PDA

View Full Version : ERROR: "SEC" ? in headunit.

jdmlvn
05-07-2006, 07:59 PM
Hey.
im currently having trouble with my cd-player in my car.
the power is travelling to it fine.
but it consistently says "SEC"
i cant do anything about it.
and it wont play music anymore.
but i can take the cd in and out.

any help i thank in advanced.

king regards Gary:wave:

EDIT: this vehicle is a '02 rav4

Fr3aKi3
05-07-2006, 08:04 PM
Has the battery run flat recently? Or has anyone disconnected it?

Is it a stock cd player? If so then i'd guess that SEC is probably short for SECURITY. To get rid of it you'll need to enter in the security code which should've been supplied when you purchased the car. If you don't have it then you can always go to a toyota dealership to get it cleared and get it working again but they'll charge you for it and i'm not sure how much it'd be either.

Or take the as a sign, it's time to upgrade... lol

r`Geno
05-07-2006, 08:11 PM
^ the security code should be on a card (size of bank card) inside your car manual

jdmlvn
05-07-2006, 08:15 PM
Has the battery run flat recently? Or has anyone disconnected it?

Is it a stock cd player? If so then i'd guess that SEC is probably short for SECURITY. To get rid of it you'll need to enter in the security code which should've been supplied when you purchased the car. If you don't have it then you can always go to a toyota dealership to get it cleared and get it working again but they'll charge you for it and i'm not sure how much it'd be either.

Or take the as a sign, it's time to upgrade... lol
yes, its a standard cd-player which came from the toyota factory.
that sounds right.
sec = security.
but i cant entre in any pin because its like the nummber buttons are disabled.

Fr3aKi3
05-07-2006, 08:23 PM
Do you still have the user manual? It'll tell you how to enter it. There is a sequence of buttons you have to press or a couple buttons you press simultaneously before you are allowed to enter in the code.

jdmlvn
05-07-2006, 08:29 PM
its too dark now. ill do it in the morning and tell you guys what the problem was.

CUL8R
06-07-2006, 12:08 AM
if u cant find the security code give honda a call and they can retrieve it for u if u give em ur vin

scott1e
06-07-2006, 12:41 AM
No no..

My family have a number of new-ish cars and I have entered these codes a number of times. SEC is definitely a security code.. My security code was printed out on a page from Toyota in the manual. From memory there is something you need to do like hold a number down to be able to enter the code.. Or perhaps you have to enter the code anyway, despite not being able to see it.. Read through the manual and you will definitely be able to get around this problem

jdmlvn
07-07-2006, 10:32 AM
problem solved. thanks guys