PDA

View Full Version : Why delete a link to another Honda resource ?

Civic Type R
12-07-2006, 11:51 AM
Yesterday i posted a thread informing people that the dohc-vtec.com.au website has changed to a new address of dohc-vtec.net yet you found it not worthy on this forum.
If this is what OH has come to then god help it. :thumbdwn:

aaronng
12-07-2006, 12:02 PM
You'll get the attention of the mods here in the site discussion forum. Not in the lounge.

Civic Type R
12-07-2006, 12:16 PM
I cant honestly see the point in deleting my post informing people of the new website address?
Its Honda related, useful information from the site has been linked to from these forums on many occasions and no malicious intent was ever intended.

Adam.

JasonGilholme
12-07-2006, 12:23 PM
I have to agree with you here mate.

We're all hear to find answers, and that link was to another resource that we could have used. Theres plenty of complaints about the quantity of "noob" questions, yet when a useful link is posted up it gets shot down....WTF? Do you want more "noob" questions or not?

Jase

aaronng
12-07-2006, 01:14 PM
Well, it was deleted probably because your post did look like an advertisement. The part that said that the address was changed was in a tiny font and was probably not noticed.

Next time, instead of putting pics and all that just say "dohc-vtec.com.au has changed address. It is now dohc-vtec.net. Please update your bookmarks". This way it is less likely to have your post misconstrued as an advertisement.

SINISTR
12-07-2006, 01:21 PM
Adam... don't stress mate... I've had posts like yours deleted about WAHONDA forum and other 'links'

you've done what the mods request tho - have it in your signature.

Can't do anything more about it.

jdm_kid
12-07-2006, 01:23 PM
just a tho, u could have redirecting page ....

Civic Type R
12-07-2006, 01:41 PM
I would have thought that as a OH supporter I would be able to promote the dohc-vtec website. Anyway, i'l leave it there for theres no need for us to argue over it. :)

Mike, I was identifying the website - not the forum :thumbsup:

bennjamin
12-07-2006, 04:53 PM
True , there is a link in this site somewhere (dont have the time right this second to find it ) of Ozhonda affiliates. You are welcome to update that or pm a mod to etc.
As a OH supporter it doesnt give you a "get out of jail free" card tho :)

wynode
12-07-2006, 08:16 PM
We don't have the links section anymore (I think that's what you were talking about Ben)

Adam, I think the issue was it was more of an advertisement (with a big banner etc).

Maybe we can have a sticky thread in the lounge pointing to all Oz based Honda forums........food for thought?

bennjamin
13-07-2006, 07:41 AM
Thats probably why i couldnt find it :)
BTW sounds a great idea ~ anyone can post up local and international (ofcourse once moderated) links to other great resources...

SINISTR
13-07-2006, 11:16 AM
finally someones got the 'idea' :P

panda[cRx]
13-07-2006, 07:14 PM
We don't have the links section anymore (I think that's what you were talking about Ben)

is that one of the 'hacks' removed due to 'security issues' ??

Maybe we can have a sticky thread in the lounge pointing to all Oz based Honda forums........food for thought?

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

wynode
13-07-2006, 07:39 PM
']is that one of the 'hacks' removed due to 'security issues' ??

:thumbsup::thumbsup: Sure is.......all none of the mods we had to the board were the cause of the hacking :)

Civic Type R
14-07-2006, 06:14 PM
Fair enough.. but remember i am NOT promoting the forums - which is what you guys seem to think. I am only promoting the website and its new address.

btw, I saw some nice rides in Sydney yesterday. I was over there for a day :)