PDA

View Full Version : Trip Computer Accord V6

Bruster
05-07-2006, 05:06 PM
Hi Guys,

My mother in law just picked up her 2006 Accord Euro luxury model.
2006 model now comes with a Trip Computer, fuel coms, avg speed...etc

How easy would this be installing on the V6 version?
Has anyone attempted doing this?

Because i thinking of purchasing the V6 but really want the little luxury's such as Trip Computer.

What you guys think?

cheers
Bru

Dray_Templar
05-07-2006, 05:08 PM
mate nice idea, not sure if it has been done yet or not, but would love to hear more about it. or if you decide to give it a go, make up a DIY for me..

think it would be worth the time if you can do it thow. keep me posted ;)

Bruster
05-07-2006, 05:11 PM
mate nice idea, not sure if it has been done yet or not, but would love to hear more about it. or if you decide to give it a go, make up a DIY for me..

think it would be worth the time if you can do it thow. keep me posted ;)

Yeah, im not really that good with Electric's.
I would be willing to pay someone though, i would be scared in voiding Warranty if i stuff up.

Its abit weird both cars are similar in price, the V6 comes from Thailand yet it offers less...apart from V6 engine that is.

BiLL|z0r
05-07-2006, 07:40 PM
If I were you I wouldn't bother, sounds like too much playing around and at the end of the day would it really be that acurate?

EuroDude
05-07-2006, 08:32 PM
Is the ECU on the 2003-2005 euros the same as 2006?

The 2006 ECU may have new code to calculate the fuel consumption. And I really doubt the euro ECU is compatible with the V6.

Bruster
06-07-2006, 12:16 PM
If I were you I wouldn't bother, sounds like too much playing around and at the end of the day would it really be that acurate?

i just assumed its just an AD ON accessory
for example Mazda3 in America have this option which i believe could easily be added on to the Aus version.

The Accord version looks like they added a control to the steering wheel and a small lcd dash .... damn i wish i was electrician.