PDA

View Full Version : Got Run Off The Road Help!!

amato2
10-07-2006, 12:54 AM
ok so last week driving along minden my own business and what happens some lady doesnt look or indicate to go into my lane and runs mee off the road...

i hit the kurb on the passenger side pretty hard prob bout 50 - 60 km's

anyways the steering started to shake and vier in directions....so i had decided to get a alignment and balance...Nothing all good bar the cambers out buy 2 degress....so now i am stumped

What the hell is going on with my car......

i have booked it at honda to let them chack it all over....but they didnt sound very convincing...

What do u guys think

kayot1k
10-07-2006, 01:59 AM
"nothing all good bar the cambers..." ?
what are you trying to say?
does this problem ( shakey steering wheel ) continue after this incident even after ur alignment/balance ?

if honda is ok with it, then what is the problem ?

aaronng
10-07-2006, 02:12 AM
Your rim could be warped. Drive shaft could be bent too.

amato2
10-07-2006, 08:27 PM
thats what i have been thinking that i might have bent something somewhere....its not the wheels cause i got that looked at when i got the wheels aligned and balanced.....

i meant the camber are out by 3 degres but that doesnt matter....

The problem is that my car shakes/vibrates when i go over 60k's

aaronng
10-07-2006, 08:42 PM
Checked the drive shaft for any bending and the rotors for warpage?

Zdster
10-07-2006, 09:01 PM
The control arm might have also bent?

A good way to check all of this stuff is to compare the side that hit to one of the other 'good' sides of the car :).

amato2
11-07-2006, 12:09 AM
yeah i think i will get honda to do a full run down of the sussy system....i just wanted to know what i was talking about to them so i can explain what i think moght be wrong....

thanx for ya help guys i will post wot happens

aaronng
11-07-2006, 12:30 AM
Keep us updated as well. Hitting the curb happens often and your damage discovery will lead us in the right direction if we are ever in the same situation.

amato2
11-07-2006, 01:13 AM
np i will give you report on thursday that when i taking the car i will tell you what went wrong and how much it cost me...