftermarket mirrors? They work wonders!:D..

Anyways.. Yeah, the mirror arm is sticky taped to the window, I saw the guy who replaced my windscreen remove it carefully with a stanley and used double sided tape to put it back on the new windscreen...

MiSloVic
28-06-2006, 07:51 PM
I find that my rear view mirror is too low and obstructs my view when turning left and going up hills. Rising it about an inch would be ideal.

Is it easy to relocate the mirror?

How do I remove it (professionally)?

Do I need new 'sticky stuff' to re-attach it so it wont fall off while driving?

:honda:

actually, the rear view mirror can be moved upwards.. without u needing to relocate it..

try this: the mirror 'arm' is made of 3 parts, 1st is stuck to the windshield, the 2nd part is sort of a 'stick' (or a branch) and the 3rd is the mirror itself.

u can try tilt the 2nd part upwards, then adjust the mirror.

it is not easy to describe in words, but hope it works..

EuroDude
28-06-2006, 08:21 PM
MiSloVic thanks for that, I had no idea there were two swivel parts lol. Ive moved it up an inch and its perfect :thumbsup:

EuroAccord13, thanks anyway :)

Now to get my hands on a euro lux auto-dim mirror so I dont get blinded by 4wd's,dodgy aftermarket HID's, and misaligned headlights behind me at night ;)

MiSloVic
28-06-2006, 11:10 PM
No worries! Actually I found this trick, when I bumped my head on the mirror ;)

Rubber
29-06-2006, 09:51 AM
This info is one of the very reasons I have joined this forum!! Thanks for the tip! :wink:

Tobster
29-06-2006, 10:24 AM
Now to get my hands on a euro lux auto-dim mirror so I dont get blinded by 4wd's,dodgy aftermarket HID's, and misaligned headlights behind me at night ;)
I love my auto-dim mirror -- it's fantastic. Until you've had one, you just don't realise how good they are...

blueeuro
29-06-2006, 11:42 AM
I love my auto-dim mirror -- it's fantastic. Until you've had one, you just don't realise how good they are...

I thought auto dim was a gimmick, until I got the current Euro, it's a great feature. :thumbsup:

Rubber
29-06-2006, 11:46 AM
Where can I get one?