PDA

View Full Version : "06" Legend due.

rollin_high
05-07-2006, 08:43 PM
hey guys! anyone who's interested in the new Legend...Honda has estimated it will be reaching our shores early to mid August. BETTER START SAVING.... DOESNT LOOK CHEAP!

thatdbeme
06-07-2006, 04:37 PM
hey guys! anyone who's interested in the new Legend...Honda has estimated it will be reaching our shores early to mid August. BETTER START SAVING.... DOESNT LOOK CHEAP!

psyched as, but cant afford one yet

incoming
06-07-2006, 04:51 PM
links / pics?

thatdbeme
09-07-2006, 11:42 AM
google is your friend
look at the current Acura RL in the US

Menthu Rae
09-07-2006, 04:04 PM
There's a little bit of a review of it on the latest fifth gear ( www.finalgear.com )

UNLS1
10-07-2006, 12:05 PM
dealer principal launches are on the 10th of aug in melb so yes to late august to early sept for delivery
we are still not to sure on pricing but rumor has it will be between 70 - 80k but most people know that anyway..

we need it coz honda are not bringing MDX to australia anymore

-jimmy

UNLS1
14-07-2006, 02:49 PM
well im booked in for the legend drive day on the 7th of August @ Sandown raceway..

Cant wait

there are now a few legends in the country! 217kws!

aaronng
14-07-2006, 03:31 PM
Waiting for your review on the Legend. :) A sandown drive day for the legend.... wow.

bigdongers
14-07-2006, 06:22 PM
we need it coz honda are not bringing MDX to australia anymore

-jimmy

Why are Honda not bringing in the MDX anymore? And how is bringing in a Legend going to satisfy drivers who want a 7 seater that can go off road in luxury?

aaronng
15-07-2006, 12:45 AM
Why are Honda not bringing in the MDX anymore? And how is bringing in a Legend going to satisfy drivers who want a 7 seater that can go off road in luxury?
It's because the MDX will only be made in LHD. No more RHD units will be made so none that can be sold in Australia.

UNLS1
15-07-2006, 09:51 AM
japan decided they dont want it so we wont get it!

and everything aaronng said is correct too! :)

im not too excited bout the legend round sandown, honda wont let as do hot laps in them only with the drivers from murcots...

We only get to do the steet drive....they give us a map we put in the sat nav and we drive all around melb...thats kinda fun though

aaronng
15-07-2006, 11:43 AM
I just watched the Fifth Gear review between the Legend, A6 and 530i. Sad to say, the Legend was 7 seconds behidn the 530i on a UK track (1:2x lap time). That is pretty slow. But they did say that it was because of the soft suspension.

rakfint
15-07-2006, 01:53 PM
personally I would never expect a legend to be a performance car, sure they're not bad but ultimately their goal is luxury, stock suspension is expected to be soft for the comfort right?

boggey
16-07-2006, 11:45 AM
hehehe when i get my hands on one it aint gonna have soft suspension.

panda[cRx]
17-07-2006, 01:19 PM
i doubt many people on ozhonda can afford the new legend seeing as the average age would be like 22yo lol

i heard it may be getting pushed back a lil later, like last quarter of the year

UNLS1
17-07-2006, 08:45 PM
hmmm i dont know why as the drive days are booked, and usually they release the cars a week or 2 after, and there are a number of the cars in aus already...

ill find out at the honda breaky on wed morn.

_CiVIC_
18-07-2006, 08:00 PM
hrmmmmmm will this be made in Japan or will it be like the Accord (not Euro) made in Thailand?

UNLS1
18-07-2006, 08:26 PM
its japan built mate

bigdongers
31-07-2006, 02:10 AM
How much will this thing be? From what I have read, it will be around the 80k mark. I think this will be too high as buyers who have this sort of money have a lot of options and are often badge snobs.

boggey
31-07-2006, 02:34 AM
i rekon for 80k though the new legend would be able to hold its own with the like of mercedes and bmw's around the 120k mark just have a look at the specs and features and u would know y. but yeah most badge snobs would probably for 80k get a bmw or a merc but it would be inferior to the new legend imo.

