PDA

View Full Version : New Civic with 1.6Ltr???

EK9_boi
07-07-2006, 04:57 PM
It appears that the new Civic is due to be available with a 1.6L SOHC engine. This variant will become the entry level Civic in Singapore, designated as the new VTi. Check it out at:

http://www.honda.com.sg/civic/specs.htm

However, it is unlikely to reach Australian shores I guess, as there is no need to - Jazz sales would be adversely affected I would imagine. Furthermore, a 1.6L variant would unlikely be successful in competing against other cars such as the corolla and Tiida, or the Mazda 3.

What are your thoughts?

marcus
26-07-2006, 06:38 PM
yup seen that on shc websites made in japan 1.6l civic

Jo_e
26-07-2006, 07:21 PM
Yeh, dont really think a 1.6L is neccessary in oz. Here all the 1.8 civics are still in so high demand. Pushing another model in would just be pointless,esp with the jazz as u said.

panda[cRx]
26-07-2006, 08:35 PM
not gonna happen in oz, it would be pointless with the current lineup.

if anything honda needs to hurry and get a sporty hatch in the range, i get so many ppl asking me about the new CTR's at work (-_-)

DreadAngel
26-07-2006, 08:47 PM
Hey Panda, is the new CTR coming to Australia? =P

JK LA!!!

fly_vti
27-07-2006, 10:46 AM
Hey Panda, is the new CTR coming to Australia? =P

JK LA!!!

that will only be a dream!

**Ghost**
28-07-2006, 01:21 AM
']not gonna happen in oz, it would be pointless with the current lineup.

if anything honda needs to hurry and get a sporty hatch in the range, i get so many ppl asking me about the new CTR's at work (-_-)

i agree... in video gamed speak Honda is getting PwN3d in the respect department atm. All of a sudden hot hatches and performance is taking over again like the 1990s and u have Golf GTi, mazda3s, Focus Xr5, Astras, Sportivo Corrollas with proper KW figures taking over...

and mitsu are responding fast with the turbo colts and ralliart lancers.

and toyo are bringing out TRD in asutralia...

and then honda decides to cancel the teggy and all and you guys have is the civic sport.......112kw... yay.. wow...