PDA

View Full Version : Installing aftermarket alarm on a Legend

bdang007
10-07-2006, 05:37 PM
Has anyone done so? How much did it cost and was it a pain? And how about the remote control for the alarm, I do not seem to have one for the original immobiliser/central locking and I was wondering if there was one available somewhere.

euro69
10-07-2006, 06:35 PM
whats your location???

dhdevil
11-07-2006, 10:25 AM
any alarm system will be able to be installed, looks like eur69 can help you out.

i have a after market THOR system, it does the trick, remote start for cold mornings and remote boot relese is very handy for me.

Spunkymonkey
13-07-2006, 01:05 PM
please do a search as there are plenty of alarm threads. one also in the where to buy forum atm.

bdang007
13-07-2006, 01:09 PM
I did a search prior to creating this thread. It is a thread specifically for a Legend as I could not find any threads relating to this. The problem is that I was told that adding an after market alarm to a Legend was a big problem and that most alarm places wont do it... so just checking to see what the consensus is regarding this. Thanks for the input.

dhdevil
13-07-2006, 09:27 PM
nar the legend will be just like any other car of that year. check the traders on here or the trading post.

bdang007
13-07-2006, 09:48 PM
hmm well i've checked with one alarm place and the guy said it was too much trouble so he didnt want to touch it haha... i'm going to try pro form and see what happens. Hope they dont stuff up the built in immobiliser.... i do not have the remote for it... any one know if I can get it from a honda dealer or somewhere??