PDA

View Full Version : maxin Km from my car

DC2108
29-06-2006, 02:13 AM
um.. i own a DC2R i get about 450km ish out of a full tank just wondering what could i cheek / change to get the most km out of my car ?
i already change gears b4 3500rpm and neutral when going down hill
yes im a tight ass lolz

Q_ball
29-06-2006, 02:23 AM
buy a civic!

string
29-06-2006, 02:49 AM
um.. i own a DC2R i get about 450km ish out of a full tank just wondering what could i cheek / change to get the most km out of my car ?
i already change gears b4 3500rpm and neutral when going down hill
yes im a tight ass lolz
Accelerate slowly don't worry about the rpm, just do it slow. Decelerate early. Don't get up to speed limit when you know you'll be stopped for 30 seconds 100m down the road. KEEP IN GEAR down hills, you'll use less fuel and be more in control. Keep your air filter clean, new spark plugs/clean, new dizzy rotor/cap and you're gold. After this, the other half of fuel efficiency is driving style. Drive like a granny and you'll get good fuel economy. Drive like a race-car and you'll get the fuel economy of a race-car.

Failing that, if your still not satisfied; listen to q_ball :)

bungsai
29-06-2006, 07:21 PM
As said above, keep the car IN GEAR down hills, you will SAVE fuel and be more in CONTROL of the car.

Dont worry about 'granny shifting' at certain set points in rpm, its about accelerator and how much you push it. Learn to read traffic, anticipate when you can just roll, try and get your driving as smooth as possible, not just making ure gear shifts smooth but try and make you accleration, cruising, deceleration, cornering, everything, try and make it flow from one to another.

Example - No sudden accelerate then sudden braking...accelerate uniformly, cruise and brake uniformly...

The best thing about my first car was that it taught me how to drive efficiently, both power wise and fuel wise. It was a 1.3 Litre carby, and you cannot afford to have dis-jointed driving if you want to maintin a decent amount of speed without having to floor the car. Maybe borrow a crappy old 1.3l carby car or something.

Also, what petrol are you using? You say you are a tightass, so im guessing normal 91 octane. These are not scientific results, but i use Ultimate 98. It is on average 10 cents more per litre. My average fill up is 45 litres, thus $4.50. I can reach 600km's on one full tank in my VTiR, best i could muster was 515 on 95 octane 'premium' petrol. Turns out it was worth my money to go with the 98, if it was infact the cause of my bettered consumption.
Try that.

bennjamin
29-06-2006, 07:38 PM
check the air pressure in ur tyres. IF alittle low , add a few PSI - it reduces rolling resistance and will alter your fuel economy...more so as most driving is done around town

Q_ball
30-06-2006, 07:16 PM
imo if you wanted something to do more than 450 a tank, u shouldnt have got a dc2r.
they average roughly 450 normal driving through the city with the occasional squirt.
anymore and u'd have to be driving pretty much under 2k every gear.
450 is normal, anymore consider a blessing on a dc2.

|N|
30-06-2006, 07:19 PM
its not always the rpm u r on... lower rpm not equals to using less fuel...

just use less throttle la..
and dun roll in netual danger la

typsy
30-06-2006, 07:37 PM
450km? consider yourself lucky. Most of the time I just reach the 400km mark, with the ocassional vtec.

Does your DC2R have any mods?

egSi
01-07-2006, 12:25 AM
thats pretty crap economy imo.

also make sure u have no heavy stuff inside your boot etc and/or take some of ur interior out. saves heaps. mine crappy eg gets double what u get. i know its not the same car but damn, double? my car must be a freak lol.

DC2108
01-07-2006, 05:34 PM
well i like my DC2R i just wanted to know how to max it out km
but dont the rpm on down hill use pete?
oh i just finish a full tank wif no vtecing i got about 500 km
thanx guyz for the info

string
01-07-2006, 10:45 PM
but dont the rpm on down hill use pete?

