PDA

View Full Version : suggesstions on lowering dc4

chi_gsi
30-06-2006, 05:33 PM
ey just looking get a set of Coilovers for my dc4, lookin to lower it by 1" or 1.5", anyone has a good sugesstion wot brand/type of Coilovers + springs i should get? or any good shop in melb to get em?
nothin too expensiver, around $1000 maybe?!?!:D
ta

bungsai
30-06-2006, 05:44 PM
what are you after? you going to track the car? or you just want to ride low?

if you just wanna ride low, best go for a set of koni's + eibach springs or something...that should set you back about $1300 installed, and you wont need to get ITR rear lower control arms to fit the shocks.

If you are lucky you can get a set of coilovers that are specifically made for a dc4/2 non R, or a set of coilovers that are specifically made for and EG civic, these too will fit without ITR lower control arms.

If not you want some awesome handling stuff that can handle the track too, go for Tein Super Streets. You will need ITR rear lower control arms but these coilovers are great, they can be soft, pretty much like stock and really low, and you can bump them up to be quite stiff and uncomfortable (but great for the track). I saw a pair for $1300 installed with ITR lower control arms in sydney recently in the traders section.

If you want stiff racing stuff then have a look at cusco, tein (HA, RA, FLEX?), buddy club, hks, GAB, etc.

You have a pretty decent budget, so you should stay away from just replacing the springs if you can.

Cheers

Matt

chi_gsi
30-06-2006, 07:53 PM
ar k cool thankS
yea just a low ride, not bulding a track car

Q_ball
30-06-2006, 11:37 PM
ar k cool thankS
yea just a low ride, not bulding a track car
king springs :)

egSi