UNLS1
01-08-2006, 06:29 PM
im still getting told things around mid 70's but that could be plus on roads so from 75-80k at this stage

i have the drive day on monday morn so i should find out then!

jimmy

dhdevil
01-08-2006, 07:01 PM
u smart ass!!! hahaha i cant wait too see them!

RyDC5S
01-08-2006, 09:05 PM
Check the VTEC Club update in one of the later BMI Hot Version DVDs.

Spoon made a test Legend.... Awesome.

boggey
03-08-2006, 01:03 AM
yeh the legends been out in the U.S since 2005, so does aus get the same 2005 version or has the legend been revised in the U.S and Aus will get the current U.S version.

industrie
03-08-2006, 09:48 PM
the car should be around 45-60k....thats more realistic to get more sales than 70-80K...well see how it goes when it hits the show room floor...and get people to swing and buy the new legend...someone pimp it up...

boggey
04-08-2006, 01:08 AM
the car should be around 45-60k....thats more realistic to get more sales than 70-80K...well see how it goes when it hits the show room floor...and get people to swing and buy the new legend...someone pimp it up...

haha i wish the legend would be around the 45000-60000 mark cause iam sure heaps of ppl will buy it, but i doubt honda would be makeing a half decent profit.
But seriously though if u look throught the specs and the stuff thats in the car i rekon its worth it for 70000 when u compare it to its competitors.

dhdevil
04-08-2006, 08:47 AM
for around 70k the legend has amazing specs inside and out.

check out www.acura.com and look at the RL its what pretty much what we are getting here.

UNLS1
06-08-2006, 11:13 AM
oooh im drivin the legend tommorow, cant wait! car will be $74500 + on roads so like around 80k on the road!

underc35a
06-08-2006, 12:01 PM
If its 80K on road then it isnt much different to the previous legend. I would of thought it will be close 90K considering all that technology in the car, after all everything in the legend will eventually trickle down to the accords and civics.

panda[cRx]
06-08-2006, 12:40 PM
seen the car in the flesh....very very nice :)

HOWEVER.... i believe they are still working on the sat nav software so when the car hits the showrooms the sat nav will not have maps. it will just show the vehicles lattitude and longitude with height from sea level

if you are paying that amount for a "luxury" car you would wan't your bloody sat nav to work.... unless you were an orientation wizz back in boy scouts :rolleyes:

UNLS1
06-08-2006, 06:25 PM
panda is correct, there will be no sat nav and what a shame, but what can u do? we will have sat nav in our legends though as an option......and it wont be a nav man or anything like that! ;-)

will give a review after i drive it tomoz!

aaronng
06-08-2006, 07:06 PM
I thought they would have included sat nav as standard in a car like the Legend. Up the price 3-4k, it doesn't matter. A car with standard sat nav sounds more in the luxury class than a car that has it as an option.

panda[cRx]
06-08-2006, 07:13 PM
no there IS satnav hardware, as i mentioned it will tell you your lattitude and longitude and sea level but it won't tell you what road you are on or where to turn or anything like that.
from what i am told there has just been a stuff up for the software for the aus market. i believe the software is still a fair few months away

UNLS1
06-08-2006, 07:41 PM
yup, but there are ways around it! our demo will have it! and it will lool factory! not hard, but it is a shame honda didnt give it to us from the factory

bigdongers
06-08-2006, 08:15 PM
yup, but there are ways around it! our demo will have it! and it will lool factory! not hard, but it is a shame honda didnt give it to us from the factory

Hopefully this means the factory screen will have AV in which means you can plug in an aftermarket sat nav unit. WHich means you could plug in a/m DVD and TV too :)

aaronng
06-08-2006, 09:06 PM
As long as the screen, DVD reader and gps unit is in, that's fine. Hope they get the software done quickly and at a level much better than the Euro's.

IS250
07-08-2006, 09:51 AM
Saw two of them on the roads yesterday. I think they were being roadtested by some journalists. Looks nice, but my initial thought was that it looked small?!? Probably just me but it looks kinda between an Accord Euro and a V6 size wise. Compare it to a Lexus GS and the GS looks massive. These looked only mid sized.

I'm amazed that Honda managed to keep the price to $80K, looks like they're after volume rather than profit margin. The AWD comes standard yes?

