PDA

View Full Version : Installation Manual for EK lip????

Ru$kI
06-07-2006, 10:33 AM
Hi Guys,

I recently purchased a rear lip for my 96 EK sedan, however it only came with the required nuts n bolts to attach it...the installation manual was not included.

I've found a DIY on how to install the 98 EK rear lip. Is it the same process n all?...coz the nuts n bolts they said should be supplied with the lip are different to what i've been supplied

If someone has experience with installing these things...or has found this on the net...a link or sum step by step guide thing wud b much appreciated

Cheers

barefootbonzai
06-07-2006, 12:00 PM
Don't be such a sissy and just go out and put it on. Seriously can't be that hard, just use some common sense.

Ru$kI
06-07-2006, 12:07 PM
lol.....id jus rather do it by the book...thats all

FR33K
06-07-2006, 04:23 PM
Don't be such a sissy and just go out and put it on. Seriously can't be that hard, just use some common sense.

hahaah :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: agree !!
theres is no way you can stuff it up
the holes will line up and u put the bolts in... simple..
unless you put it upside down.. i cant think of anything else that can go wrong...

mrwillz
06-07-2006, 06:36 PM
u got the essentials at least (screws)
just do it!~

bigjo5
06-07-2006, 07:56 PM
lol i agree with the majority... holes are already has factory holes on it for the lip
easiest way for you to do it is to take off ur front bar by removing the 2 screws at the end of the front bar.. then flip it upside down.. as you will see there will be little squarish cirlce holes and u jsut get the clip and put it on all the precut holes then line up ur lip with the front bar then screw them through.... well thats what i did for my eg, ek shuld be simliar ...no way u can stuff that up.. unless ur absolutely hopeless lmaos..
neways hope that helps
cheers.

egSi
06-07-2006, 08:28 PM

lol. i agree :thumbsup:

Ru$kI
07-07-2006, 12:16 AM
its not an OEM factory lip...its an AFTERMARKET lip...hence there are no holes that all of you are on about!! The lip has absolutely no grooves or holes or any hint of where to attach it to the bumper. And with my prior experience with aftermarket parts...fitment is a bitch! Plus some people have been sayn stuff bout adhesive keeping the lip stuck to the bumper besides the screws themselves, n theres none of that adhesive provided. Hence its not as easy as u all think.

I jus wanted some advice from someone whose done this before on how to attach the damn thing...or if anyone has found sumfn on the net that shows this.

I dun wanna drill 10 million holes and trial and error the fitment

P.S: Im all for DIY...but in a DIY u know what you're doing....in this case I wouldnt even know where to start

LowEk
07-07-2006, 06:41 AM
just take it to a panel & paint shop and get them to fit it that will fix all your problems.

funkdr
07-07-2006, 03:59 PM
Arh dima i why have you not rocked up to my driveway and let me have a look?

xcwizit
07-07-2006, 04:39 PM
Ru$kI.. I'm going to put on a FRONT and REAR (OEM) lips. Mine came with the fitments to drill the holes into the rear bumper coz my rear bumper has no holes. It came with the measurement papers of where to drill the holes.

If you want I can scan it and send it to ya..OTHERWISE
I agree with everyone else. Just take the rear bumper off, turn it upside down, and wherever the the screws are located on the rear bumper just match up your lip onto the bumper and use a texta and mark all the screw holes.
Then you drill awayyyyyyy. Anyway GOOD LUCK MATE...

__________________________________________________ ______
ANYONE WANT BRAND NEW LIPS FOR EK
OEM FRONT LIP --> $220
OEM REAR LIP --> $220

Ru$kI
08-07-2006, 11:31 AM
Thanx mate...that would be much appreciated!:thumbsup:

send em to ruski_badass@hotmail.com

P.S: There are no screws, holes or anyfn of the sort below the rear bumper mate...so without somethin that shows me where 2 drill these holes (and how many), it wud basically be a trial n error job...which is wat im tryin 2 avoid.

Ru$kI.. I'm going to put on a FRONT and REAR (OEM) lips. Mine came with the fitments to drill the holes into the rear bumper coz my rear bumper has no holes. It came with the measurement papers of where to drill the holes.

If you want I can scan it and send it to ya..OTHERWISE
I agree with everyone else. Just take the rear bumper off, turn it upside down, and wherever the the screws are located on the rear bumper just match up your lip onto the bumper and use a texta and mark all the screw holes.
Then you drill awayyyyyyy. Anyway GOOD LUCK MATE...

__________________________________________________ ______
ANYONE WANT BRAND NEW LIPS FOR EK
OEM FRONT LIP --> $220
OEM REAR LIP --> $220

|N|
08-07-2006, 07:30 PM
do wat i did... if there s no holes... MAKE THEM

BRU51N
09-07-2006, 01:41 PM
lol how hard can it be?

remove the front bar, place lip on the front bar, use texter to colouring in the holes that are on your front bar on to your lip, and drill as many holes as u think u may need for it to hold. bolt it together and fit back the bar with the lip on it and your done.

plus u dont need no adhesive stuff. its all lies!

Ru$kI
09-07-2006, 06:02 PM
Thnx 4 all the feedback guys:thumbsup: ...i got a good idea of what i gotta do now. Got the pics of the seller of how he installed his one as well, so i know what im doin now:cool: