PDA

View Full Version : Clutch feel funny?

spetz
03-07-2006, 06:29 AM
So
I took my car for a really really good thrashing
And the next day, the clutch felt funny. There was heaps of freeplay, and the engagement point was a lot lower (ie, depressed the clutch less)

And then, after parking it and going back to it, it became normal.

What can that be?

bennjamin
03-07-2006, 08:01 AM
if in the mitsu its hydraulic , check your clutch fluid level...might be dirty/air bubbles in the clutch line.

elim
03-07-2006, 08:47 AM
yeah it sounds like it's clutch fluid/pressure related.

spetz I don't mean to hijack but since we're on the topic of clutches:

I have a similar problem as spetz.

If I thrash my car hard, my clutch feels abit funny. How funny ?
Well when I step on the pedal, it feels abit squishy, it feels like a spring is being compressed and minor vibration is felt at the pedal. It doesn't feel like it's a problem at the pedal but more remote so I'm thinking near the clutch area. However if i pump the clutch pedal twice let's say, then it feels normal again.

Only happens if I full thrash it but normal driving is perfect. I have flushed the clutch fluid and it's still the same.

I have a strong feeling my clutch might start to show some signs of wear. Anyone know for sure or have any ideas what's the go?

Thanks in advance.

spetz
03-07-2006, 02:10 PM
This is the first time it happened to me

And I was changing gears without pressing the clutch the night before, and sidestepping it on launch and into the next gears

I have vibrations too from the clutch pedal. I was told it's a main end bearing and a new engine is being built now. But I don't know if it really is, as it's been about 10,000km and I haven't been taking it easy either

And yes Ben it's a hydraulic clutch. I'll check fluids today :)

Limbo
03-07-2006, 10:23 PM
bleed the clutch that should solve both your problems