PDA

View Full Version : The plate [SKREMN]

SKREMN
09-07-2006, 11:01 PM
i want be keeping the plates skremn anymore as the car is unregisterd and want be looking at keeping the plates on the car anymore

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b164/skremnLS/Plate.jpg

if i where to sell these plates how does it work
does the rta transfer them over?
are there fees charged for selling plates?
i have paid for a year of these plates would selling them mean the new owner takes on the left over months paid for or they start over again?

and does anyone this that anyone would buy these?
should i bother?

h22a accord
10-07-2006, 09:21 AM
english?

toE
10-07-2006, 10:32 AM
Why don't you ring the RTA and get your answers?
You'll get correct information too if you ring ;)

Zdster
10-07-2006, 10:43 AM
As I stated in the newly revised 'new to cars' sticky, ringing your state authority will probably answer most of your questions (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47304).

h22a accord
10-07-2006, 10:59 AM
hey man, i just pulled this off the rta website.

3.3 Rights to display only

(a) Special Number Plates always remain the property of the RTA.

(b) Once the RTA has approved your application and you have paid all applicable fees for the Special Number Plates, you are granted a “right to display” the Special Number Plates issued to you. This means that you may either:

display the Special Number Plates only on a vehicle registered in your name in NSW for which the plates are issued; or
place the Special Number Plates in storage at an RTA motor registry.
(c) The RTA may use any Special Number Plate combination in promotional material, without notifying the holder of the right to display the Special Number Plates.

(d) The right to display Special Number Plates continues until 3 months after the expiry date of registration for the vehicle for which the Special Number Plates are issued or, where plates are in storage, 28 days after the expiry of the storage period.

(e) You will lose the right to display Special Number Plates if:

you do not renew the registration of the vehicle for which your Special Number Plates are issued within 3 months of the expiry of the registration of the vehicle; or
you do not place the Special Number Plates in storage at an RTA motor registry within 28 days of the expiry of the storage period and pay the applicable Special Number Plate lease fee and storage fee; or
you surrender your vehicle registration.
(f) Special Number Plates must be returned to the RTA within 14 days of receiving a written notice from the RTA that the right to display the Special Number Plates has been lost. Failure to return the Special Number Plates within such timeframe may constitute an offence. If you then wish to reserve the same Special Number Plate combination, you will have to place a new order and pay applicable fees.

(g) Notwithstanding anything in these terms and conditions, the use of an unregistered vehicle on a road may constitute an offence.

(h) Failure by the RTA to provide you with notice of your vehicle registration renewal or the expiry of any storage period for your Special Number Plates, is not a breach of these terms and conditions and does not affect the expiry of your right to display your Special Number Plates, or your obligations under these terms and conditions.

3.4 Sale of Special Number Plates

(a) Other than as set out in paragraph 3.4(b) below, you cannot sell or otherwise transfer the right to display Standard Content and Personalised Content Special Number Plates .

(b) You may apply to exchange the right to display Standard Content or Personalised Content Special Number Plates with another vehicle registered in your name or a member of your immediate family. If the Special Number Plates are registered to a company, the company may exchange the right to display with its employee or its related body corporate. To exchange the right to display Standard Content and Personalised Content Special Number Plates, you and the person or company you intend to exchange plates with must complete and submit to the RTA the applicable form and pay the applicable exchange fee.

(c) You can sell or otherwise transfer the right to display Personalised Plus content and Numeral-only plates. To sell your Personalised Plus content or Numeral-Only plates:

you and the new holder of your plates must complete and submit to the RTA the applicable form; and
the new holder must pay the applicable fee.
(d) Upon the sale or transfer of your Personalised Plus or Numeral-Only plates, you will be regarded as having surrendered your number-plate. The RTA may issue you with another set of number-plates with different content from that of the transferred number-plate subject to the payment of the applicable fee for that issue.

SKREMN
10-07-2006, 10:46 PM
i was being lazy thanks

Weq
11-07-2006, 05:50 PM
Why don't you ring the RTA and get your answers?
You'll get correct information too if you ring ;)

Great info guys. this helped him heeps. it also helped that other 100 n00bs who will search for this thread.

h22a accord
11-07-2006, 05:51 PM
pq point then aye boy's? ;)