UNLS1
07-08-2006, 05:34 PM
yes its SH-AWD and standard 217kws

all the hardware is in the car for sat nav, the software is still being developed, honda was going to stall the legend again but with so much interest from public we got it in sept this year with no sat nav!

Drove it today and what a great car to drive, the size is around the V6 size but with a lil more interior room, tha cabin is just fantastic, it has everything from rear blinds in the back 3 windows, to 10 speaker bose stereo to heaps pf other cool features.

we did a road trip and then driving practice around sandown! all i can say is the SH AWD system is the stuff! its fantastic goin round a 90 degree turn in the wet and flooring it and feeling in complete controll. i have so much more to say about this car bt im at work and dont have time lol....
the front and rear torque distribution is just amazing also!

Ill try and remember more about the car but i have to go and do more work

James

panda[cRx]
07-08-2006, 09:44 PM
lol exactly what i said about the sat nav....yet you seem to think you guys will have it? :rolleyes:

UNLS1
07-08-2006, 09:53 PM
lol we will have it, but not the honda one, its not hard to chuck an after market sat nav on the screen! :)

boggey
07-08-2006, 11:55 PM
so when r we going to be seeing it at our local dealers showrooms and when r they up for sale?

VTECACCORD
08-08-2006, 03:23 PM
I doubt there will be many takers at 80K, but i guess we will see

Pogi
08-08-2006, 03:45 PM
I'd be more curious as to what software will be run on the sat nav.

UNLS1
08-08-2006, 05:41 PM
in dealerships in sept.....

it will be interesting to see where this car will sit in the market.....honda say it compares with the lexus GS300 i think it is, and the BMW 3 series like 320
but we think its close to the 5 series bmw...

i dont know the body kinda the same size as the V6 accord.....
its a great car but i think its missing sumthing.....(lol not sat nav)
everyone will have their own opinion ill look forward to hearing them when they see and drive the car

bigdongers
14-08-2006, 12:21 AM
so will the Sat Nav be a free upgrade for early buyers?

I think the car looks a little bland. Doesnt stand out on the road enough. The Euro has more road presence than the Legend. Dont get me wrong, it looks fine but just doesnt have that X Factor that a car worth over $75k should.

panda[cRx]
14-08-2006, 12:21 PM
have you seen it in person dongers? it looks better in person imho

while i havent driven it myself (only coz i lost my licence) i have been for a ride in it and i think it's a fantastic car compared to the competitors out there. EVERY SINGLE PERSON i have spoken to that were at the honda drive days at sandown racetrack said the handling with the sh-awd is amazing and the vehicle has really good power delivery

GD3-typeR
14-08-2006, 11:17 PM
I work for Honda in western Australia. we will be getting new Legend 1 week September and it will be $83,000 drive-away. (in W.A) stamp duty are higher in W.A any enquries call 0421030398 or email me at jchenhondasales@hotmail.com

yfin
15-08-2006, 07:50 AM
']have you seen it in person dongers? it looks better in person imho

while i havent driven it myself (only coz i lost my licence) i have been for a ride in it and i think it's a fantastic car compared to the competitors out there. EVERY SINGLE PERSON i have spoken to that were at the honda drive days at sandown racetrack said the handling with the sh-awd is amazing and the vehicle has really good power delivery

Like Aarong mentioned - it didnt do so well on 5th Gear. On the track it was many seconds slower than the BMW and Audi despite having more power.

boleh
15-08-2006, 08:32 AM
in dealerships in sept.....

it will be interesting to see where this car will sit in the market.....honda say it compares with the lexus GS300 i think it is, and the BMW 3 series like 320
but we think its close to the 5 series bmw...

i dont know the body kinda the same size as the V6 accord.....
its a great car but i think its missing sumthing.....(lol not sat nav)
everyone will have their own opinion ill look forward to hearing them when they see and drive the car
i tell you what's missing - the chrome door handle and chrome door window panel :D (btw, it's just frm the pics at topspeed .com)

panda[cRx]
15-08-2006, 01:40 PM
Like Aarong mentioned - it didnt do so well on 5th Gear. On the track it was many seconds slower than the BMW and Audi despite having more power.
does it look like a track car? :confused:

it's a boat, a lux car.... it just doesnt handle like a boat :)

dhdevil
15-08-2006, 02:50 PM
yea i belive its more of a lux car like the older legends. i so cant wait too get inside one. what do u guys think of the interior? i think its awsome.

yfin
15-08-2006, 04:53 PM
']does it look like a track car? :confused:

it's a boat, a lux car.... it just doesnt handle like a boat :)

I would have thought you of all people would appreciate that the track is the perfect place to explore the limits of the Legend´s claimed ´super handling AWD´.

