PDA

View Full Version : arrrhhh... Slow Window!!!

ICVCI
28-09-2003, 01:58 PM
problem:
Front passenger window, windes up slowly, like its ok till it gets to the half way, then it take its time moving up. its been like that since i got my car back from the panel beater.

possibilities:
rubber seals
dude who worked on my car got lost in the moment and forgot something

does anyone here know wat to use to fix the problem?

most appreciated.

ps.
hey there should be a troubleshooting section, wat do ya recon? :idea:

wynode
28-09-2003, 02:33 PM
If its like that after comming from the panel beaters, then take it back and get them to fix it up.

Otherwise you can generally try lubricating the rubber that the window slides against.

Setanta
28-09-2003, 05:45 PM
It could also be the motors on the way out.

ICVCI
28-09-2003, 06:56 PM
yeah i get ya wynode, but i cant be bothered taking it back again, u'd think, by the 7th return, everything would be sweet. they've wasted enough time already.

i gonna see if this thing called a 'silicon stick' works and some adjustment. the motor is fine, but i'll check it out anyway.

came across this though, may be useful to some:

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/instal/instal.htm

wynode
28-09-2003, 08:00 PM
yeah i get ya wynode, but i cant be bothered taking it back again, u'd think, by the 7th return, everything would be sweet. they've wasted enough time already.

i gonna see if this thing called a 'silicon stick' works and some adjustment. the motor is fine, but i'll check it out anyway.

came across this though, may be useful to some:

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/instal/instal.htm

Just make sure you get it fixed up ASAP otherwise a few months down the track you'll be cursing even more!!

Don't worry about pissing the panel beaters off.......cause you're not going there again :)

VTi-RT
03-10-2003, 12:23 AM
I could be that they didn't refit your seals properly... If you can be brothered, take your trim off and take a look.

I would lub the seals first, spray some armourall along the seal and wind your window up and down. If it gets easier to wind, then problem solved.

Civic Type R
03-10-2003, 12:42 AM
yeah my power window engine died out one day and it was taking its time to go up. Maybe yours is on the blink too.

It also sounds like something from starwars when it goes up and down too. Have you ever noticed that .. :?

ICVCI
03-10-2003, 01:51 AM
thanks for that guyz... havent had the time to fix the window... definitly gonna do it before the weekend...

civic type r - yeah it stuggles going up, like a fat boy walking up the stair case...

SLAVE
03-10-2003, 09:54 AM
I've seen a door mounted speaker rub the window and slow it down, There were no noises or anything.

Civic Type R
03-10-2003, 10:59 AM
Thats not good !
but you can always overcome that problem if you cutout a bit of mdf and mount that to the existing mounting point. Either that or buy a set of fronts with smaller magnets :x

But yeah... those little engines can die when you least expect it. :shock:

EYEZ4U
03-10-2003, 11:18 AM
dont get me started on freakin windows my drivers side widow dropped twice but the motor is workin pretty good

ICVCI
03-10-2003, 02:38 PM
ok got the window fixed, wasnt anything major,

solution:

silicon spray the rubber seals [horizontal and diagonal sides], and dont be shy about using it too...

Civic Type R
03-10-2003, 02:53 PM
o ok ...
what is this spray ?
Maybe i need to get some too . 8)

Bumble B
03-10-2003, 03:20 PM
Yeah me too... my passenger window goes up really slowly - sounds painful almost. It's been like that for ages, so I can't remember how it started doing that.

ICVCI
03-10-2003, 03:38 PM
silicon spray...

VTi-RT
03-10-2003, 06:23 PM
all you need is Armourall or similar.

wynode
03-10-2003, 06:40 PM
Yeah me too... my passenger window goes up really slowly - sounds painful almost. It's been like that for ages, so I can't remember how it started doing that.

Hey so does mine ;)

Looneee
06-10-2003, 04:58 PM
I had the same problem in my 88 CRX, motors were fine. So I used. WD 40, silicon spray, took of the door trims and used grease and a stick of dry lube and went spastic. After a few up and down's ALL GOOD. don't hold back on the wd40 spray.

NOTE: Buy a powerful glass cleaner afterwards. windows get a bit on the oily side.

Caster®
06-10-2003, 07:39 PM
Another alternative is graphite power, that should do the trick.