PDA

View Full Version : 5 by 7's for 97 civic coup

V-TEC_BABY
12-07-2006, 09:36 PM
hey guys just wondering how i take out the old stock 5 by 7's and put new ones in...do i have to take the whole back shelf off? i tried just taking the plastic cap off the top but there is not enough room to get the speakers out... has any one had a coup before and installed speakers into it?

tRipitaka
12-07-2006, 09:37 PM
tried accessing from the boot ?

|N|
12-07-2006, 09:41 PM
hey guys just wondering how i take out the old stock 5 by 7's and put new ones in...do i have to take the whole back shelf off? i tried just taking the plastic cap off the top but there is not enough room to get the speakers out... has any one had a coup before and installed speakers into it?

when i did mine like a few weeks back .. i took out the whole tray ... and there s like 4 screws on each speakers... . not sure wt u mean when u say not enf space.... u cant just take teh cover off... have to take the whole tray thingy

Fr3aKi3
12-07-2006, 09:51 PM
Could you take a pic and show us what it's like?

I have no idea what the rear parcel shelf is like in a ek coupe but i know that for a sedan you have to take the whole plastic tray out (as |N| said) and for hatches all you really need to take out are the plastic grilles.

Are you sure that it's 5x7's in the rear and not 6x9's? I would've thought that it would be 6x9's to keep in line with the other EK models.

Edit: i just saw pics of the rear parcel shelf in a coupe, looks like you'll have to take the whole shelf out.

ICACHA
12-07-2006, 10:44 PM

trying to interpret what youve asked, you have a civic coupe and you want to change the 6x9s in the rear and want to know how to get them out?

if your answer is yes then my answer to your question is you have to pull the whole rear end apart to get to the speakers that is your answer.

if no please re-ask the question with more information regarding your car...

DC5TYPER
12-07-2006, 11:09 PM
I owned a 96 Coupe and I did change my rear speakers 3 times! :( You will have to take off the rear side panels to access the top shelf so you can remove it. After that is easier. Be patient and dont wreck your panels by being impatient, it will take you a good 1 hour to do it properly. And yes as stated before by [Fr3aKi3] they are 6x9 inch Speakers. Also make sure you put something in between the top shelf cover and base metal shelf to stop vibrations from the new more powerful speakers of subwoofers in the boot.

Have fun mate :cool: :wave:

shinji112
13-07-2006, 10:10 PM
I owned a 96 Coupe and I did change my rear speakers 3 times! :( You will have to take off the rear side panels to access the top shelf so you can remove it. After that is easier. Be patient and dont wreck your panels by being impatient, it will take you a good 1 hour to do it properly. And yes as stated before by [Fr3aKi3] they are 6x9 inch Speakers. Also make sure you put something in between the top shelf cover and base metal shelf to stop vibrations from the new more powerful speakers of subwoofers in the boot.

Have fun mate :cool: :wave:

DC5TYPER is right.. u gotta remove the side panels at the back to get the parcel shelf off properly. i did it home-job style and just had a mate hold back each side panel one at a time while i popped out the parcel shelf on each side (to hell with doing it the long way) :D
but before u do anything there are tiny clips in ur boot that need to be popped out which is where the parcel shelf is attached and i think u gotta unbolt the babyseat clip which is also bolted in the boot =) then install ur speakers! i shoulda done wat DC5TYPER said and stuffed some foam or insulator of some kind between the the cover and the metal base.. coz gitdamn it vibrates!! but then again my whole boot lid tends to vibrate a little.. any suggests on how to stop that?? coz once i get my 12" type S alpine sub in there its gonna be a bitch

tron07
16-07-2006, 10:40 AM
I will probably remove the rear speakers and leave holes for the bass to merge with the front comps... who wants rear field speakers when I can have full front staging and imaging :D

DC5TYPER
17-07-2006, 09:45 PM
I will probably remove the rear speakers and leave holes for the bass to merge with the front comps... who wants rear field speakers when I can have full front staging and imaging :D

I did that with JBL Splits. But after a while you miss the rear speakers. The rear makes the sound more 360degrees around you.

shinji112 i shoulda done wat DC5TYPER said and stuffed some foam or insulator of some kind between the the cover and the metal base.. coz gitdamn it vibrates!! but then again my whole boot lid tends to vibrate a little.. any suggests on how to stop that?? coz once i get my 12" type S alpine sub in there its gonna be a bitch

Try sound deadening the boot lid from underneath. Stinger roadkill or Dynamat Boot Kit. :thumbsup:

shinji112
17-07-2006, 09:53 PM
yeah i was just lookin up a Dynamat boot kit today.. $164 on ebay with postage included.. looks pretty good! been checkin out other peoples installations in their boot. after i get splits i'll start thinking abt SD for my doors.. coz they rattle a fair bit