PDA

View Full Version : Turbo-Charged Accords ..

jaydenn
07-07-2006, 03:31 PM
hey guys :wave: just wanted to know if there are any existing turbo charged accords out there, any model.. i just wanted your personal opinions on them may it be auto or manual. If you could post pics and specs would be hella great! :p

Shaggin Wagon
09-07-2006, 10:00 AM
r u considering this option?
iv got a 98 accord and found it would be much simplier to put a side mount super charger on it.

Q_ball
09-07-2006, 10:39 AM
Pm poid on the forums :)
He'll be able to assist you more with ur enquiry :)

jaydenn
09-07-2006, 02:35 PM
Thanks for your reply guys! yehh i am considering it as an option, Shaggin' does the car go well? and how much did the charger kit cost?

Shaggin Wagon
11-07-2006, 09:40 PM
havnt done it yet, but as soon as i bought it i looked thro the engine bay and found once u squeeze the supercharger in there, all thats left is piping, whereas turbo charger ud have to solve where ud put the turbo as its a v6 (2 seperate exhaust manifolds) or whether ud go twin turbo and there isnt much room for that plus thats alot of customising.
also allow in ur budgeting for a aftermarket computer, installation and tuning after fitting boost.

saxman
11-07-2006, 10:10 PM
havnt done it yet, but as soon as i bought it i looked thro the engine bay and found once u squeeze the supercharger in there, all thats left is piping.
can't the same be said with a turbo set up... ince you've squeezed the turbos/exhaust manifolds in, it's pretty much just piping?

Shaggin Wagon
12-07-2006, 06:29 PM
yeah but from my (mind u iv onli done alittle) customising experience, making custom manifolds to squeeze into 2 different sized and shaped areas is expensive and time consuming, not saying it cant be done but i thought supercharging would be easier, altho i havnt done much research and like i said all i did was have a quick look under the hood

CHU85
13-07-2006, 11:03 PM
yeah i've got one. (or had one)
make sure u know a little bit about wat ur doin b4 u start. it can be a costly experience especially if u rely on workshops.
How did it go? Pretty fun, surprised alot of people.

Shaggin Wagon
14-07-2006, 05:53 PM
tru that, i turbo charged my suzuki mightyboy and me and my mates did all the work and it still cost n arm and a leg