PDA

View Full Version : Blue speedo dials

zerospel
30-06-2006, 03:38 PM
Hey guys

I have got one of those leading edge dials if anyone remembers it from 5yrs ago or so, it is white dials for the speedo and as you switch on the light it glows blue

Now the problem is that it doesnt light up the blue light anymore its just dead

Anyone know what could be the problem for this? the fuse or is it the actual dials stuffed up? if its the fuse which fuse would it be?
(my stock speedo lights still works)

Thanks heaps

chunky
30-06-2006, 03:58 PM
....wtf?

topsecret
01-07-2006, 07:46 PM
Bring it back to were you purchased it from :thumbsup:

blk_shadow
02-07-2006, 02:08 AM
when did have the dials since?
I got the same problem, and I ended up took the whole thing out

zerospel
02-07-2006, 11:23 AM
Hey guys

I bought it around end of 99 from memory and I cant remember when it died but it wasnt very long after I bought it, maybe between 1-2 years later :thumbdwn:

I pulled everything apart the other day and pretty sure now the whole thing is stuffed up I thought it was the fuse or something.

And unfortunately the place where I bought it from is no longer there, I bought it from hybrid vision in chatswood and it has been a while...

I was going to get everything back to normal but I accidentaly gashed the stock gauge so I had to put the crappy white dials back on to hide the gash
:(

blk_shadow
02-07-2006, 11:39 AM
man, sorry to say this,
but those dials (taiwanese version) last about 2-3 years (mine's 3 years). except when you buy the japanese version one.
the fuse box (the small black box) is usually the case from the damage.

if you want to buy again, make sure get the japanese one. :thumbsup:

EK4R
02-07-2006, 02:45 PM
i still got mine and it workins fine. turns blue n green. however it has a small buzzin noise when its blue... any1 know the cause?

ps. now is your chance to find and buy a ek9 cluster :) looks better too...

zerospel
04-07-2006, 02:11 PM
I thought of the ek9 cluster but mine is only the gli :(

blk_shadow
04-07-2006, 11:05 PM
yeah...gotta change the engine first before you can fit that in:D