If it is more powerful, yet laps significantly slower than a 530 and Audi, that tends to suggest there is a handling (and/or braking, power delivery, etc) advantage to the BMW/Audi.

It has nothing to do with the Legend being a track car - the point is more about exploring the claimed super handling characteristics of the vehicle. If the Fifth Gear test is consistent with future tests to come (they say it is too soft)- Honda has fallen short of the competition in this area despite the badge on the back of the car.

aaronng
15-08-2006, 08:22 PM
They said it was the fault of the softer suspension compared to the BMW and Audi. They liked that they could apply full power much earlier in the corner when compared to the other two cars. In fact, I think they expected that the Legend would get a better time because of SH-AWD but the softer suspension what made it slower on track.

On the street, I'd expect that the Legend would be a very good contender against the 5 and A6

panda[cRx]
15-08-2006, 09:11 PM
on the street i think the legend is a much better car, in standard trim it is a better vehicle. from first hand experience and from talking with other peoiple with first hand experience they all agree the legend is a better vehicle

here's a comparison chart...
(sorry its so big but otherwise the writing is too pixelated and small :confused:)
http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/1163/hugeasscomparisonscankw7.th.jpg (http://img222.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hugeasscomparisonscankw7.jpg)

here is some info on something i found suprisingly interesting.... the climate control
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/6739/legendclimatecontrolex1.th.jpg (http://img152.imageshack.us/my.php?image=legendclimatecontrolex1.jpg)

aaronng
15-08-2006, 10:34 PM
']
here is some info on something i found suprisingly interesting.... the climate control
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/6739/legendclimatecontrolex1.th.jpg (http://img152.imageshack.us/my.php?image=legendclimatecontrolex1.jpg)
I remember the joke that with the Euro's dual zone climate control, you could create a mini-tornado by setting the temperature on one side to hi and the other to lo. Now, the Legend can automatically create mini-tornados for you!

I really like that they are exploiting all the weird and wonderful features and control interfaces like in the E/S class and 5 series. Does the AUDM Legend retain the infrared camera that was in the JDM Legend?

bigdongers
16-08-2006, 12:43 AM
It will have a reverse camera but dont know about night vision camera

yfin
16-08-2006, 01:37 AM
Thanks Panda for the info.

The kerb weight is so much more than I was expecting - 1855Kg!!

I had a good look at the Legend in the USA and it ´looks´deceptively smaller on the road. The dimensions on paper are quite large - 30cm longer than the Euro is quite a bit.

TypeG
16-08-2006, 08:41 AM
http://www1.autotrader.com.au/mellor/mellor.nsf/story2/BF1CA828F55C6255CA2571CB0011964F

aaronng
16-08-2006, 12:47 PM
Just noticed that the 3.5L V6 makes 351Nm @ 5000rpm. That's good as it exceeds the magical 100 Nm/L number for NA. Not many cars with mass-produced engines can boast that.

Front 4-pot 320mm brakes and rear vented 310mm should give braking as good as other rivals as well.

Tyres are a worry though. 235/50 R17 100W...... Imagine the price of 100 weight tyres!

bigdongers
16-08-2006, 02:41 PM
Tyres are a worry though. 235/50 R17 100W...... Imagine the price of 100 weight tyres!

well if you pay over $75k for a car, the price of tyres and fuel etc shouldnt be a concern :)

I would be interested to know what kind of resale these things have. How was the old Legend for resale?

aaronng
16-08-2006, 03:30 PM
well if you pay over $75k for a car, the price of tyres and fuel etc shouldnt be a concern :)

I would be interested to know what kind of resale these things have. How was the old Legend for resale?
It's only a $75k car man. That kind of thinking is only valid for cars with pricetags of above $200,000. :) I think tyres in those sizes can have an asking price of at least $500 each. Yokohama and Dunlop Australia does not have anything in 17" that can handle at least 100W.

panda[cRx]
16-08-2006, 09:25 PM

you would be surprised.... we get some tight ass mdx owners coming in for service. half are like 8,000km overdue

dhdevil
18-08-2006, 09:02 AM
heres a intro for the new Legend, Acura RL for the states of cause.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2456359273341693202&q=acura+RL

dhdevil
18-08-2006, 10:55 AM
there is a write up on the new legend in todays herald sun cars guide.

