PDA

View Full Version : OBD2a EK4 ECU pinout

dracos2001
15-07-2006, 07:19 PM
i am looking for the ecu pinout for the EK4 with the B16a automatic.. any help would be appricated, i can't find anything..

ECU-MAN
15-07-2006, 09:35 PM
http://b16a2.kicks-ass.net/tech/OBD2to1ab2.jpg

dracos2001
16-07-2006, 02:00 AM
Are you certain that this pinout pertains to the EK4 B16a automatic? i only ask cause the D16y8 obd2b pinout on that pic omits the automatic plug all togetgher...

CRXer
16-07-2006, 02:12 AM
FAS,AFSA,AFSB,VREF,BARO all link to your Tranny control module
ATP talks to your gear selector & gauge cluster gear indicators

dracos2001
16-07-2006, 03:30 AM
i thought the EK4 civic's did not have a tranny control module? i thought it was onboard control on the ecu?

could you tell me what these are abbreviated for?
FAS,AFSA,AFSB,VREF,BARO
ATP

the only detailed pinout i have to go on is the US manual, and these abbreviations are not on it..

dracos2001
16-07-2006, 03:32 AM
this the manual i am using... while it is useful it does not have any Automatic pinouts for the B16a EK4:

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/i=wMjIxNTQ5NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg
http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/i=wMjIxNTUwNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg
http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/i=wMjIxNTUxNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg
http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/i=wMjIxNTUyNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

CRXer
16-07-2006, 04:31 AM
Ahhh sorry,EK civic,it prob is an all in one box deal then.

I should imagine it would have the same pinouts as you listed.
You dont need abbrev expainations when u got instructions like that.

Check your ecu & see if its got 3 or 4 plugs hanging out of it,if 3 go off what ECU-MAN listed,if 4 then its all in one box & go off what u listed.

dracos2001
16-07-2006, 04:41 AM
the instructions are for the US model civic's... i've got a JDM EK4 B16a which DOES NOT have the B connector that is listed in the US instructions...

i'd like to figure out the abbreviations (FAS,AFSA,AFSB,VREF,BARO, ATP) so that i can cross Reference them with this manual...

i am trying to make a OBD2b to OBD2a converstion harness....

CRXer
16-07-2006, 05:40 AM
Ok,in that case,
FAS is a feedback signal ecu>tcm
VREF is a reference voltage to give ecu & tcm a common reference point
BARO is barometric sensor signal ecu>tcm
AFSA & AFSB are retard detect signals tcm>ecu
& one I missed,
ATCHK ecu checks on tcm data signal
TCM also reads TP(throttle position) sensor,ECT(eng coolant temp) sensor,ACC(A/C clutch relay) & I think VSS(speed sensor) thru parrallel connections off the ecu.
Hope that is all correct,havent dealt with an auto before.

Crap,forgot another one ATP is gear select signal to ecu(detects park & neutral)

ECU-MAN
16-07-2006, 11:41 AM
the data sheets you have posted above includes the AT, ( B connector )

Your right CRXer VSS is Vehcle speed sensor
great post above BTW

BlitZ
16-07-2006, 09:33 PM
i am trying to make a OBD2b to OBD2a converstion harness....

sick.. here you go.. ;)

Although its small u can make it out.. its exactly what ur after..
I just ordered my 2b to 2a harness last week from another member here... abour 150-200... PM me if iu want more detail

I wanted to make one.. then i was like stuff it.. it aint worth the headeache and am now purchasing 2b to 2a harness.....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/civic168/conversion.jpg

dracos2001
17-07-2006, 01:04 AM
the data sheets you have posted above includes the AT, ( B connector )

Your right CRXer VSS is Vehcle speed sensor
great post above BTW

my EK4 b16a ecu does not have a B connector.... so i assume there is a tcu.... i thought OBD2 ecu's had the transmission controls onboard

CRXer
17-07-2006, 01:14 AM
I know the integra models of your era had a TCM on OBD2 located just above the drivers kick panel if that helps at all

dracos2001
17-07-2006, 03:45 AM
yeah, i think i've got myself into more trouble then this is worth.......
ok here is the deal:
i have a 2000 EK (US model, i'm in the states)
i bought a EK4 automatic swap, since i have an automatic civic
the 96+ civics in the states have the transmission controls on the ECU
now it seems that this EK4 swap should have came with a TCU.
But even if it did come with the TCU i don't think i would know how to wire it up to work with my civic

So i think i have a very large and expensive paper weight in my garage.

CRXer
17-07-2006, 02:14 PM
The good lord is just trying to tell u,thou B16A shall not be operated without the use of 3 pedals underfoot.

You just need to source a TCM(this bit sounds the most difficult,i shouldnt imagine there would be too many available,maybe a B series integra would be your best bet).

If you locate the TCM next to your ECU,all the wiring should be there(might just need a return signal from ICM,pick one up behind the gauge cluster,or OBD2B might already have one at the ECU).

Its just a matter of jumping most of the B plug onto the TCM & running the interlinks between the ECU & TCM, & also parralleling some input off the ECU(as I mentioned above,ECT,TPS,ACC & VSS) onto the TCM.

It is a bit more involved,get the appropriate wiring diagrams & work through it one wire at a time,dont be overwhelmed by the entirety of it all.

Plug in the conversion harness & away you go.

Ohh,I forgot one more thing,thou shalt gather up all thy US go fast bits that thy can & send them down to us poor Aussies at the cheapest possible rate.

dracos2001
17-07-2006, 02:55 PM
thank you alot for all your help!! this is more help then i would have ever got on any US forum!

i'd send you all the parts that i could.... its just that shipping that's a killer! :p

CRXer
18-07-2006, 12:19 AM
No worries mate!

Ive tried readin thru Hondatech quite a few times & beside the format & signatures givin me a headache,Ive never been brave enough to post anything in fear of inciting any more hatred in the world......know what u mean...

Like i said pack your bags full of skunk2 leave that auto tranny behind & come down here & find yourself a nice clutch pedal,u could live like a king on your US dollars,just dont try & modify a car with it,cost lots here