PDA

View Full Version : whats the safe level of boost for b16a

fknidt
01-07-2006, 06:02 PM
hi

i have an ek4 turbo. my block is basicly stock. is it safe to be pushing about .7 bar => 10psi on the stock b16a?

panda[cRx]
01-07-2006, 06:17 PM
personally with a stock block i'd only be running 6-8psi

but some people run that much and don't have any problems

LowEk
01-07-2006, 07:38 PM
ask PRO-ECU he is running 5psi and getting like 160kws.

sivic
01-07-2006, 07:55 PM
its not so much a question of the block but more so the quality of the tune

ECU-MAN
01-07-2006, 09:52 PM
8psi is safe..

anything higher is pushing it for a stocky

ProECU
01-07-2006, 11:30 PM
You should base your decision on HP output, peak cylinder pressures (effected by cam phasing) cylinder temps, exhaust system...

It's not psi that kills a motor. I wouldn't be listening to anyone who is quick to put a psi limit on a motor because they've read so on some internet site, especially when they have ZERO experience with a boosted application.

If you dont know what i'm talking about, speak to your tuner and not some internet mechanic.

btw: no-one here asked what turbo you will be using...

yfin
01-07-2006, 11:50 PM
Nice post Proecu but the venom part wasn't really necessary...

BananaBoat
02-07-2006, 01:32 AM
I think you're reading too much into it yfin

yfin
02-07-2006, 08:57 PM
I think you're reading too much into it yfin

No i am not - Proecu knows exactly what I am talking about.

ProECU
02-07-2006, 09:42 PM
If it bothers you that much, bitch about it in your mod forums, no one wants to hear your opinion.....facts only please.

saxman
02-07-2006, 09:50 PM
You should base your decision on HP output, peak cylinder pressures (effected by cam phasing) cylinder temps, exhaust system...

It's not psi that kills a motor. I wouldn't be listening to anyone who is quick to put a psi limit on a motor because they've read so on some internet site, especially when they have ZERO experience with a boosted application.

If you dont know what i'm talking about, speak to your tuner and not some internet mechanic.

btw: no-one here asked what turbo you will be using...
also worth considering what fuel management is being used(which will in turn effect egt's, etc)...

i.e. you can safely run a good bit more boost on a well tuned ecu than you can on an fmu, even if everything else is kept identical...

also need to consider what grade fuel is being used, and all sorts of other fun stuff...