PDA

View Full Version : Worth it?

EKCivic96
11-07-2006, 07:34 PM
Currently some of you may have seen my look alike 4WD. http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47350&highlight=pitty
So i like most want to get it lowered, here in lies the problem. So many choices, very little money.

1. Tein s-tech $380 delivered.
2. King Spring Super Low $240+ postage.
3. Whiteline flat out lowers 40mm - 50mm $300+ postage.

And if anyone can suggest any more.

Heres the question, are the tein s-tech really worth the extra $140+ delivery? Has anyone had the experience of both of these? I dont drive my car on the track, put i do corner hard from time to time :p

One more, i stuck my hand under my guard at the front wheels, and i found what felt like a big nut on the end of a big bolt, it seems really close to my tyres. I assume atleast all EK1 civics will have it and i just wanted to confirm that it wont be a problem when lowering my car.

Thanks for the help

p.s The car is a 1996 Honda Civic EK1 Hatch

jdm_kid
11-07-2006, 07:44 PM
1. Tein s-tech - doesnt lower lower ur car, good for track i guess (only lowers by 1-1.5")
2. King Spring Super Low will sagg after a few long months, good for looks (lowers by 2.5"-3")
3. Whiteline flat out lowers 40mm - 50mm, heard they were good springs n dont sagg but not sure if they go as low

EKCivic96
11-07-2006, 07:54 PM
Thanks mate, i know alot of people get king springs can they tell me how bad the sagging is AND did they incur any scrubbing after it? im leaning towards them despite the sagging, price is too good.

jdm_kid
11-07-2006, 08:10 PM
i dont know what they mean by sagg ? but i got king springs at the moment n i find them fine, had them for awhile now, its fine for daily driver now n then, but if ur a touge whore like me then u wouldnt be happy with king springs, king springs are for looks n too cruise around with :)

EKCivic96
11-07-2006, 08:13 PM
king springs are for looks n too cruise around with

That all they're probably going to be used for.

Do you have any scrubbing issues?

jdm_kid
11-07-2006, 08:34 PM
That all they're probably going to be used for.

Do you have any scrubbing issues?

no scrubbin unless u get like 18s or something then u got problems

VTECACCORD
11-07-2006, 08:47 PM
If you can get them HR Sport springs are awesome to go with,

Otherwise id go with spoon progressive springs, pay more get a good quality spring

Waggy
11-07-2006, 09:10 PM
S-tech don't lower? I've seen photos of cars on S-tech springs and they are as low as super lows??

I'd go with the Tein or Whiteline man - I got Kings temporarily and they suck!

jdm_kid
11-07-2006, 09:19 PM
S-tech don't lower? I've seen photos of cars on S-tech springs and they are as low as super lows??

I'd go with the Tein or Whiteline man - I got Kings temporarily and they suck!

post some pix of the s-tech
i just got my info from - http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46306 lol

EKCivic96
12-07-2006, 12:23 PM
yeah thats where i would be buying them from if i decided on them.

They way 1-2 inch, so im hoping they are closer to 2.

Has anyone got them on and can post some pics before and after

mrwillz
12-07-2006, 06:27 PM
theres the 'sagg' where brand new springs will drop a bit more after some km's racked up and settled down
or theres the 'sagg' from ageing of springs
springs will obviously 'sagg' some more faster then otherss..(age)

SiReal
12-07-2006, 08:01 PM
Traditionally, S Tech lower approx 2", and H Tech around 1.3" to 1.5". Have a look on their website. www.tein.com (http://www.tein.com). But beware of fake Tein S Tech springs.

If your running stock shocks, i would go the mild drop of around 1.5" max. maybe king lows. Unless ur going to upgrade ur shocks, ur never going to get Montoya style handling. Kings + Konis have had good things said. Then again, i would avoid kings if possible.

toE
12-07-2006, 10:15 PM
Let's move this here.
You might get more responses :)

EKCivic96
13-07-2006, 12:37 PM
Cheers, now i can ask more noob questions :p

What are a set of decent shocks worth?