PDA

View Full Version : 99 EK CD Install

christmas
10-07-2006, 08:50 AM
Morning all,

Been having some problems pulling my dash apart to install a new CD player I got on the weekend.

It’s so damn hard to get into does anyone know how to do it?

I am sure you guys have done it, do you need to take the whole bottom half of the dash out or can you just pull out the centre console part of it?

cheers

Zdster
10-07-2006, 09:34 AM
This has been covered a few times, but here is a link for you. You need to remove the arm rest and other centre console pieces to get to the back of the stereo. Even though the link shows a US model which is slightly different, most of the screws are in the same place on our models.

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/instal/aii/pages/civic/1999/19815_01.html

Fr3aKi3
10-07-2006, 09:57 AM
I remember taking out the lower dash on the drivers side (3 or 4 screws and some clips),
took out the glove box (2 screws underneath the glove box)
centre console - screws on both driver and passenger side, there were also screws just above the cigarette lighter and in the ash tray (although from memory i think you may only need to remove the centre of the 3 screws there, can't really remember but doesn't take long to get all the screws out anyways)

I didn't really have a need to take out the armrest but in doing that you'll have more room to work with.

Just be careful when you pull out the drivers side dash and the centre console. The drivers side dash has wiring for the power mirrors and steering lock (i think it was steering lock), the centre console piece has wiring for the cig lighter and small light which lights up the ashtray but this is bundled into one plug.

christmas
10-07-2006, 10:30 AM
thanks all, 99% sure i know where to start now.
mods can close.

Zdster
10-07-2006, 10:41 AM
thanks all, 99% sure i know where to start now.
mods can close.

Drop me a PM if you get stuck and I can give you a hand.