PDA

View Full Version : [EM1] Clicking sound from engine bay

turbo convert
09-07-2006, 07:14 PM
hi,
just noticied something on my car today, there is a clicking sound coming from under the bonnet on the timing belt side of the engine,noise appears to be coming from the black plug near the suspension tower. which seems to be comming from the "pump relay" has ne1 heard this before.
shouldnt b nothing to worry bout as car seems fine other than that. just curious?

Zdster
12-07-2006, 05:45 PM
Not quite sure what the problem is. Might be worth just taking it down to a honda service department, explain what you have heard and ask them to problem solve it.

turbo convert
12-07-2006, 05:50 PM
Not quite sure what the problem is. Might be worth just taking it down to a honda service department, explain what you have heard and ask them to problem solve it.
yeh well its not causing me any problems atm so when i get it serviced in bout another 3-4 thousand kms i will get them to check it out. if it was big porbs i am assuming i would know about it. strange tho is only mainly happing when its cold..........mmhhhhh

Zdster
12-07-2006, 05:54 PM
yeh well its not causing me any problems atm so when i get it serviced in bout another 3-4 thousand kms i will get them to check it out. if it was big porbs i am assuming i would know about it. strange tho is only mainly happing when its cold..........mmhhhhh

At a guess, might be something to do with the relay powering up :confused:. Might be worth the exercise to just ring who ever services the car and ask them if they think it is urgent for you to bring it in?

aaronng
12-07-2006, 07:01 PM
Moved for more reads and renamed title so that it is more clear.

Klayemore
13-07-2006, 10:43 AM
It's not from the rocker? You might need a valve adjustment?

VT3C
13-07-2006, 02:24 PM
mine has started making a clicking noise from there also.. when cold sounds liek a diesel.. only does it when very cold mornings

i thought it was valve lashings too, but:

a. it goes away

and

b. it's comming more from like the alternator area than from the valve cover area.. the noise IS relative to engine speed.. so it's lie a rotating part ?

Slow96GSR
13-07-2006, 02:29 PM
Is it fast and kida of quiet/low volume or is it loud and goes away with higher rpms?

Fast and low volume might be the injestors or the sound of the injectors echo'd through the fuel rail. If it goes away do a motor mount check and make sure ones not lose or bad also might be the Alts mount is loose. Check those and post if it's still there or what.

VT3C: Yours sounds like you need a valve adjustment.

kraiye
14-07-2006, 01:12 AM
water pump maybe ?
how many k's has u'r engine done?
i've heard its a good idea to get ur pump replaced when the timing belt is done
i got a feeling mine is due :(

turbo convert
15-07-2006, 11:34 AM
thanks for the help guys.
well the car has only done 52,000kms so i dunno about water pump but the sound doesnt speed up or anything what it does when i first start the car, its ideling and i hear a click.......click......click, so i tried my best hearing with my ear and would appear the it is coming from a big black plug which comes off the pump relay although that could be wrong but neither the less its in that area?
also the sound is constant when its cold although when its warm it seems to go away but still cums up occasionally

elim
17-07-2006, 04:31 PM
dude, do you think it could be whining of the belts ?

I have a similar thing too, in mornings there's a noise from the belt area but when it's warm, it's gone. It sounded like clicking so it was unusual to think it'll be the belt whining.

I've lubricated the belts/pulleys abit and it went away for me.

turbo convert
17-07-2006, 05:30 PM
ah okay, well actually after so more listen testing i think i have been foolish to jump to bad conclusion it appears the clicking is coming from the alarm siren (small little black box)
this however once again leaves me confussed as to why this would be happening whilst the car is on could it be a honda thing? cause i have had simular alarms on all my other cars and never nothing like this, i might post up in the technical forums or try find an alarm expert on this site, or if its happened to anyone else? pls let me know

dude, do you think it could be whining of the belts ?

I have a similar thing too, in mornings there's a noise from the belt area but when it's warm, it's gone. It sounded like clicking so it was unusual to think it'll be the belt whining.

I've lubricated the belts/pulleys abit and it went away for me.