PDA

View Full Version : Vafc 2 for dc5 auto?

boggey
14-07-2006, 02:12 AM
Hey all was thinking of getting a vafc 2 and was woundering whether the ivtec control will work on the base dc5 auto 02-04 model, and was woundering if i got it professionally dyno tuned wat types of gains will i be looking at and cause i want the car to go better on fuel economy and smoother generally, but apart from that (i know ill get ripped off i like the rice appeal of it :o ). But ive read somewhere that its a good second option for an auto not wanting the AU$1000+ auto reflash from hondata.
I dont really know much bout ecu ecept from wat i read on forums so please help :D .
Oh and how much would it approx cost to get it tuned and installed, and any suggestions where?

Thanx heaps in advanced:thumbsup:

CUL8R
14-07-2006, 02:18 AM
300 For The Unit
150 For A Plug And Play Harness Or Install
150 For Tune

Roughly Thats What Ur Looking At
Is Ur Car Stock? Wat Mods Do U Have?

boggey
14-07-2006, 02:58 AM
performance wise i ve got a 2.25 inch custom cat back exhaust and will have in a weeks time an injen cai, but will in bout 6mths have type r style aftermarket (spoon/ toda) full exhaust, but gotta wait till me cousin comes back from hong kong (cheap parts). So for the mean time i was thinking of getting the vafc 2, and retune car l8r when i got exhaust system. And i thought it costed $420 for the unit (vafc 2 not 1) and does each type of car require a different plug and play harness. Oh and do u know if u can hv two settings on it so u can set one for fuel economy and one for the more spirited drive), so that u can push a preset button so it changes from one mode to the other. Oh and 150 for a tune sounds cheap from wat ive heard.

But yeah i know these r probably very noobish questions but hey thats wats a forum for.
But does anyone know ppl that has experience with vafc 2 in sydney so i could perhaps contact them to do it for me?

Thanx

CUL8R
14-07-2006, 11:04 AM
ok ill answer the questions i know answers to.
i said 300 coz its very easy to find one second hand for cheap. i sold mine for like 250, just keep an eye out on the for sales.
theres one out there for 450 in forsales, dont touch it, overpriced something hardcore, even if it was new(which it aint).

yes from a prelude to a teg to a civic they all use different ecus. but sometimes just having an OBD2 ecu harness will suffice for a couple cars. check this link, they make quality stuff. check which one of the vehicles listed suits ur application
http://www.boomslang.us/vafc2.htm

it isnt possible to store two sets of fuel maps and change by pushing a button.

anyone with a wideband O2 sensor at their dyno should be capable of doing the tune, its a pretty basic unit but u can tell a good tuner to an average tuner just by having one of hese tuned. trust me i found out first hand what a dodgy tuner does

boggey
14-07-2006, 12:18 PM
ok looked at the site and it costs $170 US for my harness, but still dosent say whether its an obd2 or obd1 harness, can u get harnesses in Aus.
So When i get it i need to buy the vafc2 unit the harness and the install and the tuning right?
But thanx heaps

CUL8R
14-07-2006, 02:27 PM
if u buy the harness install should cost u nothing coz its a 2 min job. if u dont buy the harness the installer will have to splice ur ecu wires and junk, really not pretty, i was dumb wen i got a vafc2 and opted for the splicing option, if if there was anything i would redo when going the vafc2 i woulda got the harness.
ur harness will be an obd2 (this is not of importance at all), it aint a cheap harness (hell my obd2a->obd1 harness only cost me 170 aud ish) but atleast u wont have to have anyone hack ur wiring, i would pay 100bucks extra for peace of mind personally.

TODA AU
14-07-2006, 04:38 PM
Save your money, you won't get any power with that toy on a DC5.
It doesn't work. Don't think, just believe.