Pogi
21-08-2006, 09:10 AM
']you would be surprised.... we get some tight ass mdx owners coming in for service. half are like 8,000km overdue
Maybe they're lazy or can't find the time to bring their car in for service?

Honda Enthusiast
21-08-2006, 11:26 AM
Yeah, high 50's would be right!

When my 1999 Accord V6 Luxury came out 7 years ago...it's price tag was $55k+extras....very luxurious inside and with some mods, it now looks rad...

I love modding luxury cars...like in my CROSS-OVER thread...it brings out the true meaning of Sprots outside and Luxury outside!

With a powerful v6 engine, Legend owners will have a bit of power their to play with thanks to their VTEC engines!

Vinnie
22-08-2006, 02:02 AM
lol this again... btw, imo the vtec v6's on the legends are overrated and arent up to their equivalent european counterparts but that doesent really matter coz its not like the owners are gonna be driving them hard... it seems like a nice car but dunno how itll go with a price tag like that... i woodent think itd devalue too badly but i guess that depends on demand, traditionally luxury cars dont go all that well...

aaronng
22-08-2006, 02:50 AM
lol this again... btw, imo the vtec v6's on the legends are overrated and arent up to their equivalent european counterparts but that doesent really matter coz its not like the owners are gonna be driving them hard... it seems like a nice car but dunno how itll go with a price tag like that... i woodent think itd devalue too badly but i guess that depends on demand, traditionally luxury cars dont go all that well...
The 06 Legend's 3.5L V6 puts out 216kW. The BMW 3.0L and 4.0L inline 6 on the other hand puts out 190kW and 225kW respectively. That's still more power per litre for the V6. Plus the base 530i costs $113,100 and the base 540i a cool $146,200. The Legend will be undercutting the 5-series while providing similar levels of luxury. I just hope that Honda uses REAL leather for every bit of upholstery.

The only downside of the Legend is its weight. It negates any straight line performance advantage of the more powerful engine when compared to the lighter 530i....

Vinnie
22-08-2006, 03:55 AM
The 06 Legend's 3.5L V6 puts out 216kW. The BMW 3.0L and 4.0L inline 6 on the other hand puts out 190kW and 225kW respectively. That's still more power per litre for the V6. Plus the base 530i costs $113,100 and the base 540i a cool $146,200. The Legend will be undercutting the 5-series while providing similar levels of luxury. I just hope that Honda uses REAL leather for every bit of upholstery.

The only downside of the Legend is its weight. It negates any straight line performance advantage of the more powerful engine when compared to the lighter 530i....

yeh i jus looked up the current 530i and the legend and the lagend carries an extra 350kgs :O sum of thats prob coz of the 4wd system it has for sum reason... wat i meant was that the fact its got VTEC means nothing except that its max torque is reached at 5000rpm or nearly double that of the beemer and hell if the legend had a bmw badge on it itd prob cost more than the 530i... that and the beemer has a 6 speed... at the end of the day tho its still the top end honda and its good to c honda having a good go at the luxury car class typically dominated by euros and lexus...

panda[cRx]
22-08-2006, 06:12 AM

not sure where u pulled that from but ok...

']

here's a comparison chart...
(sorry its so big but otherwise the writing is too pixelated and small :confused:)
http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/1163/hugeasscomparisonscankw7.th.jpg (http://img222.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hugeasscomparisonscankw7.jpg)

mattsama
22-08-2006, 03:04 PM
I would have thought you of all people would appreciate that the track is the perfect place to explore the limits of the Legend´s claimed ´super handling AWD´.

Handling does not = Speed.

aaronng
22-08-2006, 03:51 PM
Handling does not = Speed.
It does on the track. If you have handling, you can exit the corners at higher speeds and thus reach a higher speed on the straight. I had heaps of power when at wakefield. All 140kW was useless against the 96kW d16y on the straight because I was exiting the corner at 20km/h slower than the civics.

