PDA

View Full Version : OEM Fuel Filter info?

egSi
09-07-2006, 05:39 PM
does anyone know the pressure the OEM fuel filter can withstand? or what it runs at? also does anyone know how fine the filters are in these?

thanks in advance.

bennjamin
09-07-2006, 05:55 PM
not really helping ~ but for aftermarket fuel systems and engine setups ive seen OEM fuel filters cope fine. (extra flow and pressure)

90xsi
09-07-2006, 06:34 PM
Just call Honda parts or a aftermarket company and ask to speak to tech/engineering dept,

eg ryco www.rycofilters.com.au/

last time i had to call them about a certain fuel injected filter, and it was around
120psi for a basic one.

egSi
10-07-2006, 07:42 AM
thanks guys.

im not really lookin to see if itll cope but more of what specs it has so i can replace it with an aftermarket equivilent.

bennjamin
10-07-2006, 07:48 AM
refer to this thread Sir Travis ~

Honda-Tech.com: WRITE UP: How to convert your fuel lines and ugly filter to Stainless -6AN hoses (http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1527379)

something im doing myself :)

Slow96GSR
10-07-2006, 08:02 AM
Converting is easy. Edelbrock makes conversion parts so it's even easier. The stock filter is fine to run on high PSI and higher volume but I don't know exact numbers. The filters shown in Bens link will out perform the stock filter but do cost more, and if it isn't a cleanable filter and gets dirty faster then the stock filter it might not be worth it. A stock filter is only like $15USD.

My $.02USD!! I'll look for some numbers tomorrow when I get to the shop.

egSi
10-07-2006, 09:16 PM
i have seen the edelbrock and russel premade ones and i want something a lil different.

already got that link down bren ;)

but yeah thanks guys. least i know the idea is that crazy anymore :thumbsup:

+rep.