PDA

View Full Version : Cracked resonator

De_Cruelz
02-07-2006, 03:36 PM
Hey guys, just did my 100K KM full major service over at Scotts Honda. Told them to check my exhaust system as I can hear some rattling sound and it seems the resonator is cracked. According to Honda it'll take a week or longer to have the parts sent from Japan with parts + labour cost ammounting to $1100.

Obviously i'm not gonna go with that option with the daylight robbery and i'm also saving up for a new sports clutch and flywheel. How serious is a cracked resonator apart from sounding a little louder than its supposed to be? Also where exactly is the resonator placed along the exhaust system? This is making me itch to go for an exhaust upgrade first and do the clutch + flywheel a little later as they're both still in good condition. Not looking for anything particularly loud as its gonna annoy the hell out of me while cruising. From what I read in the forums it seems the Fujitsubo Power Getter and Spoon N1 are good choices, quiet during idle and low revs but starts screaming as you go WOT.

Slow96GSR
03-07-2006, 02:36 PM
Are you talking about the resonator or the cat? I know the cat is way too expensive coming in at $1300USD from the stealership and a resonator is only $100USD from anywhere!

Cold Fusion
04-07-2006, 12:12 AM
yeh i think regardless of which resinator there tlaking about there trying to rip you off, a intake resinator is no more than 100 and a new cat converter is about the same...go to a diff merchanic and ask them to look at it!

De_Cruelz
04-07-2006, 03:18 AM
Yea, I knew that the price quoted was a total rip off and the lady who arranged my service told me that I should just have it fixed outside for much less.

I'm currently looking at a Fujitsubo RM-01 though, just the perfect sound that I want too! Anyone know where I can get that here in Sydney?

Limbo
04-07-2006, 09:06 AM
The price you got quoted that's nearly a whole new exhaust system and prob what they are giving you as honda generally do not give just one part.

kousoku
04-07-2006, 11:11 AM
I'm currently looking at a Fujitsubo RM-01 though, just the perfect sound that I want too! Anyone know where I can get that here in Sydney?

one or more of the traders here might be able to hook you up, its a very nice system.

arron
06-07-2006, 01:18 AM
Just might let you know that i have a spoon N1 muffler fitted (and only the muffler coz im just testing out exhaust mufflers at the moment) and its pretty loud.. there's a constant droning in the cabin and the bass can sometimes get to you... but sounds marvelous on WOT..