PDA

View Full Version : security code for the OEM stereo

ichiban
01-07-2006, 11:50 AM
left my headlights on the other day and the battery went flat :( now the OEM radio/cd player is asking for a security code. where could i find out what this code is? my car is a 98 accord (6th gen) which we bought 2nd hand.

any help is appreciated, I miss my music... :o

aka_NSX
01-07-2006, 11:59 AM
left my headlights on the other day and the battery went flat :( now the OEM radio/cd player is asking for a security code. where could i find out what this code is? my car is a 98 accord (6th gen) which we bought 2nd hand.

any help is appreciated, I miss my music... :o

try to have a look in ur manual book, or try to find out which dealer did the previous owner buy the car from, then ring them up they should be able to give u the code

jdm_kid
01-07-2006, 12:09 PM
ring up ur dealer ship where the car came from n provide ur VIN number and they will give u the code

ichiban
01-07-2006, 12:19 PM
ring up ur dealer ship where the car came from n provide ur VIN number and they will give u the code

schweet ^_^ so i just need to provide the VIN? would they charge me anything for that though?

jdm_kid
01-07-2006, 12:23 PM
schweet ^_^ so i just need to provide the VIN? would they charge me anything for that though?

same thing happen to my dads car, i just ran up, and provided them with the VIN or REGO and gave it to me :) but i cant remember if they asked for the VIN or REGO, was a loong time ago

aka_NSX
01-07-2006, 12:26 PM

nah they shouldnt charge u anything

Zdster
01-07-2006, 12:32 PM
Rego should be enough.

aka_NSX
01-07-2006, 12:43 PM
Rego should be enough.

but sometime they prefer VIN rather then REGO coz some car has got too many rego changed since new ................

ichiban
01-07-2006, 12:44 PM
mind you we bought the car 2nd hand from a car yard (not an actual honda dealer). in that case should i call the local official honda dealer? Trivett classic honda in sydney

jdm_kid
01-07-2006, 12:55 PM
doesnt matter still ring a honda dealer ship lol DO IT NOW