PDA

View Full Version : Ctr Grill

turbo convert
01-07-2006, 01:01 AM
Hi
iam new to honda world i have come over from skylines went to crazy with engine mods and then couldnt afford to run anymore oh well had my fun, anyways i am buying a ej8 (as i have read thats the lingo) 97 vti coupe
anyways i like the Ctr grill (thats i think what everyone uses)
but where can i get this and how much? also is it as simple as out with the old and in with the new?

Also are the aftermarket lips able to DIY bolt up???

and lastly i want to get sideskirt which is in black colour coded to the car but cant afford to leave my car at the spray shop do you know if these come off so i can just drop them off to spray??

Thankyou:D

CTR Coupe
01-07-2006, 01:31 AM
Ok a genuine CTR grill for a 96-98 front end are quite rare and will probably set you back around the 300 mark. You should be able to find yourself a copy grill for around 100-150 mark (from memory I haven’t bought one). The genuine one will fit right in the fibreglass copies I’m not sure hopefully someone with one will be able to tell you.
I did a diy job on my standard grill (cut the centre out and mount mesh in there)

Aftermarket lips made from fibreglass etc may have some trouble fitting they usually don’t come out perfect especially if they are a copy item. Usually copy lips don’t come with any mounting holes and need to have them drilled/glued.

I had my side skirts and bumper strips painted off the car. They are held on with clips be careful not to break any removing your side skirts as they are quite expensive to replace.

mrwillz
01-07-2006, 10:51 AM
do a search on noob forums
theres a thread about this
and even a link in one of the threads to DIY grille for 96-98
hint hint

turbo convert
01-07-2006, 01:01 PM

AZ51LK
02-07-2006, 02:47 PM
welcome to the world of OzHonda. hope you enjoy your stay mate.

i drive an ej8 too. great machines. just a tip for OH mate. dont ever post anything. always use google and the search function.

when it comes to modding your car, let me explain the procedure: from lips, rear lips and OEM side skirts, and lower it. that is what you are going to do. that is all you are going to do. anything else is frowned upon.

other than that, enjoy your stay :)

turbo convert
02-07-2006, 04:20 PM

i drive an ej8 too. great machines. just a tip for OH mate. dont ever post anything. always use google and the search function.

when it comes to modding your car, let me explain the procedure: from lips, rear lips and OEM side skirts, and lower it. that is what you are going to do. that is all you are going to do. anything else is frowned upon.

:eek: Ok take it easy i will google in future rather than asking

AZ51LK
02-07-2006, 04:25 PM
:eek: Ok take it easy i will google in future rather than asking
hehe i was just being a smart arse mate. just ignore me for future refernce

turbo convert
02-07-2006, 05:37 PM
noted

simbadda54
02-07-2006, 06:47 PM
265 from jdm yard or diy which would be the best thing to do.

mrwillz
02-07-2006, 08:39 PM
265?!

check race nation
theyy're 100<

Rico
03-07-2006, 10:38 AM

AHAHHAHA geez that was the funniest yet truest thing ive ever read!

turbo convert
05-07-2006, 05:13 PM
dont worry braught em1 instead