Do you accelerate much down hills with no throttle in gear? Then there is your answer. It will use a little, but not as much as letting it idle (i.e. neutral)

Zilli
02-07-2006, 01:31 AM
jesus

im lucky to get 350 out of mine normal driving

aimre
02-07-2006, 01:39 AM
Accelerate slowly don't worry about the rpm, just do it slow. Decelerate early. Don't get up to speed limit when you know you'll be stopped for 30 seconds 100m down the road.

Mo offense, but if u really did that, i would click it so hard. i HATE ppl who drive under the limit. It just mean ppl behind you. or a couple of cars behind you will miss their set of lights, etc etc. screws evryone up.

Save petrol... buy a charade, or ir u wanna stick to honda, try a CT110

http://www.taishido-honda.com/jpg/ct110.JPG

DC2108
02-07-2006, 05:18 PM
aimre bro im not an idiot i onli put it in nutral when it a steep hill so constant speed

Mr_will
02-07-2006, 07:50 PM
aimre bro im not an idiot i onli put it in nutral when it a steep hill so constant speed

i assume from this ghetto garble you mean that you put it in neutral when going down a steep hill.

this will use more fuel, and is dangerous. keeping your car in gear will use LESS FUEL, and give you more control.

furthermore, being in neutral will be LESS effective in maintaining a constant speed as the rotational interia of the engine is not being applied to the wheels to help you slow down, so you must use your brakes instead.

shebangs
02-07-2006, 08:04 PM
Sell your dc2r and buy a stock eg civic. Sounds like more of your car. You don't deserve to drive the dc2r.

string
03-07-2006, 12:33 AM
Mo offense, but if u really did that, i would click it so hard. i HATE ppl who drive under the limit. It just mean ppl behind you. or a couple of cars behind you will miss their set of lights, etc etc. screws evryone up.

Save petrol... buy a charade, or ir u wanna stick to honda, try a CT110

//snip
Err... You are trying to create an argument from a scenario which I did not describe.

I don't drive under the speed limit for starters, and I think you need to take the number in my post literally. I'm NOT going to speed up to 60 then hit the brakes to come to a stop and wait even 15 seconds for the lights. I don't care if the president is greeting you; Me going 30kph for those 10 seconds means that I will will be stopped for 5 seconds, use less fuel in the process, not develop bad habits, all while your still right behind me no worse off. You won't miss your lights; In fact, i'm probably doing you a favour by keeping you from getting to full speed.

And driving style in this sense is hardly a laughing matter. It's going to be the difference between someone who gets 10L/100 and someone who gets 8L/100. Every bit counts, accelerating and decelerating slow doesn't cost you anything, and saves you something.

DC2108
03-07-2006, 01:43 AM
shebangs wtf dose saving pete got to do with i dont deserve a DC2R ? ?
can i not ask how to save pete ?

ne wayz thanx too pplz that help with the info !

Jomsy
03-07-2006, 09:52 AM
450kms is great fuel ecomony, im lucky to break the 400km mark, 300 if i give it a bit

drive your "R" the way honda designed it to be driven :)

aimre
05-07-2006, 02:26 AM
Err... You are trying to create an argument from a scenario which I did not describe.

I don't drive under the speed limit for starters, and I think you need to take the number in my post literally. I'm NOT going to speed up to 60 then hit the brakes to come to a stop and wait even 15 seconds for the lights. I don't care if the president is greeting you; Me going 30kph for those 10 seconds means that I will will be stopped for 5 seconds, use less fuel in the process, not develop bad habits, all while your still right behind me no worse off. You won't miss your lights; In fact, i'm probably doing you a favour by keeping you from getting to full speed.

And driving style in this sense is hardly a laughing matter. It's going to be the difference between someone who gets 10L/100 and someone who gets 8L/100. Every bit counts, accelerating and decelerating slow doesn't cost you anything, and saves you something.

sorry man, i was drunk:zip::zip:

i do that too, unless there are many cars behind me, cos then honestly u do start to hold ppl up