PDA

View Full Version : advice on modding a 05 ES1 sedan

blk05gli
30-06-2006, 07:45 PM
Finally my car has hit 40K and the new car smell has gone, hehehe, now i'm thinking of modding my sedan, anybody been down the path with this car - i am thinking K&N typhoon intake (US), local exhaust shop for 2" cat back and twin tailpipe muffler.

Any advice on whether there are any seat-of-the pants gains to be had? I am not after max power, just something to keep up with traffic?

aznpsuazn
01-07-2006, 04:50 PM
ur not keeping up with traffic already? exhaust and intake would be the first step. if done properly without cutting corners you should be satisfied with the results and not feel the need to keep up to any more traffic.

nugget666
01-07-2006, 05:20 PM
Make sure when yo uget your exhaust its mandrel bent and not press bent. If you want more gains i would go for a full exhaust system.

your exhaust is as good as the smallest bottleneck << if that makes sense

krogoth
01-07-2006, 08:00 PM
Finally my car has hit 40K and the new car smell has gone, hehehe, now i'm thinking of modding my sedan, anybody been down the path with this car - i am thinking K&N typhoon intake (US), local exhaust shop for 2" cat back and twin tailpipe muffler.

Any advice on whether there are any seat-of-the pants gains to be had? I am not after max power, just something to keep up with traffic?

OMG, if u get twinz, u gota post pics, thatll look bloody awesome, lol, but get a new reer bumber for it and cut some holes for da twinz

gambate
01-07-2006, 09:41 PM
my suggestion is to get better tyre and suspension system first

blk05gli
01-07-2006, 10:13 PM
OMG, if u get twinz, u gota post pics, thatll look bloody awesome, lol, but get a new reer bumber for it and cut some holes for da twinz

i meant single muffler with twin tail pipes, not twin exhaust, i you know what I mean.

as for suspension setup and wheels, thats further on down the track for me. I

thanks for the info re: exhausts, I will check out prices on mon.

krogoth
01-07-2006, 10:16 PM
lol, sorry misread ur post, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, twin tail pipezz..........

Limbo
01-07-2006, 10:19 PM
make sure you get it done properly or you will regret the exhaust. I've had a few in my time and they are a pain to fix once someone has already bodged it up.