PDA

View Full Version : help installing alpine headunit on a civic 2002

joey_kev
01-07-2006, 11:31 AM
hi,

I took out the standard headunit and found all the wiring have different colours with the alpine wiring
How do I connect them?
and there is a yellow wire from the alpine which marked: High Current Draw. connect directly to fuse or battery, do not connect behind the dashboard. What does this mean?

the headunit is alpine 9815

quick help please

aka_NSX
01-07-2006, 12:34 PM
hi,

I took out the standard headunit and found all the wiring have different colours with the alpine wiring
How do I connect them?
and there is a yellow wire from the alpine which marked: High Current Draw. connect directly to fuse or battery, do not connect behind the dashboard. What does this mean?

the headunit is alpine 9815

quick help please

OEM wiring always has different colour with aftermarket headunit, thats mean u need to test them one by one use a multimeter or test light,

the yellow wire need a direct cable from the battery since the unit is a HIGH POWER O/P

zorrt
01-07-2006, 12:43 PM
http://www.installdr.com/Harnesses/HA-Wiring.pdf

That show your wiring on the honda. Just match it to the ones on your alpine HU. You might want to invest in a wiring harness (can be found from supercheap etc etc). That way theres no need to cut your wires on your car.

About the second question I have no idea what they mean by connect behind the dashboard. But generally yellow is 12v constant. Some HU have an inline fuse in that line. Personally I would disregard the "dashboard comment" and just wire it up as I'd do with any other HU.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong as I've never had experience in installing Alpine HU so I'm unaware if they need special wiring done.

aka_NSX
01-07-2006, 01:11 PM
About the second question I have no idea what they mean by connect behind the dashboard. But generally yellow is 12v constant. Some HU have an inline fuse in that line. Personally I would disregard the "dashboard comment" and just wire it up as I'd do with any other HU.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong as I've never had experience in installing Alpine HU so I'm unaware if they need special wiring done.

on some Alpine or other brand u need to connect the yellow direct to the Battery, since they are a high power o/p so has got a high current draw, if connect it behind the dashboard, u might blown the fuse or melt the OEM wiring

zorrt
01-07-2006, 02:32 PM
you serious? learn something new everyday :]

Mattski_VTIR
03-07-2006, 05:18 PM
Many of the new Headunits have highpowered amp's that usually require a 12 guage wire. Wiring this straight to the OEM loom could cause damage to the car or your headunit. Like others have mentioned, good idea to run wire directly to the battery (check what amp fuse the head unit uses, and install the same amp fuse inline close to the battery. (just for safety)