PDA

View Full Version : Accord Euro - Differences from the 04, to 06 models and a few q's

deeps
14-07-2006, 07:40 PM
Hi,

I purchased a second hand Euro 04 model yesterday, but i won't get it for a few more days. I got a few q's about it, and hope you will bare with me and help me out here :)

I'm just wondering what i'm missing out on from the newer models?

Mine is an Accord Euro Luxury, manufactured in September of 04.

So far i can see:

16" alloys... New has 17"
Rain sensing wipers
Standard Satellite Navigation
Rear end looks a bit different. Can't place what exactly though.
HID Lights (i don't think my model had it? OR does it?)
6 speed tiptronic? Mine does have tiptronic, but i believe it's only 5 speed. Not sure on that either.

Any other changes? Is there a changelog of some sorts somewhere?

Also, does someone have a rough estimate to how much it would cost to add a sports kit onto it now? If it's at all possible from Honda.

Next, i'm going to get window tint, but i've read something about the windows not having felt, and thus scratching the tint off or something? Can someone please clarify this?

Does anyone know what company makes the sound system in the Euro?

Cheers :)

EuroDude
14-07-2006, 07:54 PM
Mechanically they are the same. Its a 5 speed Auto box, or 6 speed manual. Same gearbox, same engine.

The '06 changes I am aware of are:

-Revised front and rear bumpers.
-Different Rim design
-Trip computer (tells you fuel consumption)
-Steering wheel lights are a different colour and has two extra buttons for the trip computer.
-There is a 12v power point in the middle armrest compartment (?)
-The Dash is a slightly different design (?)
-Full sized spare wheel

(?) means im not completely sure

The sound system is Pioneer I think.

evolution42
14-07-2006, 08:00 PM
The '04 has over the '03:
Dunlop 2050M tyres (previously Michelin)
Silver trim on the air-vent adjusters
Enamel steering wheel Honda badge (previously matt-finish)

The '05 has over the '04:
17" alloys+full size spare
Illuminated multifunction steering-wheel buttons
Some minor suspension revisions

The '06 has over the '05
Different front/rear end styling
Different 17" wheel design
New wiper design (european style- thinner/more aerodynamic)
New steering wheel design
Multifunction trip computer
New instrument cluster design
Sat-nav option on Luxury
Metallic console trim on Luxury model (as opposed to previous woodgrain)
Different shift knobs for both manual and auto
Auto-dimming rear view mirror on Luxury

That's all i can think of for now- if there is anything i've forgotten, pls add:)

All Luxury Accord Euro's since '03 have rain-sensing wipers and xenon HID headlights i think. All automatics are 5-speed with tiptronic. I've been told Pioneer makes the sound system on the Accord Euro but i'm not 100% sure so don't quote me on it.

Hope that helps a bit:)

deeps
14-07-2006, 08:16 PM
thanks heaps for that! Helps alot. Awesome, i get HID Headlights! Although from the review's, they don't seem to be all that great?

Doesn't seem like i missed out on toooo much, except the 17" wheels. Are there some sort of wiper squirters on the headlights? There's two rectangle thingis there, but i couldn't work out what they were.

Thanks again for your help :)

evolution42
14-07-2006, 09:30 PM
yep those are the headlight washers- ADR requirement for all cars with xenon headlights (along with auto-levelling, which the euro lux. has of course)

to activate it, turn your headlights on and pull the wiper stalk towards you as if you were washing your windscreen. the windscreen and headlight washers will activate simulaneously, but the headlight washer only lasts for 1-2secs even if you hold the stalk towards you. if you activate it again, it'll work again tho:)

deeps
14-07-2006, 11:44 PM
hmm why is it an ADR requirement for headlights to have washers??

Interesting, i don't see why without them they are a safety issue as such?

i just keep readin lots and lots of good stuff about this car, i can't wait to get it... 4 days

coladuna
15-07-2006, 12:02 AM
thanks heaps for that! Helps alot. Awesome, i get HID Headlights! Although from the review's, they don't seem to be all that great?

Those reviewers don't know jackshit.
I don't know how the Euro's HID compares to other cars, but it's still miles better than the standard halogen lights. Every single person who has been in my car has commented how bright the light is at night.

kitbkk
15-07-2006, 12:43 AM
Mechanically they are the same. Its a 5 speed Auto box, or 6 speed manual. Same gearbox, same engine.

The '06 changes I am aware of are:

-Revised front and rear bumpers.
-Different Rim design
-Trip computer (tells you fuel consumption)
-Steering wheel lights are a different colour and has two extra buttons for the trip computer.
-There is a 12v power point in the middle armrest compartment (?)
-The Dash is a slightly different design (?)
-Full sized spare wheel

(?) means im not completely sure

The sound system is Pioneer I think.
My 05 lux has full size spare wheel as well

deeps
15-07-2006, 02:12 AM
My 04 lux has space saver :(

evolution42
15-07-2006, 02:05 PM
My 05 lux has full size spare wheel as well

Yes that was a change in the '05 model

supersaiyan
05-10-2012, 03:07 AM
is there any changes in the 2006-2008 CL9 Facelift versions?! just curious but it doesn't seem like it?

ExpressCoffee
05-10-2012, 09:23 AM
is there any changes in the 2006-2008 CL9 Facelift versions?! just curious but it doesn't seem like it?

Should be the same I'm pretty sure

UR34DY
07-10-2012, 12:28 AM
in the 07 as stated above its pretty much the same besides front and rear bar dash and the option of the sat nav
in the 04 dont think it had an option of a satnav

HunterZero
09-10-2012, 12:20 PM
Satnav was a $3K option for both the standard and Lux (not sure when they started offering this option, but probably late 04 or 05). Was so expensive hardly anyone took it. The Tourer special edition facelifted Euro had it as standard - was basically just a MY06 base model with satnav, foglights and rear parking sensors. And rather ugly 16" rims.

MY06 Lux onwards has an automatic dimming rear vision mirror (not the side mirrors unfortunately). Mine has this. It's just a Gentex one, you can retrofit one if you are keen, but not really worth the trouble.

- HZ

andyn
10-10-2012, 11:43 PM
hrmm i thought the 06-08 had stronger conrods and crankshaft compared to the pre-faced versions...

supersaiyan
11-10-2012, 01:54 AM
so its safe to say that buying a 06 euro would be totally the same as a 08 euro (cl9)? so there are no changes whatsoever and its just for bragging rights lol?

e46au
11-10-2012, 08:51 AM
hrmm i thought the 06-08 had stronger conrods and crankshaft compared to the pre-faced versions...

I think the changes only applied to Acura TSX not Accord Euro ( I could be wrong).

however, the increased KW from 06+ are due to diff cat (from a 500 cell cat to a 300 cell cat) and exhaust piping diameter.

Could someone correct me if i am wrong?

monkeyspank
26-02-2013, 04:23 PM
dont mean to revive an old thread but didnt want to start a new one as its relevant to this topic anyway..

Are the headlights interchangeable between 04 and 06? or do i have to do the complete facelift? (bumper and grill)
also, would there be any probs using the 06 headlights with non-HID lights?