PDA

View Full Version : vtec head

Nervegas
02-07-2006, 04:16 PM
How would you go adding a vtec head to a non vtec accord???
i've got a 95 accord exi and want to know what the whole vtec is like and i'm not too fussed on a h22a transpant as the f22b is still going strong with 118k on the clock. would it be a reasonably easy mod for a mechanic to do or would some serious work need to be done for it to work correctly

razaman
02-07-2006, 06:05 PM
I've read that you would need:

"Head, solenoid, timing belt, distributor, ecu, wiring harness, possibly new gaskets and I don't think the non-vtec block has the proper oiling lines."

That's alot of cash for 15hp!

Raz

EuroDude
02-07-2006, 07:29 PM
Installing a tame turbo (maybe 5psi) may be a more feasible option if you are only after a small performance increase.

Nervegas
03-07-2006, 11:10 AM
i've been looking at the turbo kit option for it as well. bout US$3500 for a t3/4 hybrid kit that run on stock internals at about 7/8 psi. that might be the way to go then

Mr_will
03-07-2006, 01:58 PM
How would you go adding a vtec head to a non vtec accord???
i've got a 95 accord exi and want to know what the whole vtec is like and i'm not too fussed on a h22a transpant as the f22b is still going strong with 118k on the clock. would it be a reasonably easy mod for a mechanic to do or would some serious work need to be done for it to work correctly

youll run into the same problems as the folk doing ls/vtec conversions, ie a b16a head, for example, on an LS block - the bore and stroke are not suited to high revving so you face a much lower redline if you want your engine to last, ie not bend rods from hitting peak cylinder pressure when not at TDC, so you lose a lot of the high revving benefits of vtec.

why not consider a full engine swap? it will give you more power, and much better reliability than turbo or a vtec head transplant