PDA

View Full Version : Tein SS

siksivic
05-07-2006, 04:18 PM
Hey guys just some feed back on the tein super streets, as i am in the market for coilovers . They will be prodominatly for street use but will be used on the track sometimes ..what is the ride like ... btw they are for an eg civic..
im gettin these at a good price brand new but for the same price i have found some zeal's (second hand) dont know the model but they are height and dampener adjustable have verry little km's on them
Which are better for my situation ,

Thanks in advance

bennjamin
05-07-2006, 04:26 PM
IMo do NOT buy second hand coilovers. They run much harder spring rates and internal workings han any other normal street shocks.This also is hard to tell the exact internal condition and age/use...just buy new !

I had tein SS before and they are fine for everyday use - BUT they will only go low not "dumped"

Keep in mind , you need EG6 coilovers ~ which require the DC2R or EG6 rear lower control arms to fit your EG ( + $150)

jdm16
06-07-2006, 08:27 AM
But they bring out the Tein SS' for the forks dont they?

bennjamin
06-07-2006, 06:36 PM
But they bring out the Tein SS' for the forks dont they?

depends on the application...but for EG/DC they are all bush style ~ afaik there is the fork style for the DB8 (5 door integra) and the EK9

timofytit
06-07-2006, 08:56 PM
I've got SS's on my DC5R, they are great for street, i haven't tested them on the track though. I've found they can be adjusted much softer than the factory R ones, therefore you can get that comfortable ride. They also go much firmer than the factory ones. I have had no problems with them and find them perfect for what i need. Handling wise, they are awesome, it holds to the road much better now. Also i find i can get better lauches and more responsive steering. Another plus is when purchased new, you get a 2yr waranty if you need it. If they wear out, you can get them refurbed here in aus from fulcrum suspension. Always buy Suspension new. You are taking your life into your own hands if you dont.

boggey
07-07-2006, 02:59 AM
yeah take the new one's even though they have low km's u dont know how hard they were pushed during those kilometres. And yeah go the tein just ordered mine 3 days ago, and ive heard heaps of good stuff about them.

aznpsuazn
11-07-2006, 05:46 AM
Where did you order the Teins from Boggey and how long do they take to deliver ?

boggey
14-07-2006, 12:25 PM
i ordered from hondapwr trader on this forum. i got em for $1780 which included delivery it comes with 1 year warranty thats wat the guy told me.
And delivery was only 3 days from payment.
But my cars a dc5 wat car is urs? Cause other honda's r cheaper for tein ss.
But also iam not sure whether theres a difference but i got the jdm version of the tein ss but supposidly the Aus ones r tuned for Aus conditions (not sure).
And i havent installed em yet still waiting for a rear camber kit to come but hv heard good thing bout em so i cant wait.

JasonGilholme
14-07-2006, 01:19 PM
Aparently the Aus delivered version are alot softer compared to the JDM version. They have much better roads then us.

bennjamin
14-07-2006, 01:27 PM
Aparently the Aus delivered version are alot softer compared to the JDM version. They have much better roads then us.

"coilovers" are made for the track not the road :)
The "locally" made coilovers are revalved for aussie roads in general for a smoother/softer ride.

timofytit
14-07-2006, 05:14 PM
i ordered from hondapwr trader on this forum. i got em for $1780 which included delivery it comes with 1 year warranty thats wat the guy told me.
And delivery was only 3 days from payment.
But my cars a dc5 wat car is urs? Cause other honda's r cheaper for tein ss.
But also iam not sure whether theres a difference but i got the jdm version of the tein ss but supposidly the Aus ones r tuned for Aus conditions (not sure).
And i havent installed em yet still waiting for a rear camber kit to come but hv heard good thing bout em so i cant wait.

Australian spec Teins that are the only legal ones in aus, come with a 2 year warranty!!