PDA

View Full Version : Civic Hatch 01-05 lowered springs

R1ceBoY
07-07-2006, 10:49 AM
Hi needing some advice and help, what springs are good for honda civic vi 01-05 hatch? My sister is running on king lows with standard shocks at the moment and making noises (clunking sounds) its getting worse.
Would like to know wot other members have installed on there 01-05 civic hatch, how low is it sitting and the comfort of the ride itself?

Any kind of feedback is good that way it lets me know what is good and whats not good.
Thanks in advance;

R1ceBoy

SAMBO456
07-07-2006, 04:07 PM
I have custom king springs that drop my VI around 3 1/2" and used the stock struts. It looks good and handles alot better than the stock springs. I have just installed koni struts with the springs. When i first installed the springs around 6 months ago i had the same trouble. They made really bad noises and bottomed out really easy which made the ride quite shit and un-enjoyable to drive. The drop is around 3 1/2" inches makes it just legal but not by much. But thats another story with more than one person in the car. With the Koni's its smooth and rides very nice.

BiLL|z0r
07-07-2006, 04:35 PM
Sounds like the stock shocks are hitting the bump stops. How much lower is it?

civicVI
07-07-2006, 07:59 PM
Hi SAMBO456
do u have any pic of your car? would u mind to post up? because i want to have look how low is that drop around 3 1/2"!!!

SiReal
09-07-2006, 10:55 PM
was the installation a DIY? I just got my car raised so now the rear is 1.2" lower, turns out the strut top nuts (which bolt onto the chasis) were tight enough even though i tightened them to factory torque specs!!!

Also, the positioning of the spring on the perch caused it to clunk as well. The guy said that the spring wasn't in a position taht was "locked down". Maybe get another pro to check it out.

R1ceBoY
10-07-2006, 02:02 PM
tHANKS FOR THE FEED BACK, ILL TAKE IT TO ANOTHER PLACE TO CHECK IT OUT AGAIN.