PDA

View Full Version : p72, p13, p28...Hondata..

b-defekt
10-05-2004, 05:29 PM
Hi guys

I am currently putting in a h22 into my 94 accord. I have yet to purchase an ECU to run it. I was wondering what you guys would reccommend?
and also which would work best with the Hondata s200 series.

I saw this on ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=32624&item=2476659 924&rd=1

It seems quiet cheap. and also alittle dodgey. I don't think this would work with Hondata (correct me if i am wrong)

From what i hear is.

p72 has a massive vtec lag at 4000rpm ...

p28 required some vaccum sensor removal... no idea

p13 is the stock prelude ECU

Your opinions and help will be much apreciated.

Regards,

mo
10-05-2004, 05:59 PM
PM James (BLKCRX) on these forums as he is the official distributer for Hondata in Australia and will be able to answer all your questions about Hondata ECUs

poid
11-05-2004, 08:20 AM
P13 is the stock h22a ECU, yep.

p28 doesnt have secondary butterfly control hardware, which the h22a needs. It can be converted so that the secondary butterflies can work by adding some things to the board.

p72 has all the right hardware, i'm not sure if it has a knock sensor but that can be easily disabled.

As for that link, $89 for a "Mugen" chip!?! Holy crap that's a rip off, the chip itself costs $2 and the mugen ROM for the ecu that this guy uses can be found online.

For Hondata get the p72, though you dont actually need Hondata to remap the ROM's and get the h22a running. All you need is an ECU that has been socketed to accept the chips, a chip burner and a free ROM editor to tune. There are heaps of h22a base maps available as well that can be burnt straight onto the chip and popped in to the p72 to run the car

Cheers :)

b-defekt
11-05-2004, 10:33 AM
Hi guys.

@ mo : Thanks for that, i have sent James an email and he is able to get me the ECU that i require.

@ Poid : I'm don't know anything about this ROM or chips. But i think i'm gonna go with what you said and get the P72 off James, and get him to tune it with the Hondata s200. What's a good price for a p72 Ecu?

Much thanks guys

Regards

poid
11-05-2004, 10:42 AM
from the US a p72 already socketed is around the $350-400 mark last time i looked. I dont know how much James sells them for, i think a p28 is $550 from him so a p72 would be a similar price