PDA

View Full Version : brakes opinions

Uncouth
05-07-2006, 05:08 AM
hi guys, my brake disc are warped? anyway, im going to have new disc with new pads. but im not gonna be spending alot on them but i hope to have something that bites well. so what u guys reckon?? by the way, im driving just the D15B.

please note that i have actually machined my present disc n new pads less than 1 yr ago... and now its warped!! i think thats about too fast! so anyone of you guys out there might have a clue to why?? i dun brake that hard.. just normal city driving.

help would be much appreciated!!

JasonGilholme
05-07-2006, 05:31 AM
DBA all the way man!!!!

EGB16A
05-07-2006, 08:15 AM
Warped disk happen usually because of hard braking, or shit quality disks are being used.

My advice would be to spend the money on some nice brembo or DBA disks when you going get your brakes sorted out.

I find that the Xdrilled / slotted ones eat up the brake pad alot quicker though, or maybe its the pads i have? LOL

JasonGilholme
05-07-2006, 08:39 AM
Slotted & Drilled will eat away more then just slotted. But if you get a descent performance pad with your new slotted disc you should be a happy camper.

There will always be slightly more wear/brake dust due to the brakes being able to grip more. Its inevitable.