PDA

View Full Version : Custom made spring

10-07-2006, 03:28 PM
Im after some lowering spring for my car and i want it to be stiffer as well. Tried King Spring b4, didnt feel good.

Is there anywhere that i can custom made a set of spring in Melbourne?
If so, how much will that be and where it is?

Thx

Kawasaki
10-07-2006, 04:35 PM
Im after some lowering spring for my car and i want it to be stiffer as well. Tried King Spring b4, didnt feel good.

Thx

get coilovers if it u want some good sussy. king springs are rubbish

BlitZ
10-07-2006, 04:52 PM
custom height or rate? or both?

pushrodpower
10-07-2006, 05:46 PM
Try www.quadrantsuspensions.com.au they do Targa Tassie Porches, GTP and V8 supercars, Brute Utes and my car :D.

They know there shit.

DomenEK
10-07-2006, 09:10 PM
They know there shit.
"They know they are shit", or "They know there is shit", or do you actually mean
"They know their shit"????:p

I tried to find out about this too. I asked a couple of places, and to get a set of custom made springs, I was looking at about $600-odd for a set of 2, from memory. For that price, I thought I'd be better off sticking with what I had until I saved enough for a set of full coilovers.

saxman
10-07-2006, 09:45 PM

Thx
what spring rate were you using? what spring rate would you like? what shocks were you using?

egSi
10-07-2006, 09:59 PM
KMAC and Kings both do custom springs.

ONE600
10-07-2006, 10:16 PM
and why r king springs shit? Coz they not jap?

yes kmac and king make custom springs, thats where I got mine customs.

BlitZ
11-07-2006, 09:44 AM
yeah they both do custom heights...
Ill let kings do the custom height business
KMAC is fine too but their spring range is always uncaptive... and i hate uncaptive springs.. just doesnt seem right

I asked about custom spring rate..
this was from the technical advisor of king spring dude in melbourne :
"we can, but your better off buying a spring to suit as it would cost too much" - 600+ (u can get any rates with that money with better brand)

and KMAC...
I have been told they simply cut coils off coils to increase the spring rate by people from other forums ahahhha...

BTW - you need to know what u want..... the word custom means BS*.. are u talkaing about height, rate, color, sticker.. if u dont know what you are talking about then read up on it... - you cant call kings or any manufacturer and ask i was cutome and not be able to name specs........ give more details..

BlitZ
11-07-2006, 09:57 AM

Thx

you have only tried king springs and now u want custome?

try another 6 sets first... there are heaps good sprigns off the shelf... custome= expensive .. + being made in australia the quality shouldnt meet JDM counterparts

pushrodpower
11-07-2006, 12:04 PM
[QUOTE=DomenEK]"
"They know their shit"????:p

Thats the one:p
Give them a call and have a chat. It can't hurt

iced
11-07-2006, 05:21 PM

Thx
are you using stock shocks.
stiffer lower springs require higher damper rate otherwise you just bounce like an idiot.