PDA

View Full Version : EG zorst on an EK ?

kraiye
09-07-2006, 06:41 PM
Just wondering if anyone KNOWS if 2.5" eg cat back will bolt on an EK?

Zdster
09-07-2006, 06:42 PM
Just wondering if anyone KNOWS if 2.5" eg cat back will bolt on an EK?

Should do, but unless you are putting through serious power there is no way I would be putting a 2.5" pipe on an ek.

kraiye
10-07-2006, 01:15 PM
Should do, but unless you are putting through serious power there is no way I would be putting a 2.5" pipe on an ek.

why is that?

maybe not serious power but it will getting boosted a lil. i currently got 2" (i think... i've never actually measured it) but its not mandrel bent so i duno if it would be enough.

[edit] ok, wrapped a piece of string around it that came out ~6.5" long
divided by pi... and yep, 2" zorst

barefootbonzai
10-07-2006, 01:19 PM
hey man, my cuzin was letting me know what was happening. The exhaust will fit, but you'll need to bring it to an exhaust shop, they just need to change the hangers, should cost around $50.

barefootbonzai
10-07-2006, 01:21 PM
Well it depends on how much boost I suppose, but in my opinion anything more than a 2.25" system on an ek will loose power.

Mike it's boost, 2.5" is good, even 3". Please don't post stuff you just think, it'll confuse people.

Zdster
10-07-2006, 01:24 PM
Mike it's boost, 2.5" is good, even 3". Please don't post stuff you just think, it'll confuse people.

I did have "in my opinion" listed and was referring to a NA car :), however comment retracted ;).

I think that people just need to be a little careful. I have seen car owners (including me) having trusted 'professional' exhausts shops who place far to large a system on small engines with bad outcomes.

barefootbonzai
10-07-2006, 01:50 PM
Cheers Mike, yes it's true. Na is very easy to lose power by goin too large.

kraiye
11-07-2006, 12:23 PM
hey man, my cuzin was letting me know what was happening. The exhaust will fit, but you'll need to bring it to an exhaust shop, they just need to change the hangers, should cost around $50.

thanks mate. might have to hack it up a bit & get baffle or something, i dun wan it too loud ;)
in all honesty i'd like to lose the cannon thats on the zorst and keep my twin tips but that would create a 2" bottle neck right at the end. :(
would that be really bad?
will see how things go with $$$... after gettin the uni chip installed and tuned i'll be pretty much out.
might hav to buy zorst seperately another time if he's still got it