PDA

View Full Version : electrics gone bananas

itchyrichie69
14-07-2006, 08:38 PM
My electrics are bananas. I drive a 95 accord VTI
When ever my stereo is on my passanger door light is on, and the stereo will only turn on if i flick on the headlights. I also get a weird buzzing noise through my front left speaker, and the speaker is really soft anyways. It all has somethign to do with the front passenger door and the stereo, it was doing this with the stock unit and i change it but the problem still persists. Does anyone have any idea or any advice of what to do? ? ?
Auto elec or stereo specilist ? ? ?
Its getting really annoying...

Slow96GSR
15-07-2006, 09:45 AM
It was wired wrong I bet. Someone x-ed a few wires. Who installed the radio and speakers?

itchyrichie69
15-07-2006, 06:22 PM
when i purchases the car about 3months ago the same problem was present. the new head unit tho has reduced some of the engine noise ...
me and a friend installed the new head unit and we checked over all the wiring and there is nothing wrong there. one of hte previous owners must have had there own HU in it and took it out coz some of the bolts were threaded and the clock and stacker werent even plugged in...
it wooda been a backyarda id say, ripped it out and put the stockie back so they could keep there own head unit when they sold the car..
are crossed wires a head f*** or can it be fixed reletavly simply...

EuroDude
15-07-2006, 06:54 PM
Does the passenger door light work normally when the radio is off?

It sounds like the passenger light and door speaker wires may have been squashed and shorted to eachother.

I would get an auto electrician to check it out, if it gets worse (such as a 12v line shorting to the car frame), then it could cause a fire.

itchyrichie69
17-07-2006, 04:31 PM
thanks ive got a mate who is a qualified auto elec, been hard to get a hold of his time lately... ill definently get him to have a look now...
thanks

chunky
17-07-2006, 04:33 PM
lol lmao thats funny
definately wired wrong