Vinnie
22-08-2006, 06:26 PM
jus to clear wat i said up, i was not inferring that the legends v6 was a bad engine i was jus responding to sky's comment that vtec and bigger figures doesent make it fast/good. and thats an interesting comparo chart but obviously done by price as there was no equvalent engines there (ie 3.5 litre v6's that werent australian). euro automatically costs more than jap coz of badge snobbery... and i still think that an awd platform for better handling is wasted in a lux car like that coz ne1 forking out 75k for a legend is not gonna be testing its capabilities...

panda[cRx]
22-08-2006, 07:27 PM
saw them in the flesh today, absolutely superb :D

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?p=844937#post844937

aaronng
22-08-2006, 07:42 PM
jus to clear wat i said up, i was not inferring that the legends v6 was a bad engine i was jus responding to sky's comment that vtec and bigger figures doesent make it fast/good. and thats an interesting comparo chart but obviously done by price as there was no equvalent engines there (ie 3.5 litre v6's that werent australian). euro automatically costs more than jap coz of badge snobbery... and i still think that an awd platform for better handling is wasted in a lux car like that coz ne1 forking out 75k for a legend is not gonna be testing its capabilities...
Yeah, it's like a catch22. When SH-AWD is put into a vehicle, the car becomes extra heavy. In order to overcome that weight penalty, it needs a large, torquey and powerful engine. What heavy cars have large powerful engines? Luxury cars. The bright side is that the consumers which the Legend is targetting have an excess of cash and so it should sell pretty well as a brand new car. Look at the number of new 5 series on the road now? Many more compared to the E90 3 series.

Chris_F
23-08-2006, 12:26 AM
hmmm at 1855kg and AWD i wouldnt like to think about the fuel consumption around the city. For some strange reason i thought it was gonna weigh in around 1600... I'd never aspire to owning a legend or any car that weighed nearly 2 tonne!

panda[cRx]
23-08-2006, 01:22 PM
i was speaking to one of the head technical guys at honda australia head office yesterday and he was driving one for a few weeks as he does alot of kms (1000km per week)

he said he got it down to 9.6 L/100km but i think most of the time it was in the mid to high 10's

Chris_F
23-08-2006, 07:35 PM
sounds pretty good actually, mostly highway miles though?

ACE888
02-09-2006, 11:35 PM
I don't like the a$$ of the new Legends, it looks too similar with the Nissan Maxima a$$ and I just don't like it....

Golgtrio
03-09-2006, 04:19 PM
I think the Aus version is missing out on the "night Vision" thing as the Jap and US has it..........

GD3-typeR
15-09-2006, 02:11 AM
Hi all, Just letting everyone know who lives in Perth. My dealer got one Legend for test drive. The car is amazing, we did alot of amazing stuff on the training day at a race track. It was one fun day to try out everything about the SH-AWD. Even doing speed of 90~100km/h on a "C" corner on a wet surface, the vehicle just turns like a roller coaster!

Very good car and heavy one as well :p

price: $74500 +ORC
3.5L VTEC 217KW

dhdevil
15-09-2006, 09:12 AM
yea very nice car indeed test drove one with my old man yesterday, didnt try out the SH-AWD system tho, but sounds pretty impressive, and so many gadgets in it. exelent value car, im not sure what the direct competition
is too the legend but its a very classy car allover.

UNLS1
19-09-2006, 01:35 PM
we would compare it with some of the 5 series BMWs and some of the lexus's.
the feed back on this car has been fantastic and we have sold a few already! Im takin it home next week so will be fun!

RyDC5S
19-09-2006, 09:19 PM
Zane: Check this > http://rl.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=680

dhdevil
19-09-2006, 09:46 PM
woah cheers for that Ry!! car pr0n for me......

ryuhou
23-09-2006, 12:40 AM
Has guys seen the BMI review of the new Legend and the recent fifth gear/top gear review (forgot which one). Basicali, they say althought the car weighs heaps, the new SH-AWD system means the car handles as if its much lighter. even if it is 1800kg or wateva.

of course tsuchiya wanted to disengage the front wheels and drift it ^^
that spoon guy wasnt impressed ahaha