View Full Version : Bodykit Blueprints

kerim
04-07-2006, 11:33 PM
guys, where can i get blueprints for bodykits,
thanks

panda[cRx]
05-07-2006, 12:07 AM
blueprints?

what exactly are you after and for what purpose?

kits are usually made from moulds so if you want to copy a kit yourself you would need the mould

kerim
05-07-2006, 12:17 PM
i need like the full specifications as i want to send them overseas so i can get them made
sending an actual sample there will cost a fortune

Q_ball
08-07-2006, 03:27 PM
Wouldn't blue prints of kits only be available from the actual original manufacturer of the bodykit??
And due to this fact, wouldn't the blueprints be "copyrighted" hence you sending another company the blue prints of the kit be illegal unless approved?

JaCe
11-07-2006, 10:44 AM
Well replicas usually aren't legal anyway!

EK9_boi
11-07-2006, 11:15 AM
']blueprints?

what exactly are you after and for what purpose?

kits are usually made from moulds so if you want to copy a kit yourself you would need the mould

exactly, sounds like something's up here! :thumbdwn:

Q_ball
11-07-2006, 11:18 AM
Well replicas usually aren't legal anyway!
Manufacturers who produce replicas usually have the written right from the original company of manufacture to copy them.

Slow96GSR
11-07-2006, 04:50 PM
No company will release their blue prints to an individual. A company would pay hundreds of thousands or in the millions for that info. Good luck!

kerim
11-07-2006, 05:09 PM
im getting some bodykits down form a manufacturer in china, but the thing is he doesnt have some styles i want, and doesnt have styles for particular cars, he told me that if i send him the specs/blueprints, he can get them made, if i send him a mould for every bar i want him to make imagine how much freight will cost,
for example, the cwest f/b for 99 civic, he aint got it so i want him to make but need the exact specs so he can make em for me

i hope this makes it abit clearer for u guys

Q_ball
11-07-2006, 05:13 PM
im getting some bodykits down form a manufacturer in china, but the thing is he doesnt have some styles i want, and doesnt have styles for particular cars, he told me that if i send him the specs/blueprints, he can get them made, if i send him a mould for every bar i want him to make imagine how much freight will cost,
for example, the cwest f/b for 99 civic, he aint got it so i want him to make but need the exact specs so he can make em for me

i hope this makes it abit clearer for u guys
Thats illegal man!

JaCe
11-07-2006, 09:32 PM
Manufacturers who produce replicas usually have the written right from the original company of manufacture to copy them.

Judging by the context of the first post, I assumed (and was right) that he was asking so that he could get it custom made.

Q_ball
11-07-2006, 10:36 PM
It doesnt matter what he wants them for, the point is, if he requires a design/blueprint of a companys product, in this case a front bar...then hes gonna need some sort of authorization to use it.

JaCe
11-07-2006, 11:11 PM
True.

On a sidenote, not that I encourage/condone such behaviour, but my cousins have told me that the ones in Malaysia can (attempt to) create a replica based on photos.... maybe your contact in China can do the same?

kerim
11-07-2006, 11:15 PM
True.

On a sidenote, not that I encourage/condone such behaviour, but my cousins have told me that the ones in Malaysia can (attempt to) create a replica based on photos.... maybe your contact in China can do the same?

ey man, i thought about that but the thing is it wont be a 100% fit, like it would be very hard to get the exact specs, it will be very hard

Also i understand where the other guys are coming from, when u really think of it it sort of is illegal, as most of the styles are copyrighted,

How about replicating replicas, is that still illegal, like u wouldnt know where it came from

JaCe
12-07-2006, 09:26 PM
I guess technically it's not illegal in the sense they are just recreating it from an image- but if you send them "stolen blueprints", then that would probably constitute some form of IP breach whether it be copyright breach (derivative work) or patent breach perhaps; or even design.

As for the not 100% fit- usually (from what I've heard)- when you undertake such a modification, it requires them to fit/weld/modify it to your car and that requires quite a bit of effort to make it fit and look okay.

SKREMN
13-07-2006, 11:51 PM
either buy the original or get one copyied locally
i used to rip off other designs make moulds and sell the kits without there name on it
and no i dont do this anymore

i_own_you
16-07-2006, 02:20 AM
fibreglass is never a 100% fit.

why not custom made it here instead of it being in china. although it might be cheaper making one in china but how much will it cost to send it back here? considering the facts that 1. the size of it, 2. will get damage in some sort ect etc...