PDA

View Full Version : Dead rear p/w

SIR GSR
11-07-2006, 10:45 PM
As the topic states, I have a rear, driver's side power window that doesn't work anymore. i've tried replacing the actual switch, both at the door, and the main one in the front door...

The regulator is getting power when the switch is activated, but the window does nothing. Anyone have any ideas? I'm not looking forward to having to replace the whole regulator assembly because it is fully attached to the window isn't it?

Please help.....:(

destrukshn
11-07-2006, 10:47 PM
nah it's not glued on to the window or anything
it's just bolted on by 2 bolts or so.
on your car, i think you have to take out the window channel, then you can take out the glass, then you can replace the regulator.

SIR GSR
11-07-2006, 10:51 PM
Sorry mate...

I'm not even sure how to do all that...:(

CRXer
11-07-2006, 11:26 PM
Are you testing for 12v across the 2 motor connector wires?(correct)
Or just testing for 12v to chassis on 2 motor conn wires?(incorrect,as it wont tell u if your gettin good ground)
Keep probes connected to motor connector & see if it reverses polarity when you switch the switch the other way.
If it does then time to take motor out & replace it.
Before you do take motor out put 12V across it from battery quickly one way & if it doesnt move take off immediately & then reverse to see if it moves,if still nothing def replace motor.

SIR GSR
12-07-2006, 12:06 AM
Hey,

I was testing for power across the 2 wires going to the regulator. 12V in...0V out.

CRXer
12-07-2006, 12:31 AM
Now leave tester probes in same position you got 12V & flick the window switch the other way to see if it gives you -12V,ie changes polarity.
You will then know its def a motor fault if it does,& then start pulling the motor out.